REALITY CHECK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
I guess if we used to whine about the ex-coach's selections and tactics, so it should be no different when another coach comes in, some feels that he should be apportioned blame for any decision not favourable to our brilliant armchair minds.

I remember I used to complain about Shane Neumann.
Why did the ex-coach persisted with this overrated player and what possible benefit will he add to our team - one big fat zero? Most annoying was his name added to the back of my 2008 Grand Final t-shirt, as I felt he did nothing to share the same glory space as the other players. But hey, I guess it's not what you know, it's who you blow? There were many other odd selections and decisions, but we'll leave it as that because he's now regarded a genius in some circles.

Back to present day, Tooves will be derided by some fans (even from our own) because a couple of losses is a couple two many. They will join the anti-Manly media and opposition fans' chorus. This will add extra unnecessary pressure on the man who still has to overcome much difficulties, already.

On the WCC game, I'm disappointed but I'm not surprised. From the trial, we've had like 25 mins of match fitness for the top players and for many, was our first actual game for a few months, in hostile environment and weather.

On all account, apart from the early jitters and rustiness, I thought we faired pretty well. There were some patches that showed how good we can be. I'm satisfied with most of the selection of players with exception of poor Georgie. The Leeds players were fast and fit.

If it weren't for some players' handling errors, we were right in it and could have won. So all in all, I'm happy and Tooves still has my vote. So my message to fans is, if you wear maroon and white, I understand your passion, but please support your coach, club and players instead of helping the opposition tear us down.

Just remember, this would only make one person most happy - the person that has been telling everyone that we're the benchmark and that we should be the target of all teams, instead of "flying under the radar" as it used to be. He may be laughing at our loss right now, but personally, I don't wish to give him any satisfaction.

The truth is, I think we did okay. We have more challenges up ahead - 5 tough games away. We have to stick tight because I can guarantee we'll be copping more negative flack. We don't need it to come from within as well.

Go Manly!!!

---

I was happy with what I saw. A lot better than I expected to be honest. The intercept try decided the game. For the most part the defense was solid for a first game. We had a lot of snap and crackle in attack from anywhere outside their ten meter line.

First game of the year, at the other side of the world, at the oppositions home ground.I'm happy with our performance. If Leeds can maintain the standard of play they showed this morning they're a big chance of playing us again in WCC 2013.

How come the Poms are so broke nose ugly if even a light slap across the melon is penalised as a head high tackle. By the look of some of their mugs you'd think stiff arms were the go. :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4