Realistically what are our chances next week and for the finals?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I think we may beat the Bulldogs and will play the Tigers in the first finals game. That said with our injury's and suspensions i think we will be out in the first week.

I keep thinking if things will be better next year but we are lacking speed and our forwards are inconsistent on top of poor mental/physical fitness. Thoughts?

Manly is the only team in the top 8 that you would definitely say has NO chance of winning a premiership. I am amazed that we are still in the 8 after our up and down performances. Just put us out of our misery and tip us out next weekend. It would be a fitting way to end a ****house season. One of the worst I have seen from this club since the Sharpe N.E days.

We'll beat the dogs. Tonight was their big farewell to Noddy and the General, and a fairly gut-wrenching way to lose. I'd be surprised if they want to grind next week, they may try to throw it about instead.
As for our first final, I have no idea. We are capable of beating anyone, it will come down to who we play (and where), who is unavailable, who is playing injured, etc.
We just need to play s-m-a-r-t-e-r ... !!!

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Will we beat the bulldogs the way they played tonight.

They led 16 nil and scored 2 points in the second half. Thats 2 more than we usually manage.

They should call the game off at half time so the crowd dont all fall asleep while the lights are still on.

mickqld link said:
Manly is the only team in the top 8 that you would definitely say has NO chance of winning a premiership. I am amazed that we are still in the 8 after our up and down performances. Just put us out of our misery and tip us out next weekend. It would be a fitting way to end a s**thouse season. One of the worst I have seen from this club since the Sharpe N.E days.

Why dont you pick another team then nancy?
pull ur knickers up

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=184956.msg288896#msg288896 date=1283169671]
Will we beat the bulldogs the way they played tonight.

They led 16 nil and scored 2 points in the second half. Thats 2 more than we usually manage.

They should call the game off at half time so the crowd dont all fall asleep while the lights are still on.
[/quote]

If games were called off at half time we would be undisputed top of the table champions.

hard one Mick, if we scrape into the semis everyone will be reasonably happy, no big questions will be asked and we will keep saying about injuries etc but if we miss out, questions will be asked about the club from Lowe down. Looking at the playing roster in 2011 in the forwards is a big worry, we could be in big trouble, we need to lose 1 back and get another prop. 

Finishing in the 8, after the year we have had....means a successful year....let's face it guys, injuries / suspensions have robbed us of a heap of talent PLEASE give those who are still there some credit for at least getting us this far. After watching the Eagles since the mid 60's one thing you are not going to get.....is perfection EVERY YEAR!!

i think we will beat the dogs and play penrith at CUA as titans will roll tigers.

Penrith will smash us in front of home crowd and that doesnt worry me as are a wounded and demoralised team atm and we wont threaten anyway.

Tough year where nothing went right.I think we hung in reasonably well.

I am very worried next year though if brett stewart doesnt come up.Our forwards will be a year older and I cannot see how they can possibly be any better.No real signings.We need an aggressive hole runner like fifita badly.

All depends on brett and the confidence he generates if fit.

lets be honest
right now in 2010 we are like a turtle on its back - F##KED

Im sorry but i hope we lose this week and miss the finals, this season has been aweful too many injuries too many **** ups from officials it was just not meant to be for us.

Id rather it end sunday and we can start perparing for 2011.

Cambo link said:
lets be honest
right now in 2010 we are like a turtle on its back - F##KED

Im sorry but i hope we lose this week and miss the finals, this season has been aweful too many injuries too many f**k ups from officials it was just not meant to be for us.

Id rather it end sunday and we can start perparing for 2011.

I understand exactly how you feel. We are a team running on 3 cylinders now. However, if we give up and just want this year to be over, aren't we guilty of the same thing that we criticise our team for? That is giving up big leads and dropping our bundle when the going gets tough?

Thats not meant to be a criticism as I am thinking that way myself right at the moment.

However I will look forward to Sunday's game against the Bulldogs. Hopefully we'll jag a win, and be up against a team, possibly Wests or Penrith, that have many players with no recent finals experience, and may struggle under the pressure, especially as they would be expected to roll us comfortably.

Who knows what might happen after that?

But realistically, this just hasn't been our year.

Chances this week,probably about 50/50.I wouldn't be taking any stupid short odds about Manly.As far as the finals go,we have as much chance of winning the GF as I have of dating Elle Mcpherson-there's an extremely remote,miniscule chance it will happen,but not likely.I can understand some on here who say a loss this week allows us to start preps early for next year.On the other side of that,I don't think you could top a win at Brookie on a Sunday arvo to finish the year.The beers would be extra nice.

I am coming down from Brisbane (for the third time this year).....the first two were losses so I'd like at least one win please.

In all honesty last nights game was the big farewell for Kimmorley and co, so I'd be surprised if they wanted to bust their arses in what (for them) is a nothing game.

Maybe you should be barred Mark.

I will talk to them and see if we can get you refused entry.

The Jinx.

Every game from now on is a "must win".  The past is just that - Manly can beat other Teams easily if the Clusterf%@ck mentality is recaptured. 
Manly showed in the first half last week that they have the talent and desire, even with all the "walking wounded" to win.  The Referees are the ones that they let psyche them out, its a mug's game.

Against the Tigers they won with 12 men, now they need the same resolve. If T-Rex can amaze us with his much awaited/overdue rampage like he did on Sunday - Manly can do it in style :)

Also I believe that Stewart needs to be with his little Brother in September, its psychologically draining on the family I'm sure.

I for one will not give up on another Manly GF in 2010!  Under the Radar and an historic win from 7th place ;)

I flew over for the Broncos game then up to Titans game (both loses). Max Krilich told me I was the jinx for those games! Will be there on Sunday, hoping for a win! Had planned the trip to include a home semi.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6