Ready, aim! ..............

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Matabele is going to put is head on the block here (before his good mates sue ridgepipe and vegas return for the season proper.

I predict that King is going to do a Watmough this year. I wrote blue arsed off at the start of last year and he ended up with an Origin jumper. King may do the same this year.

I predict that King is going to have a stellar year, averging 50+ minutes per game and 100+ metres per game. His missed tackle rate will plummet as will the number of flops we saw from him last year.

Mark my words...........

Unless I am sadly mistaken this is a positive thread/comment. I must be on the wrong site!, and all this from the Prince of Darkness.

I am impressed.

I hope you are correct.

If you are correct you will be writing the whole squad off next off season.

I hope you are right because I think that next year is make or break for King.

The club will have him training well over the offseason so there can be no excuses next year about his legs being too small for his body (or vica versa) and he will be over any injuries he sustained this year.

If he he can stay injury free then he must finally perform up to expecations next year. He cannot have another year as bad as last year and there can be no more excuses. It is as simple as that.

He is highly paid and is one of our most experienced props. He must lead by example next year if Manly are to make the semi's.

It should happen we all know he can play, he has had a few games over the last 2 years to show that he "can" be a class player.

Surely he cant carry injuries which hamper his abilities 3 years in a row.

I recall some sharp (not peter) comments from Matabele about J. King's performances back in the days of OEE.

In reply I posted a volley of opposing views supporting a positive outlook on King.

Here we have Matabeles sunny outlook, while in contrast I remain decidely gloomy on the subject. And in fact I would not have King in the starting 17 until he finds the steel to force his way in.

Are the planets in alignment ? Are Matabele's crystal balls fractured ? Are Jatz's knackers too pessimistic for one full rotation around the sun ?

Who knows. But Matabele. I am really hoping your forecast is spot on and you win the title of CEO of astrology.

Seriously, the best news in this off-season was the retirement of Monasgate. If King fires aswell, the stratosphere is the limit for this team this year.

BTW.....proud of u Mata.

:dance:

i really have to agree with you matabele ,with all reasoning his last 2 years have been pathetic ..there is no way any club in the nrl would have kept him on their roster..i do however have faith in our coaching staff ,facilities & trainers ,they obviously see good reason for keeping him on . injuries aside ,they see something there still ,lets hope you are 100% right & he has a blinder of a season..
your optimistic view on this subject is a eye opener !!,although with all the baggings dished out on king in the last 2 seasons(rightfully deserving though),i think optimism is the only way we can look at king,its all we have left ..i honestly believe he will have a better year this season ,as theres no hope in hell he could play worse......

ha ha very clever matas....

read the post through guys!

he bagged watmough last year who had a good season...he praises this player.....hmmm opposites

Seriously Dan - I think robbiea sums it up well.

If the coaching staff have confidence in the man then we should be giving him the benefit of the doubt going into 2006.

If he misfires this year then it does make you wonder about our coaching personnel.

Basically, if he does misfire then we're stuffed as I can't see too many other go-forward men. If that is the case then our opinion on the coaching staff will be redundant methinks.

It should happen we all know he can play, he has had a few games over the last 2 years to show that he \"can\" be a class player.

Surely he cant carry injuries which hamper his abilities 3 years in a row.

Sadly though Byso, it does happen. And alot of good players careers fall short because of it. Footy is a hard job and only a few do really well out of it.

Agreed...
I suppose there is no use crying over spilt milk but his performance's over the past couple of years have been less than impressive- whether it be because of injury or snowed under with his business studies course (which is now finished).
Obviously the coaching staff at Manly see a fair degree of potential in King and as much as we all like to take the expert stance on things, I'd say 99 times out of 100 they would probably have it over us.
Having said all that, this is make or break year for King whatever way you look at it. Potential or not Manly aren't going to put up with another inept year like King's 2005 season and so it was a good call on Mata's behalf.
King will either perform and live up to all the potential he obviously must have or he will sink like a prop at Freshie with a concrete board!

I agree with Matabele. I remember in 04, King came back after a long term foot injury, and looked fast, mobile, and most importantly - damaging. That ONE game showed me what he could do. Sadly, he again injured himself in that game.

Put it this way - we all know how well Crusher can spot talent (we saw that when he was at Parramatta). If Crusher, Des and co. let Harris (who I thought was a darned good player), Heckenberg who was a solid 1st grader instead of King, who was ALSO selected for rep footy last year, there must be something about him.

Remember - Orford said that he thinks King would be a good LEADER or captain. He must see something in the guy as well.

It WOULD be great for another Manly junior to make it in the big time, because if Beaver retires in 07, we only have Watmough left with King.

I think it is imperative for the team he does step up, we will only be contender for the Top 6 if he or another prop or 2 are able to dominate the opposition to give Orford, Stewy & co the room to move.

I think he has the ability it is a matter of getting the body & mind right.

It WOULD be great for another Manly junior to make it in the big time, because if Beaver retires in 07, we only have Watmough left with King.

Plenty of Manly juniors playing for the Brumbies and Waratahs.

It disappointing we have lost players to such a ****ty game.
I can only think of two players (in my time) who have switched from union to league that I've rated -both are kiwis and both played for us!

It disappointing we have lost players to such a ****ty game.
I can only think of two players (in my time) who have switched from union to league that I've rated -both are kiwis and both played for us!

what about Garrick Morgan PJ? what a star he was :blaugh:

Anyone remember the Wallaby prop that switced and went to Penrith - Tony Darcy I think was his name (could be wrong though). He was outstanding.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4