Re: 8 point try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
I was at the game today but I didn't catch the reason for their 8 point try. Can anyone shed some light on it for me?

It should have been a 0 point try

Matai was 1m away from the pill FFS !!! Am still ropable about that and is when I threw the towel in today

seriously seriously fuming over this deciscion again like the gasnier call it ruined our game from that point ,momentum was with them after tat really really piss poor call

That wa a joke and totally turned the game.

Matai had a play at that ball - he catches it, its a knock on. He's tackled behind the line (i.e. he hadn't over run it as a decoy). That's a penatly everyday of the week.

First I cannot understand how Matai was not ruled to have been taken out but then to gove them an 8 point try based on Lyons action.  Its not like we see the same thing happen a few times every week as a player scores a try.  Disgraceful. 

I was at the game right in line with Matai, it's bull**** it was ruled an 8 point try should of been a penalty in their 10m line to manly.....

The sooner Robert Finch is ****ed off the better it's a disgrace, and how the hit on Kite was not an entire game send off is beyond me as welll.

The funniest part of that decision was when we got penalised later on in the 2nd half for taking a player out

Shane link said:
we showed no heart after that shocker

That is something I can't agree with

No heart wouldn't have had injured blokes like King, Kite and Watmough still getting stuck in while injured

Outgunned and outplayed, yes, but no heart, can't go along with it

If I wasn't currently loaded up on turps I'd have an outburst in this thread.

Matai wouldv'e caught that like myself at 2nd slip (think Mark Waugh x2). Clearly tackled without it. Ridiculous.

Momentum is crucial in today's game, and it was gifted to Roosters at just the right time's.

Thought we tried, and with all the poor officiating and injuries we didn't stand a chance. Good fight.

For Manly to win comp's we need to be 20x better than the opposition, as 2008 showed. We'll never get a fair share from ref's.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It should have been a 0 point try

Matai was 1m away from the pill FFS !!! Am still ropable about that and is when I threw the towel in today

Agreed.  I basically said the same thing in the game day thread. It was the final thing that changed the whole momentum of the game. How can you expect to win a game when the idiots in pink keep making ridiculous decisions.

Just watched that bit again, Lyon was gold, Archer was a karnt

Lyon "Matai was taken out"
Archer "No he wasn't"
Lyon "How did he get on the ground then ?"
Archer "The decision is made"

at which point Jamie wanders off

I was just glad Billy Harrigan wasn't in the video ref box when they went upstairs for that one where the Roosters were 1m short of the line...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4