Rd19 Knights v Sea Eagles teams & chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
TC

my "point" is that you are an obsessive compulsive technocrat who confuses everyone including yourself with rambling analysis.we have won 10 from 11 games now and were in a different league to the team we played today.

give your medication a miss for a few weeks and sit back and enjoy it.i know I am.

No point beating 10 from 11 and performing like the 2007 G/F where we had no chance---there is a benchmark (best defensive structured team i have ever seen)and i want Manly to assemble the artillery and attacking structures to dismantle it(I hate the Dragons more than any other team)

If your happy to look back at our record and just enjoy the ride so be it(where all different and i don't put down people who enjoy the present) i enjoy seeing the improvements even if we lose the odd game looking at the bigger picture----just like 2008.

Technical Coach said:
susan said:
im going to run off and change my tip now....I can't believe I missed the lead runner point........

Your point being

Newcastles performance was up there with the worst i've seen this year from any squad---yes we had plenty in the tank and in 2nd gear but our go forward was again lacking. There are games and times in the year where you just do enough or the intensity slips its impossible to be up for every game.

This win was more about Newcastles poor form than Manly playing within themselves and still winning but its still impressive to see a win while playing in this manner.

I stated many times our attack is not up to par well before the Dragons game even though our stats suggested otherwise and was basically called a fool----conversely i loved our go forward against the Bulldogs and parts of the Cowboys game so i will compliment where i see its warranted.

Our attack is not evolving enough to threat the Dragons at the moment but i do see some small positive signs with G.Stewart not playing as deep and a few re-works of the inside ball around the ruck but a lot more needs to be done.

Tech coach, i'm quite happy to see Manly coast away at the moment. You don't want them playing at the max every week against these easybeats. They have to stay healthy and build up slowly to the finals.

Better they coast now considering they face the Storm and the Broncos in the final two games. They will have plenty of match intensity to build them up for the finals then.

I think you will see Manly up the intensity around Round 23 in prep for those final two rounds. Then, rather than be worn out after playing to the max all year, instead they will be building up the finals with some tough games against the same quality opposition.

I liked to see what Hasler did today in sitting Watmough. He could have easily played, but why bother when it is 22-0 at halftime. He's had a nice rest now after origin and is right in the mix fitness-wise.

The team will be roaring on all cylinders into the finals.

I'm not concerned about the intensity in relation to the bigger picture---your always going to hit flat spots or do just enough that's human nature in any form of sport or work its more just a present looking observation of the teams performance.

My concern is falling back into bad go forward habits and not developing our attacking game enough---still plenty of time and you don't want to expose all your cards on the table yet but as a perfectionist i would like to see more signs that's all.

CussCuss said:
No way, thats some of the best footy ive seen this year, we smashed them 32-0 at will. That was top level footy that could have been stepped up several notch's if they wanted. Parra at brookvale was s**t football if you want an example, this was massively above that.

There is a vast difference between the first 5 or 6 teams.

Newcastle when they have a full compliment can challenge for a top eight position but they need to be at full strength and at their best. Tonight they weren't & we had an easy game.

Both their try's were no try's. They were a fodder for us tonight & we didn't have to try hard.

Happy days.
:)

I here what TC is saying and agree.

Two points.

1 There is no point playing your best footy in July and August, September and October are the only months that matter. The rest of the season is all about putting yourself in a position to make that charge in Sept/Oct.

2 One team will be very disappointed not to make the Grand Final, only two from Manly, Storm or Dragons can make it. There are no other contenders, not even the Bronco's. Don't let it be Manly.

susan said:
TC

my "point" is that you are an obsessive compulsive technocrat who confuses everyone including yourself with rambling analysis.we have won 10 from 11 games now and were in a different league to the team we played today.

give your medication a miss for a few weeks and sit back and enjoy it.i know I am.

Are you suggesting that my medication is actually the cause of my obsessive compulsive nature----i find this very interesting indeed "a drug prescribed to induce an obsessive compulsive mentality" now who is making the rambling analysis.

Ok i admit i'm a Mid 30's frustrated "Mr Potential" who never made it and still in denial-----i'll swap my obsessive compulsive analysis when you address your obvious issues that accompany women in their 40's.(and i'm not talking anything sexual---you work it out)

TC, the dogs forwads were the worst we have faced this season, softer than george rose's belly.

yet you dribble about that game.

PM Ryan, at least every second wek you will get some good meds

Fluffy said:
TC, the dogs forwads were the worst we have faced this season, softer than george rose's belly.

yet you dribble about that game.

PM Ryan, at least every second wek you will get some good meds

It was the straighter go forward lines and the line speed in defence i'm observing and complimenting not just what the Bulldogs had on offer. No team would have defeated us on that day other than if our attack was up against the Dragons.

Final Score

Manly: 32
Referees: 10
Newcastle: 0

Fluffy said:
they made us look good, we were waking and making 60m+ a set

The point is the old go forward would not have taken advantage of the easy yardage available just like our attack does not always take advantage of opportunities that present themselves.

Having good structures and straighter lines in go forward and attack plus clinical sharpness around the ruck makes taking advantage of the oppositions weaknesses easier that's the point.

Many games Manly get caught into the grind unnecessarily and its overly complimented.

Several people here keep banging on about the Steelers but I am telling you right now they wont be able to handle The Storm or Manly in the semis. Their bull**** boring mechanical type plays aren't going to work against the attack that Manly and The Storm will throw at them. This is 2007/2008 all over again mark my words. Forget the Steelers its The Storm we will have to beat to win this.

TC.... I'm with you to the extent I'd like to see them be more clinical against particularly the weaker sides but really, there are other positives to take out of the game as well.

They won, by 22 pts, Rodney's back, Brett is getting fitter, DCE has another game under his belt, etc.....

Wins like today's just keep them rolling along, it's the last two rounds before the finals that matter. By that stage they'll really need to play well to set up their finals run. So far so good.

Agree Daddy----i'm like everyone else and enjoy a win no matter what form it comes in---in the end its basically luck with injuries at the end of the season that really matters most combined with some decent form running into the semi's.

Too many teams and a lack of quality depth in each squad has too much of a bearing in Rugby League premierships these days.

sorry to go off-topic, but i didn't want to start a new thread....

Is there anywhere online i can watch a replay of today's game ??

I was there, but mildly under the weather. I would like to re-live the game, minus the brain fog

ta

mickqld said:
Several people here keep banging on about the Steelers but I am telling you right now they wont be able to handle The Storm or Manly in the semis. Their bull**** boring mechanical type plays aren't going to work against the attack that Manly and The Storm will throw at them. This is 2007/2008 all over again mark my words. Forget the Steelers its The Storm we will have to beat to win this.

Heard that last year about the same time Mick.They are better than last year IMO and clearly the team to beat.Toyed with a supposedly reborn sharks side tonight minus Hornby and beat us comfortably without him also.If not belted by injuries they are justified favourites and in my view will go back to back in reasonable comfort.Please don't take this as me liking the filthy red v's.I despise them and bennet even more -just stating the obvious-they are the team to beat.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2