Rd19 Knights v Sea Eagles teams & chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
The Adjudicator says: "You could tell Adam McDougall knew this game was coming up when he went through the paces against the Cowboys. It was back in 1997 when Mad Dog sunk his boot into Geoff Toovey's face to create the second-most iconic image on the grand final afternoon. After Bald Dog came up with a stellar knee to the chest of Willie Tonga on Monday night, it was clear he was rehearsing some new moves to mark the coming rivalry clash. The Knights got the chocolates back in that famous grand final - but only after the Sea Eagles pumped them three times during the season. The latter would appear the more likely case of history repeating."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "At this stage I'll need some convincing that the Eagles will get beaten. But I am also open to odds-on the Sea Eagles mascot and Mad Dog going toe to toe."

Knights: 1. Wes Naiqama 2. James McManus 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Keith Lulia 5. Akuila Uate 6. Ryan Stig 7. Jarrod Mullen (c) 8. Richie Fa'aoso 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Evarn Tuimavave 11. Chris Houston 12. Neville Costigan 13. Joel Edwards
Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Antonio Kaufusi 16. Cameron Ciraldo 17. Dan Tolar 18. Mark Taufua 19. Steve Southern 20. Adam MacDougall

I doubt they would start with Stig, though he is good in attack. He was a turnstile last night.

Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Vic Mauro 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Shane Rodney 17. George Rose 18. Tim Robinson 19. Darcy Lussick

Yep

Barring any injuries against the Knights, T-Rex for Mauro and Hoppa for Wolfie against the Panthers!

Good times ahead!

With The Stig I think he's like Freddy, you know that lethal side step is coming but there isn't a lot you can do to defend it

I hope when T-Rex gets back he plays with the form he had in the weeks leading up to his injury. I'd hate for him to take a backwards step.

eagles2win said:
With The Stig I think he's like Freddy, you know that lethal side step is coming but there isn't a lot you can do to defend it
Stig has a great step but 1 major difference with Fittler was his strength & balance- he maintained top speed when he met the defence & if stopped often had that arm free to offload. Agree tho that Manlys defence will be tested with any lazy inside defenders by the step.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Vic Mauro 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Shane Rodney 17. George Rose 18. Tim Robinson 19. Darcy Lussick

I'm probably wrong,but I was under the impression that Matai received a two match suspension from the dragons game, if so , how come he's listed to play.

Peter C said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I'm probably wrong,but I was under the impression that Matai received a two match suspension from the dragons game, if so , how come he's listed to play.

Nope he took the early plea so it's only 1 week suspension. If he fought it and lost, he would've missed this week too. He's fine to play this weekend..

Geez Des is gonna have a headache soon.. Wolfie's coming back into form (IMO) and Robbo is too reliable to drop.. but we need Hoppa there..

Despite having no Trex and most likely no Hoppa this week, its a really good lineup, looks like a 2012 lineup to me. But I'm very worried about the Knight's line up, its very strong and is likely to trash us, why? No Kurt Gidley the over-rated!!!

Real danger game.
We always struggle in Newy.

They were good enough to beat the Cows twice on Monday, they just dropped too much ball. Stoney will be ripping them a new one during the week.

This is going to be a test & I'm tipping the Knights. Only for this game though. I trust Des will have the boys peaked at the finals. Newcastle wont want to lose two in a row at home when they can really claim their spot as number 6. We're already top 5, no pressure on us.

There can be no excuses this week. The Druggos will be without their best player as well as Zeb Taia and we will be all but full strength. If we don't win this one then serious questions about our campaign will be asked.

Remember Nth Qld with no Thurston, Tate and for most of the game no Tonga have just beaten them at Newcastle. Add to that the fact that they will have a shorter turnaround and it is even more in our favour.

No excuses boys, this is a must win game if we are serious contenders.

Very true its a danger game and we do have a poor record up there, however EELcatcher I am pretty sure they won't "trash" us!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2