RATE our props .. have your say .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
My opinion is ..

#1 .. Paseka .. late last year showed glimpses of the beast he will be .. and ready to take the mantle as our premier prop .. surprised me with his adjustment to the quicker game with his athleticism ... will continue his slow burn rise ..

#2 .. Aloiai .. Some say he had a breakout year last year ... will add some aggression and intent ... doesn't mind giving himself a rap .. but I suspect he will back it up ..

#3 .. Kapow .... should be our #1 .. but as long as he seems to play for team Marty before team Manly won't be .. if he suddenly gets the pack attitude could be awesome .. until then will do enough to be our number 3 ?

#4 .. Keppie ... holds this position at the moment, but lost his way last year with the quicker game. certainly has the attitude and ability ... important year in the young mans career ...

#5 ... Boyle .. A tradesman .. goes okay .. don't know how big his upside is ... but I guess we need some $150k props on the bench ..

#6 .. Sipley .. The missing man .. Tof who? .. some have raps on him .. I don't know ... hopefully he will impress in reggies and prove his supporters correct ..

#7 ... Saddler ... still a development squad player so has time in the reggies ... a young man on a mission and looks certain to force his way up this ladder .... a rough diamond ...

#'s 8 & 9 ... Fainu and Tuitavake ... both still development players and unless they show brilliance in reggies don't expect
them to feature his year .

PSS ... and I am just praying that Dessie sees Guacamole as a back rower and not a prop ...

Nice post Woodsie - Everyone is always banging on about the "Spine" and I guess its due to the fact the "Star" players usually play in the 1, 6,7 or 9....but don't think for 1 moment these blokes can shine without the go forward of the big men up front who lay the platform...
I reckon its a case of Kapow, Paseka and Aloiai leading the charge up front, with Keppie next in line and then Sip and Saddler to try impress the bosses for a gig at some stage.
There's a great combination I am excited about with the Main 3.....they all bring different attributes with Aloiai a fierce competitor who rolls up the sleeves and plays hard at 100mph no nonsense...Kapow who is up with the strongest in the game who can offload (just hope his first intent is to run through them and play footy off the back, as noticed he and AFB often slowed down at the line thinking offload before run in 2020) and Paseks, who is a Potential Monster who started adding much needed aggro in 2020 and has great speed and Power for a man this size, could be the X factor up front in 2021 imo.

Id like to see paseka in the leadership group. He seems to tise when he had more responsibility
Marty seems like a storm player. This is your role. Do this , worry about you but i like him and his ability to adapt from his overly aggressive penalty machine to a no nonsence prop. Reminds me of steve price but with more skill and punch. If paseka is up to it i would bench marty because of his skill
aloili. I like what ive read. A tough nut. We need it and a walk up start . My goal is to spell his name right by seasons end. Until then i refer to him as dipping sauce
Keppie needs to have a good year. A better defender than metre maker
Boyle just seems on the outer. Not sure why he was signed for so long but is a very handy back up

I'm not sold on Lance.
Keppie was disappointing last season after impressive the previous season,
Sippers is the forgotten man. I still don't know why he didn't get a chance last season.
Kapow is obviously past his best, but he's coming down from a high bar.
I have never concentrated on Al so I''ll reserve my judgement until he is in maroon-and-white.
Tenterfield is a firebrand and should have been playing in the 1970s, as with today's touch footy rules he will probably get penalised out of the game.
Guaca is very impressive but I too hope he is selected as a second rower.

My opinion is ..

#1 .. Paseka .. late last year showed glimpses of the beast he will be .. and ready to take the mantle as our premier prop .. surprised me with his adjustment to the quicker game with his athleticism ... will continue his slow burn rise ..

#2 .. Aloiai .. Some say he had a breakout year last year ... will add some aggression and intent ... doesn't mind giving himself a rap .. but I suspect he will back it up ..

#3 .. Kapow .... should be our #1 .. but as long as he seems to play for team Marty before team Manly won't be .. if he suddenly gets the pack attitude could be awesome .. until then will do enough to be our number 3 ?

#4 .. Keppie ... holds this position at the moment, but lost his way last year with the quicker game. certainly has the attitude and ability ... important year in the young mans career ...

#5 ... Boyle .. A tradesman .. goes okay .. don't know how big his upside is ... but I guess we need some $150k props on the bench ..

#6 .. Sipley .. The missing man .. Tof who? .. some have raps on him .. I don't know ... hopefully he will impress in reggies and prove his supporters correct ..

#7 ... Saddler ... still a development squad player so has time in the reggies ... a young man on a mission and looks certain to force his way up this ladder .... a rough diamond ...

#'s 8 & 9 ... Fainu and Tuitavake ... both still development players and unless they show brilliance in reggies don't expect

PSS ... and I am just praying that Dessie sees Guacamole as a back rower and not a prop ...
What you said Woodsie

Add having the worst short kicking game in the comp. Only a handful of tries from kicks all year.
We reflected the year of Covid. Pretty **** all round.

The Pack we have is more than capable of matching it with other teams .Hoping Aloiai brings the aggression that was lacking , Get that siege mentality like the premiership sides of the past had

We have sufficient cattle. However the culture and attitude of those bulls needs to have gone up and improved a number of levels from last year just to compete with the top sides.

Last year our starting props were very good.

It was in the 2nd third when AFB and Marty went to the bench that our opposition got on top and overtook any gain we may have made.

Also, Jake became predictable in attack (no question about his defence), and started to look like Gallen; all heart, little result.

Therefore, we should start Jake at prop (he can play at least 60 mins all up). This would extend his experience into that middle period, leading which ever prop came off the bench.

We have enough backrowers to take his position, maybe even another playmaker in Schuster if he can bulk up a bit. Even that's not mandatory when you think that Des played lock at about the same weight.

My opinion is ..

Great effort Woodsie

AFB was the most destructive prop in the game last Season and how much we miss him depends on how much our Big Boys step up

Marty at 31 years of age should be at the prime of his career .I believe we can get a bit more power up front from Marty .Des need to get a bit more out of his huge pecs and biceps.
In 2021 Marty needs to be more than just the best looking prop in the game
He needs to become what he is capable of once more . The best performance prop in the game .

I like the eye of the Tiger and aggression and intimidation of Aloiai
I hope he can rub off some of his aggression and Intimidation on the rest

Paseka and Keppie have Potential but they need to be more consistent and deliver every game and not every 3rd and 4th game .

Saddler has all the characteristics to be one of our Manly Greats and I though he was great in that rep game and would not look out of place in our top team .

Last edited:
Great effort Woodsie

AFB was the most destructive prop in the game last Season and how much we miss him depends on how our Big Boys step up

Marty at 31 years of age should be at the prime of his career .I believe we can get a bit more power up front from Marty .Des need to get a bit more out of his huge pecs and biceps.
In 2021 Marty needs to be more than just the best looking prop in the game
H

I like the eye of the Tiger in our pack Aloiai
Afb will be missed. He wasn't at his best last season and i dont think we have filled thagap

Afb will be missed. He wasn't at his best last season and i dont think we have filled thagap
Let us put things in perspective feathered friend ....

Our Legendary club has a proud history of filling in the gaps by great players like
The Snake , The Wombat , Cliffy , Beaver , Lyon etc etc

No one is greater or Bigger than our Legendary club

Not even the greatest of them all. The one and only Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2