Rate Manly 2022 - Be hard - be honest !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I am breaking down a few area's that add up to Success....so give me your honest ratings out of 10 for 2022 !! :wait:

Coaching
Fitness
Forwards
Spine
Backs
Future possibilities

I'll go first and remember, there is no right or wrong - simply opinion....

COACHING - 5/10 - Again a tough gig with many key players out, but often looked flat and disinterested and feel more "youngsters" to add zest and "risk" improvement.....had a few good wins, but lacked cohesion and desire.

FITNESS - 3/10 - Seemed to really run out of gas and get run down late in games, combined with lacking killer instinct and not having leadership to go on with it in Winning positions.

FORWARDS - 4/10 - Aloiai and Olakautu had strong periods and Croker definitely improved, but overall lacked aggression, energy and pretty much looked slower than the opposition in most games.
Argably the softest middle in the NRL and let teams run rampant.
Jake solid as usual, nothing more - nothing less.

SPINE - 6/10 - NO Tom....again.....so always gunna be tough
Without Foran may have been a 4/10, he got the team playing direct and defensively was solid.
DCE had some great individual moments, but lacked the leadership/direction expected of a half of such experience.
Thought Garrick was absolutely Super on 1 leg playing plenty at fullback and maybe my favourite Manly player in 2022, raw guts and desire and if his team all had such a gutsy attitude, would have easily played finals footy.
Croker was strong, but offers little spring from dummy half and this is a MUST in todays game, though with Tom T back and Schu fit, could add punch to help cover this area....

BACKS - 5/10 - Again Garrick was great and I feel deserves more credit than he got this season, close to the most improved player in the NRL and his mistakes are all but gone.
Koula also great in a tough debut season, kid will shine big time, when we are Full strength.
Harps was ok, but still fell short of what is needed.
Other winger/s done ok, but fell below par also.

FUTURE POSSIBILIES - 7/10 - Weekes is a faster version of Nicho Hynes and could be up with the better utility players around, very versatile, quick and can create opportunities.
Fulton - was Super impressed with his energy more than anything and that is an area that needs help before the other issues can be resolved....I like this kid and expect to see more of him.
Latu Fainu - This kid has every attribute you would want in a footy player and does not play by a textbook making him extra dangerous, no doubt will be hearing more soon, very excited about what this kid will add to the side for many years.

I am breaking down a few area's that add up to Success....so give me your honest ratings out of 10 for 2022 !! :wait:

Coaching
Fitness
Forwards
Spine
Backs
Future possibilities

COACHING - 5/10 - Again a tough gig with many key players out, but often looked flat and disinterested and feel more "youngsters" to add zest and "risk" improvement.....had a few good wins, but lacked cohesion and desire.

FITNESS - 3/10 - Seemed to really run out of gas and get run down late in games, combined with lacking killer instinct and not having leadership to go on with it in Winning positions.

FORWARDS - 4/10 - Aloiai and Olakautu had strong periods and Croker definitely improved, but overall lacked aggression, energy and pretty much looked slower than the opposition in most games.

Without Foran may have been a 4/10, he got the team playing direct and defensively was solid.
DCE had some great individual moments, but lacked the leadership/direction expected of a half of such experience.
Thought Garrick was absolutely Super on 1 leg playing plenty at fullback and maybe my favourite Manly player in 2022, raw guts and desire and if his team all had such a gutsy attitude, would have easily played finals footy.
Croker was strong, but offers little spring from dummy half and this is a MUST in todays game, though with Tom T back and Schu fit, could add punch to help cover this area....

BACKS - 5/10 - Again Garrick was great and I feel deserves more credit than he got this season, close to the most improved player in the NRL and his mistakes are all but gone.
Koula also great in a tough debut season, kid will shine big time, when we are Full strength.

FUTURE POSSIBILIES - 7/10 - Weekes is a faster version of Nicho Hynes and could be up with the better utility players around, very versatile, quick and can create opportunities.
Fulton - was Super impressed with his energy more than anything and that is an area that needs help before the other issues can be resolved....I like this kid and expect to see more of him.
Latu Fainu - This kid has every attribute you would want in a footy player and does not play by a textbook making him extra dangerous, no doubt will be hearing more soon, very excited about what this kid will add to the side for many years.
Summed it up well feathered friend

I am breaking down a few area's that add up to Success...
I agree with your assessment. We fell down in many areas, and only had handful of good performances.

Hopefully, things will improve with appropriate changes in management, coaching, fitness & recruiting.

To all the Manly hierarchy reading this

The Whinging will only stop when the Winning starts

So pull your finger out !

Coaching
Fitness
Forwards
Spine
Backs
Future possibilities

****ier
****ing ****
Just ****ed
****ing awful

The future

Looking even more ****ed than 2022, if that’s possible.

I thought when we had a decent team on the field ( not half a team busted with injury) we were competitive. Pride gate really hurt. In saying this even if we did not have the jersey scandal and all the injuries we would have made the 8 but would have been knocked out of the finals in the first week also. So yes not good enough! But definitely not a train wreck imo…

Coaching 5/10
Fitness 2/10
Forwards 2/10
Spine 6-7/10
Backs 5/10

Need a Tapine esque front rower and some more depth and i think we’d see a dramatic change

But both wont happen so in some trouble

Coaching
Fitness
Forwards
Spine
Backs
Future possibilities

Coaching and fitness in the negative,,, Des lacked energy and ideas. Too loyal to non performers

Yep and heart will carry a team a long way in weak competition, and this is a very weak competition.

Even the Eels, Cowboys and Sharks had good season with their average rosters. They showed heart often when it was needed, Manly capitulated almost every time it got tough.
Most times really , as soon as it got even harder they just folded!!

We were often gone after 15 minutes.

Weak as piss!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4