Random thoughts...

Cleary played ordinary for the first 60 minutes really, but a player does not suddenly go from red hot to dog s**t overnight....more to do with the shut down time, as Storm controlled the tempo and were in his face and adding extra contacts also, to let him know it was going to be a long day at the office, which worked and personally don't mind seeing the playmakers getting bustled a bit, just the Storm sicken me a little is the negative part of it.
The way the nRL have made the game so fast and almost a hybrid of tackle and touch footy maybe exciting at times, but takes out a major part of the game I grew up with and loved from the 80's....bigger hits, copybook bootlace tackles and you could have a low scoring game that had you on the end of your seat...also there was more spontanious play rather than the structured set plays that are mostly pre-meditated, rather than playing eyes up footy....this in a sense, teaches our kids to play like robots rather than use their natural abilities which is sad and lacks the unexpected brilliance that lights up a stadium.
I agree I’m part re Cleary. I still thought he choked on the big stage again. And let’s be honest it’s not the first time when we think back to Origin. He still needs to prove himself in big games imo.

junior footy development is interesting. I have 10 and 7yr old boys who play. 7yr olds is still just one out runs and next to no passing other than from the bib players. My tenyr old plays first receiver (yellow bib) so essentially the 7. Positions form at this age. The general messaging to the 7 is catch and pass. We have a good coach who teaches my boy to play what he sees and focus initially on a broad game plan of forward runs for 3 and then send it wide when players are sucked in to the middle. Junior footy does look quite robotic tho.

Mmm not sure I agree. Clearly had plenty of time...it was Melbourne's scramble on the edges that frustrated him into long looping passed. Kikau was also guilty of trying to force the issue.

Part of his role is to out think the opposition and come up with something to combat the Storm's approach. He showed his inexperience...as did many of his teammates. I think he is culpable for aspects of the result. Doesn't mean he isn't or won't be a decent 7 but he played a poor game that was part of his own doing.
No doubt he played ordinary and more to the point, Storm deserve credit for executing the game plan to unravel him and take advantage of the extra latitude of GF day.
Still zero doubt his time was shortened extremely in comparison to club games, where he could be far more desisive, which does include as you state the edge rush, which clearly effects the decisions he would usually make in attack....and along with many Panthers the execution suffered on the back of this along with not handling the big stage on the most important day.
As an armchair critic, the thing that did suprise a bit was with the Storm coming up and in early, I expected a few early kicks behind the outside backs to create some confusion and perhaps even a few tryscoring opportunities.
Definately did not adapt in attack to what the Storm threw at them defensively.

With 5 minutes left on the grand final clock. The composure by olam at centre to put a little grubber into the ingoal is just a thing of beauty.

Interesting Storm centre can do what Manlys halves can not.

With 5 minutes left on the grand final clock. The composure by olam at centre to put a little grubber into the ingoal is just a thing of beauty.

Interesting Storm centre can do what Manlys halves can not.

And that repeat set came after Cleary failed to find touch with the penalty kick. Those two sets to the Storm killed Penrith's chances as they just lost too much time off the clock.

Random thought
I always wondered who has the sexiest Cheerleaders . American Football or Rugby ?
To me they are all Gorgeous , Delightfully Delicious !!!

Some polished Polish ones as well
They are every where and just like beautiful butterflies they decorate the sports fields

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2