Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

What was dumber than a lot of our game tonight was the decision to leave Turbo out. I am still fuming over that decision. Is the club lying to the fans about the seriousness of his health, or was it some ridiculous psychological thing to show the boys can win without him. I'm flabbergasted.
Yes

We are a shadow of a team without Tom
Disappointing game even though we won
Suli was good in attack, him and Funa a worry in D
Much better 2nd half, Chez MOM
By a nose
Tom back , resume transmission
Im exhausted!!

I thought we actually looked much better and gained good ascendency when Lawton was on in the second. I was so disappointed to see Walker come on in the first ahead of him again.

I don’t know who posted tapau as having a good game above but I couldn’t agree less. He is past it. I can’t wait till we get rid of him. He’s running sideways. Jogging into the line. Just trying to fend rather than run hard. He’s a liability. Paseka, sipley and aloia are WAY better. See you Marty. Thanks for the memories.

Watching before the game Foz was pumping Suli for a big support game. It worked often but when it didn't win the game Foran stepped up and injected himself. Credit to his contribution tonight.

Very frustrating that it took 3 times over sideline until the team realised they we’re going wide too early, before dominating the middle!! Exactly the same problem in the 1st raider game and knights.

Much better second half. Bashathon in the middle and cherry + foran took control. Nice work from Lawton too.

Spewing that Funa and Garrick couldn’t finish that awesome break.

He will be in hot water, the NRL has banned players for writing swear words on their wrist tape. He clearly had “Jesus” written on it. Poor form we don’t want to see curse words in full view.
He needs a bit of Jesus to inspire him because he ain’t got that much!

I don’t know who posted tapau as having a good game above but I couldn’t agree less. He is past it. I can’t wait till we get rid of him. He’s running sideways. Jogging into the line. Just trying to fend rather than run hard. He’s a liability. Paseka, sipley and aloia are WAY better. See you Marty. Thanks for the memories.
Still ground out 150 metres, what more do you want?

Only listened to the game, and it sounded like a great comeback win.

Just what the team needs - coming back from a 0-half to strike back bang-bang-bang and retake the lead.

The re-watch might shed some light on the discontent others are posting here (refs, individual performances) - but i'm happy that we were tested. 19-18 at this time of year teaches more about yourselves than 56-10 does any day of the week.

And that lesson isn't confined to 'Add Turbo for Instant-Win-sauce'.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. I much prefer that sort of game rather than the razzle dazzle Vlandys ball that is dominating these days. I thought the refs use of the 6 again was good for a change.

We looked clunky, especially when Croker took too many steps or Marty drifted across field.
Croker a couple of times left DCE under pressure in that first half to many steps ,pass off the ground

I thought we actually looked much better and gained good ascendency when Lawton was on in the second. I was so disappointed to see Walker come on in the first ahead of him again.
I am disappointed about that every week. Walker did play well tonight but Lawton seems to lift us most times he has played. He would have been worth a shot at centre with Suli on the wing tonight. He is a good footballer, and has the skill set to play in that position. We didn't need to play Funa.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8