Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Bit hard not to be negative watching that first half, after the fluency of last week watching that sh!t was almost impossible, tbh they didn't deserve to win that and it exemplifies the fact that without Turbo we are a rabble, even when we had it won we did our best give it back to them, an almost embarrassing win imo
Bull**** Raiders turned up with good line defence in the first half,we had a basic game plan nothing like the previous week's and we got the points , we can't win by 50 every week

Bit hard not to be negative watching that first half, after the fluency of last week watching that sh!t was almost impossible, tbh they didn't deserve to win that and it exemplifies the fact that without Turbo we are a rabble, even when we had it won we did our best give it back to them, an almost embarrassing win imo
Yes the first half was absolute garbage. Our error count was embarassing. We lacked intent. etc etc etc
The second half was ok. I thought overall we played pretty well. Some players really stood out Suli, Guacamole, Walker, Lawton et al
The Raiders looked very tired at the end of the first half. Based on that, and the hope that we would reduce our errors, I always thought we had the points in us to run them down.
It was a mistake to start Funa. It was a mistake to select him in the seventeen. We had other options. Lawton as centre, Suli as winger, De Luis/Burbo on the bench for example.
Clearly we are a different team without Turbo. But at least we won without him.
As ugly as it was. Go Manly.

Hard to argue with a professional foul there mate
It's more the selective application of the sin bin. Most penalties these days are 'professional fouls' - they are deliberate - but rarely are players sent to the bin for them. It wasn't a try scoring opportunity, so a 6-again is all it should have been in order for it to be consistent with all other decisions that were made in the game.

It's more the selective application of the sin bin. Most penalties these days are 'professional fouls' - they are deliberate - but rarely are players sent to the bin for them. It wasn't a try scoring opportunity, so a 6-again is all it should have been in order for it to be consistent with all other decisions that were made in the game.
Fair enough I guess, but I don’t have a problem with it, I think Josh and Jake thought that they could lay on the ball runner and kill the clock and there was just a couple of seconds to many left.

Bull**** Raiders turned up with good line defence in the first half,we had a basic game plan nothing like the previous week's and we got the points , we can't win by 50 every week
First half far too many errors and they played the same game as when we met them previously, trying to out muscle us which they did, when we cut out the errors and we had more energy in defence they were going no where, 2nd half 19-6 and we could have had more

Who knows but likely. What i know for sure is if G-String refs one of our finals games we are screwed.

We need to be better but he was so so bad tonight.
I doubt a ref at this level is that professionally inept (as much as we like to ride them as fans). To me, that sort of performance comes from trying to follow some directive from above and not being able to ref naturally

1 - why is it that we blow out so many games, but when the gee-up is involved it's a close contest?

2 - Suli is an attacking machine, but has absolutely no lateral defensive game. Like none. We need unlimited interchange to make him play like cliffy. On for attack off for defense. That or hide him next to Jake. He can't be in an outside back defensive role.

3. Foz is an absolute machine, no wonder his voice is so raspy. Doesn't stop telling from the first second. The bloke is manly through and through.

4. We missed Parker

5. We missed turbo

6. We should have used our captain's challenge at least two times

7. Harper is clearly the love child of a 3 way between killer, bell and shoulders.

8. DCE is a closer. Good god he has so much impact on and off the ball.

9. Garrick is a better fullback than Walker and funa probably better than both

10. Raiders will always go for the strip over good defense, play to that

11. 5th is still probably the better option than 4th.

There's probably more, but my laksa just turned up

I'm glad we showed enough grit to offset the poor handling and lack of intensity in the first half. But man, oh man, we have a bad habit of clocking off at inopportune times. To think Canberra still had a sniff at the end is almost terrifying.

I don’t know who posted tapau as having a good game above but I couldn’t agree less. He is past it. I can’t wait till we get rid of him. He’s running sideways. Jogging into the line. Just trying to fend rather than run hard. He’s a liability. Paseka, sipley and aloia are WAY better. See you Marty. Thanks for th

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10