Raiders : Josh Hodgson / George Williams circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A couple of weeks ago, apparently.

Canberra Raiders star Josh Hodgson reportedly stepped down as captain a fortnight ago. It comes as the veteran hooker is linked to a shock move to the Broncos.

(“There’s been no approach to Canberra about Josh Hodgson from the Broncos, but this is moving pretty quickly. Lots happening there.”) "journos" eye roll

NRL 360 host Ben Ikin asked the panel on Tuesday night whether an “awkward situation” was looming with coach Ricky Stuart potentially having to make a tough call on one of his captains, Hodgson.

The Australian’s Brent Read said “there’s an awkward situation already there,” revealing that he had been told Hodgson actually stepped down as captain.

“I got a phone call just before I came on air. Josh Hodgson two weeks ago apparently told Ricky and his teammates that he was standing down as captain,” Read said.

“That ties in with a conversation I know another journalist had with a senior official at the club. He was talking to him about Josh Hodgson and apparently he said to him ‘he’s your captain’ and the official said to him ‘he’s not our captain.’

“I didn't get a chance to check that before we came on air, I’ve got to stress that but I’m told two weeks ago Josh Hodgson told the players and Ricky Stuart that he was standing down as captain.”

If a few other clubs were going through what the Raiders are currently dealing with,Kent and Crawley would of said the coach has “lost the dressing room”
Ricky is such a protected species in the media despite having a winning percentage barely over 50% and his only premiership was almost 20 yrs ago with a side Graham Murray built previously

Ricky has done what he does at most clubs - blown it up. He gets 2 or 3 years where his intensity and passion might work, but after that you can only get yelled at so many times before you start to wonder if there is something else to coaching. Bateman couldn't get out of the joint quick enough last year, Williams agitating for a release from the last year of his contract, Hodgson stepping down as skipper and rumoured to be looking elsewhere, players wives criticising selections on social media, Papalli stood down/ rested, merry go round for forward selections. I'd say Sticky has reached his use by date.

If a few other clubs were going through what the Raiders are currently dealing with,Kent and Crawley would of said the coach has “lost the dressing room”
Ricky is such a protected species in the media despite having a winning percentage barely over 50% and his only premiership was almost 20 yrs ago with a side Graham Murray built previously
Kent and Ricky are best buds; they have been mates for a long time.

We all, rightfully so, applauded the Clappers pommy connection .... but it appears nothing has changed ... they are still all whinging bastaards ...

Whitehead quits ... Williams homesick .. Hodgson dummy spitting ...

"Hodgson has a year to run his $800,000-a-year contract in the nation’s capital, but there’s a number of NRL rivals reportedly keen on his services, including the Broncos, Sea Eagles, and Bulldogs."

Jeeze I was thinking 600K, the price may scare a few off I would think, to much for us anyways.

How long till Sticky dusts off his best mate..?

200.gif

If we signed him we'd have:

One hooker stood down (pending court case)
Another injured
Then another highly expensive one that doesn't like criticism
And still the one that plays isn't an actual hooker.

That's like the whole set of tea-spoons!
whole set of tea-spoons!..... Good one GE

Once the Poms start whinging as a group, Rickys got no chance. Mrs Tapine apparently wants to take on Ricky in the undercard of Gals next fight, reportorderly against local Caringbah Inns bar fly Johnno "shakey hands" Ivagotnuthin.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2