Rag dolls

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
It’s hard to believe the lack of physical strength of some of our players. Not sure the reason. Donny is a master conditioner so that’s not it one would think.
Parker is a danger to himself in first grade. I fear for the bloke every time he hits it up.
Paseka and JetSki are thrown around like toys in a cot and the backline outside of Jorge and Suli are just getting demolished physically even though some are reasonable footballers. If you aren’t equipped physically you need speed yet these guys are so lacking in that regard too.

I don’t doubt the effort of these lads but the game has moved on and slow non robust players are simply toast.

Not looking at any particular player in isolation but the game with these new rules has changed the type of player required.
Big fast mobile are 3 terms thrown about but you need to add the word speed. As in speed of play.

Paseka was better tonight but should be so much more damaging
Jetski he has got ticker but he just way too small he is smaller than most wingers
Elliot , Parker and Garick don’t Make line breaks

Garrick must have negative post contact kick return metres every week. He's a big enough unit but just gets held upright and pushed back 9 times out of 10. He needs to get Horhay to school him in leg drive and line bending. Elliot just gets tossed around like a toy. Hard to start off a set when you are dominated in the ruck and defence is set and waiting

Anyone who argues with this thread has rocks in the melon....lose 80% of contacts...
In actual fact AFB wins em sll day....Kapow to a degree but is already thinking offload.
Thommo and Sirto break 50/50 and go ok ...but great point as much of todays wins on the scoreboard, start with winning that initial contact...

Garrick must have negative post contact kick return metres every week. He's a big enough unit but just gets held upright and pushed back 9 times out of 10. He needs to get Horhay to school him in leg drive and line bending. Elliot just gets tossed around like a toy. Hard to start off a set when you are dominated in the ruck and defence is set and waiting
Surely we must have bigger backs in our top 30.

Yep might be time to wheel out old Trex and give him some game time off the bench.
Agree Boyle horrid gets belted all the time and paseka a soft cock. Trex never got man handled and also young saddler got good size and aggression

With the rule changes, if you’re light on for a back, you need to be a rocket, and fit as fuuck Dufty, Gutho, Papenhuyzen. Not huge, but they can motor.
I watched that try last night that Papenhuyzen scored, and could not think of any one of our players that would’ve got close. (Maybe Tommy, but he probably would’ve blown another hammy).

Boyle Paseka Gosievski.... all very close to the " last chance saloon " IMO.

If you can find half a footballer in those 3 combined good luck to you.....

Yep might be time to wheel out old Trex and give him some game time off the bench.
Do you mean to replace Garrick? Trex on the wing.. Garrick is good in attack but we dont use him. I agree he gets hammer when he runs the ball. He runs to upright and lose the skip before the line. He's having the 2nd year blues

Garrick has the perfect fullback coach. He has to concede earlier on his own terms just like brett did. In saying that he has to run straight quicker to get any metres he can .maybe the tim brasher, khunt type

Anyone who argues with this thread has rocks in the melon....lose 80% of contacts...
In actual fact AFB wins em sll day....Kapow to a degree but is already thinking offload.
Thommo and Sirto break 50/50 and go ok ...but great point as much of todays wins on the scoreboard, start with winning that initial contact...
I just wish some of his post contact metres were replaced with fast play the balls instead of carrying defenders for an extra 5-10mtrs and generating a slow upright tangled up play the ball.

Yes it's good to have the metres no matter how you get them but it's not always effective.

I just wish some of his post contact metres were replaced with fast play the balls instead of carrying defenders for an extra 5-10mtrs and generating a slow upright tangled up play the ball.

Yes it's good to have the metres no matter how you get them but it's not always effective.
Yeh we do lack the ultra quick play balls and with the new rules are extra advantageous with the offload/ 2nd phase all n vogue with the better teams atm - Eels, Penrith and Roosters.
I think the fact we run 1 out also makes it easier for the defence to dominate the tackle in numbers and control the game tempo...
All in all, Manly look slower in gameplay and as individuals across the park, which is hard to overcome.

Manly have some big forwards but so do most other N R L sides so bit unrealistic to expect every Manly forward to be making big post contact meters . Just surely the law of physics , one 110 - 120 kg player meeting at least two opposition forwards the same size almost simultaneously . A F B seems the exception with exceptional post contact strength . Bit easier to make the meters also when a fatigue factor comes in but even Keppie and Paseka have been making some decent ground recently and Marty was better against the Dragons . Garrick has been doing a little better this season and recall that this was one aspect that he was trying to improve on pre season . Parker and now Jet Ski have been struggling , Would hardly rate Suli slow , just needs some decent ball and some room to move , not a noted ruck buster admittedly but that should not be his main role and was injured against the Dragons in any case . The sides that seem to do better in ruck advantage tend to or have the ability to play regular or almost continuous direct attack and at speed to have the opposition on the back foot then Maybe like Woodsie suggested , a bit more direct and hard runs before using Jake as the pivot and the predictable attack that then seems to follow . Maybe O K if Tom is lurking out there but without him , need something a bit different .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4