• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I feel for the kid. I'm more than close enough (in age) that i still remember what its like. I definitely think most athletes would read about themselves. Imagine if he found this place and read some of the dribble people write about him. He is super young and he made an aussie team at 20. Lets put some perspective around this. I hate slater but he is a freak. Some argue one of the best fullbacks to pull on a jersey. He debuted at 19. 4 months later he turned 20. In his second season he debuted for queensland at 21. He didn't make his debut for australia until he was 24. Tom is judged by a lot of very good judges as a phenomenal talent. In my opinion we need to stop bashing the kid cause i'd hate him to think there is a lack of love. He's going to be a scary prospect at 24 with some more maturity
I understand what you are saying but that is the nature of the NRL beast . When you play at NRL level and the stakes are high all players that take the field regardless of age are scrutinized and judged purely on performance .
Having said that NRL players are not wimps they are mentally and physically tough . No place for the faint hearted in the NRL as they don't last long . Only the tough survive . The rest go and play netball
Steve+Matai+NRL+Rd+16+Dragons+v+Sea+Eagles+kqiOxeyGC__l.jpg

I understand what you are saying but that is the nature of the NRL beast . When you play at NRL level and the stakes are high all players that take the field regardless of age are scrutinized and judged purely on performance .
Having said that NRL players are not wimps they are mentally and physically tough . No place for the faint hearted in the NRL as they don't last long . Only the tough survive . The rest go and play netball
View attachment 8314
I was more getting at the fact the criticism is largely unfounded. At that age even future immortals and hall of fame players are rocks and diamonds. Up and down patches until the maturity of dealing with nrl pressure consistently works its way in. Having the weight of a team or the expectations of fans is a daunting prospect for a young guy. Plenty of players wilt under it and come back better as they get older and mature. I just don't want his confidence rattled too much through this period.

I was more getting at the fact the criticism is largely unfounded. At that age even future immortals and hall of fame players are rocks and diamonds. Up and down patches until the maturity of dealing with nrl pressure consistently works its way in. Having the weight of a team or the expectations of fans is a daunting prospect for a young guy. Plenty of players wilt under it and come back better as they get older and mature. I just don't want his confidence rattled too much through this period.
That's the price you pay for being any type of celebrity . You will be judged 24/7 . You will have your fans and you will have your critics . I am not saying it's right , all I am saying that is they way it is . Young Turbo is on about 800 grand a year and with the money comes the honey and all the bitter lemons as well .

TK on the big sports brekky keeps referring to it as a bell ringer. Hows it a ****ing bell ringer?

For a start it was an illegal shot and it didn't even ring his bell. Kapow stood straight up and shook his head.
Yes it was like a Hilditch tackle on Max Krilich in ‘82. The Faecalmatta lovers in the media, like serial problem gambler Rabs Warren, were in ecstasy for weeks afterward.

Little mention though of how Krilich got straight to his feet and played the ball.

Yes it was like a Hilditch tackle on Max Krilich in ‘82. The Faecalmatta lovers in the media, like serial problem gambler Rabs Warren, were in ecstasy for weeks afterward.

Little mention though of how Krilich got straight to his feet and played the ball.
Is this an excerpt from cat in the hat? Or a Tarantino narrative? My head hurts ;)

Marty and Jake where clearly the best two forwards of the field Sunday.

Cordners performance's along with the form of Woods, Klemmer and Jackson will ensure NSW are smashed off the park again in Origin, not that I really care.

Klemmer has been going well in a poor pack and should be picked (5th for total metres so far this year), we need that madness he brings at times, Cordner is off a bit but still solid and experienced, the other 2 should be no hope but NSW has shown it prefers guys out of form so yeah will get picked.

One thing we don't have this year is a designated hit man for opposition halves. Noticed that Radley and Cordner kept the pressure on our halves throughout the game but there were only a few times when we applied kick pressure. Need someone like Thompson or AFB applying that kick pressure. Have noticed AFB doing a great job at that a few times this year. Imagine what the halves would be thinking having him running straight for them when putting up a bomb.

Spot on comment. The opposition halves are getting an eternity on the ball that was very evident in the Easts game.

One thing we don't have this year is a designated hit man for opposition halves. Noticed that Radley and Cordner kept the pressure on our halves throughout the game but there were only a few times when we applied kick pressure. Need someone like Thompson or AFB applying that kick pressure. Have noticed AFB doing a great job at that a few times this year. Imagine what the halves would be thinking having him running straight for them when putting up a bomb.

Couldn't agree more - it's amazing how often crap teams don't put kick pressure on the opposition kicker and take those little 1% short cuts like not covering PROPERLY from the inside in defence or chase back at full pace when a break is made. We are a team who takes short cuts too often in the "little things" ( which aren't really so little ) and it shows.

Couldn't agree more - it's amazing how often crap teams don't put kick pressure on the opposition kicker and take those little 1% short cuts like not covering PROPERLY from the inside in defence or chase back at full pace when a break is made. We are a team who takes short cuts too often in the "little things" ( which aren't really so little ) and it shows.
It makes a big difference between a well placed torpedo vs a rushed flat bomb. No doubt that it would have helped our clumsy backs at catching the ball more frequently than they have.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10