• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am not being asked to leave. I am being labelled a racist on a public forum, and that call is being supported by the moderators, which is far worse. My reputation has been damaged by this thread and I think it’s a disgrace.
I don’t know about others, but people’s reputations are enhanced in my book when they recognise they have offended someone with something they say (including unintentionally and even if the offense is questionable), they genuinely apologise, self moderate and look to learn and move on. It seems you’ve done that.

I just don’t think it was racist @MadMarcus
You weren’t saying anything about people of colour, you were just alluding to the fact that it’s so long since we’ve seen Tommy that we’ve entirely forgotten what he looks like. I’m really sorry this happened to you.

No, I am not being asked to leave. I am being labelled a racist on a public forum, and that call is being supported by the moderators, which is far worse. My reputation has been damaged by this thread and I think it’s a disgrace.
No we're not. No Moderator has called you out as being racist or even having to be "dealt with" in this thread so don't start misinforming others about us with incorrect information.

In Post #10, lsz said:

"I stand corrected - it was reported and handled by Jethro."

The only poster who mentioned "dealt with" was Shoe1 who wrote in Post #11:

"Stay joe, report the racism and it will be dealt with, and call it out."

It is quite obvious to me that you have read Shoe1's post and mistakenly thought that it was the post that lsz had wrote and taken it as the Moderators are calling you a racist and that is quite incorrect.

No we're not. No Moderator has called you out as being racist or even having to be "dealt with" in this thread so don't start misinforming others about us with incorrect information.

In Post #10, lsz said:

"I stand corrected - it was reported and handled by Jethro."

The only poster who mentioned "dealt with" was Shoe1 who wrote in Post #11:

"Stay joe, report the racism and it will be dealt with, and call it out."

It is quite obvious to me that you have read Shoe1's post and mistakenly thought that it was the post that lsz had wrote and taken it as the Moderators are calling you a racist and that is quite incorrect.

“Handled” is the same as “dealt with”. @lsz should have taken more care with his post and how it would be perceived in the context of my post above it by forum users who didn’t see the original posts.

I just don’t think it was racist @MadMarcus
You weren’t saying anything about people of colour, you were just alluding to the fact that it’s so long since we’ve seen Tommy that we’ve entirely forgotten what he looks like. I’m really sorry this happened to you.
I finally figured out what happened... yeah nah thats not racist at all. Wtf... if i post a picture of an Indian man and say this is what turbo looks like is that racist? Hell no it isn't! What the heck

“Handled” is the same as “dealt with”. @lsz should have taken more care with his post and how it would be perceived.
Well what word would you suggest that we use when we have to do something with reported content?

Yep, I deleted the posts even though I have no idea how they could be construed as racist. I’m not here to offend anyone and I thought that would be the end of it.

Then I wake up this morning and see @lsz saying the posts needed to be “dealt with” by @Jethro and a bunch of people supporting @Smokin Joe for “standing up to racism”, as @lsz’s post clearly indicates the mods agree that the post was racist. Now everyone on the forum thinks I’m a racist.

For those who didn’t see the posts (most of you), somebody said they forgot what Tom looks like. I responded with a description and a picture of the person I could find in the internet who looks as opposite to Tom as I could find and said “this is him”. That person was not white.

If you find that racist I think that says more about your own racism than mine, as the post presumably would have been ok if I excluded other races from my search.

Lucky I didn’t post a picture of a woman or I would’ve been labelled sexist as well.
I only know you from this forum @MadMarcus and you have never come across as racist at all but a funny fellow .
As far as I am concerned apart form all us Manly Sea eagle people every else can go and get fcked :)

Well what word would you suggest that we use when we have to do something with reported content?

I don’t think a mod should be fanning the flames of a misguided thread so @lsz could have just said nothing.

It would have been ideal if he said “the posts from @MadMarcus have been deleted by him, although we do not consider them to be racist”.

Alternatively, if he didn’t want to buy into it, he could have said something like “I note @MadMarcus has deleted the post even though he has made the point above that he doesn’t consider them racist.”

I appreciate this takes a bit more time and care, and I appreciate that mods are busy with their own lives and I appreciate the work they do, but I think a bit more time and care is justified when the reputation of a poster is at stake.

I only know you from this forum @MadMarcus and you have never come across as racist at all but a funny fellow .
As far as I am concerned apart form all us Manly Sea eagle people every else can go and get fcked :)

Thanks @BOZO. Although we don’t know each other I really value my online interactions with posters like you, @Mark from Brisbane and @Bring back the.... Biff? - so I care about what you think of me and that is why I am upset about this. I’m glad most of you seem to have come back onto this thread so you hopefully all understand what has gone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4