• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what has gone on I dont recall seeing anything that stood out to me as offensive and let me tell you i am an expert at offense -giving it and taking it ,and unfortunately I haunt this forum !!!
In any case I love both @smokinjoe and @MadMarcus posts so lets keep it together guys as best we can in this trying 2020 season and after last last night , bask in the glory of reasonably soundly beating the current wooden spooners and how wonderfully all our young guys performed ,the future is looking bright
Go Manly

Seriously... I deleted the posts myself as I didn’t want to make waves, but now I’m made to look like a massive bigot to the people who didn’t even see them so maybe I should have defended them... if the mods think those posts were racist and need to be “dealt with” then maybe I’m the one that needs to leave the forum @Jethro
I didn’t see the post but I would be astounded if it was racism coming from @MadMarcus . He is very witty, and funny. (Smart funny too). I’ve never seen anything remotely racist from him.
I also enjoy your posts @Smokin Joe . Please take a beat. Then ask yourself could it have been taken out of context.
You are both quality contributors to Silvertails in your own way, and would hate to lose either of you.

One of the things that @Dan taught me when I first joined this forum 12 years ago is not to take anything too seriously.

I have only blocked one current member who chose to vilify me personally from what I used to do in my travel days otherwise it’s water off a duck’s back ( sorry Corey) with anything people say.

Seriously 99% of it is said quickly and without much thought sometimes very much in the heat of the moment so taking it with a grain of salt is what everyone should do.
Who did you block?

Adios,have had enough of the pathetic racist crap from members on here,no wonder people mock the Sea Eagles fan base,been fun while it lasted.........Funny but how do you delete profile from the staff,don't seem to have an easy alternative?
You will never run away from racism where ever you run to in this world
The only way for us to stand up for racism is not by running away but to stand up for human rights .
Dont run away @Smokin Joe . Stay here and stand up against racism with the many of us here on our great forum .
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE !!!

I didn’t see the post but I would be astounded if it was racism coming from @MadMarcus . He is very witty, and funny. (Smart funny too). I’ve never seen anything remotely racist from him.
I also enjoy your posts @Smokin Joe . Please take a beat. Then ask yourself could it have been taken out of context.
You are both quality contributors to Silvertails in your own way, and would hate to lose either of you.
Did not even realize that there was some suggestion of Mad Marcus and some supposed racist post . Have never noticed even a hint of racism in his posts generally a, touch of brilliance and dynamic ability in the humour sense but racist overtones , i must be losing it if i have missed any of that .

Most of my mates call me a lefty, girly arm , softcock , bleeding heart, whiney biiatch But i am always unsure of where the racism line is drawn. And thats being honest. Im not trying to defend myself or any action

I always thought intenet was the key to anything derogative.

I understand passive racism and bigotry to a point but i feel these lines are continually blurred for people with good intentions , by some with questionable intentions

I even asked my wife if she thought this stuff was cool to post

thats kinda sad

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the expectation is around moderation of the forum at 3.40am

If anyone finds any content they find offensive then report the post and moderators will look at it. Moderators DO NOT read every post posted on this forum, so if you report a post it will highlight it and it will be dealt with if required. Seems in this case the posts have been removed by the originator in response to the complaint. Seems a mature enough resolution to me.

As far as deleting accounts is concerned it isn't a simple process. If you don't like the site and don't wish to post here then the simple answer is log out of your account and don't visit the site again. If you need to make a point around your exit then by all means make a farewell thread stating your reasons, or post on your profile the reasons that you no longer wish to be a member of the site in case anyone wonders where you went.

For those who can't accept self exclusion as a valid means of future non participation in the forum then by all means tag myself or @Dan and we can lock out your account so you can no longer log in.

Seems in this case the posts have been removed by the originator in response to the complaint. Seems a mature enough resolution to me.

Yep, I deleted the posts even though I have no idea how they could be construed as racist. I’m not here to offend anyone and I thought that would be the end of it.

Then I wake up this morning and see @lsz saying the posts needed to be “dealt with” by @Jethro and a bunch of people supporting @Smokin Joe for “standing up to racism”, as @lsz’s post clearly indicates the mods agree that the post was racist. Now everyone on the forum thinks I’m a racist.

For those who didn’t see the posts (most of you), somebody said they forgot what Tom looks like. I responded with a description and a picture of the person I could find in the internet who looks as opposite to Tom as I could find and said “this is him”. That person was not white.

If you find that racist I think that says more about your own racism than mine, as the post presumably would have been ok if I excluded other races from my search.

Lucky I didn’t post a picture of a woman or I would’ve been labelled sexist as well.

Seriously... I deleted the posts myself as I didn’t want to make waves, but now I’m made to look like a massive bigot to the people who didn’t even see them so maybe I should have defended them... if the mods think those posts were racist and need to be “dealt with” then maybe I’m the one that needs to leave the forum @Jethro
Please settle down @MadMarcus. No one is asking anyone to leave.

My "dealing" with the reported posts consisted of the following:

There were two reported posts when I saw them at around 6am this morning.

When I opened them up, I noticed that they were both reported by Smokin Joe for some posts in the 'Depth aint so bad' thread.

There was one of your posts and one of Bring back the.... Biff?'s posts reported.

By the time that I had gotten to them, I saw that between 4:17am and 4:40am you had already deleted the post of yours that was reported and a couple of others that you wrote and I reported that you had removed your content yourself in the corrective action taken for the reported post.

The Bring back the.... Biff? reported post by Smokin Joe where Bring back the.... Biff? had quoted or added further comment to one of your self-removed content was also deleted and reported as such in the corrective action taken.

A final post by Smokin Joe was also removed as it was not relevent to the thread topic.

Yep, I deleted the posts even though I have no idea how they could be construed as racist. I’m not here to offend anyone and I thought that would be the end of it.

Then I wake up this morning and see @lsz saying the posts needed to be “dealt with” by @Jethro and a bunch of people supporting @Smokin Joe for “standing up to racism”, as @lsz’s post clearly indicates the mods agree that the post was racist. Now everyone on the forum thinks I’m a racist.

For those who didn’t see the posts (most of you), somebody said they forgot what Tom looks like. I responded with a description and a picture of the person I could find in the internet who looks as opposite to Tom as I could find and said “this is him”. That person was not white.

If you find that racist I think that says more about your own racism than mine, as the post presumably would have been ok if I excluded other races from my search.

Lucky I didn’t post a picture of a woman or I would’ve been labelled sexist as well.

In the end , you know your intent and hopefully thats good enough for you to find peace. Its sad for joe to feel something wasnt right and thats his perogative based on his experiences. Its also sadif you have become unhappy or confused by something that was not intended to be hurtful

Hopefully you guys can find middle ground and we all learn something

But your heart knows and hopefully joe and everyone can let all parties can heal , because in the end the goal is unity and inclusiveness and at the moment there seems to be no winners

Time for cuddles and understanding me thinks

Take care to joe an marcus . In the words of jeff fenech. We Love yoooussse all

I haven’t seen the post or comments. But this wreaks of virtue signalling from ol’ smokin’ joe

I don't think that is the case here .... I also didn't see Mad Marcus's post but never found his comments racist .... sometimes the line between humour and PC is blurred if not fine ... I hope you both stay on I value both your contributions ...

I am surprised there weren't calls for you to be cancelled. Is it ok for me to post this?

A few days ago a poster mentioned something about a 'fat lady'. How come this was ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4