Rabbs saddles up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
I was able to watch a recording of Friday's game last night. Just before the players came out they showed the Giddy Up Stewy sign in the crowd. Not long after that Ray Warren had some interesting comments that I haven't heard mentioned anywhere. The Manly players were running on the field and the camera focussed on Snake. Rabbs said something along the lines of "the Manly fans love it when they see this guy CANTERING onto the field. He seems to have overcome those NAGGING leg injuries........."

Coincedence? I don't think so!! Nice little sly one. ;)

MadMarcus said:
I don't think Rabbs is smart enough to be that subtle...

I'd agree with that but someone at Ch 9 had all week to think of it and feed him the line.

Good to see the banner made tv. Spoke to stewy at the function and he loved the sign

Bradza said:
MadMarcus said:

I'd agree with that but someone at Ch 9 had all week to think of it and feed him the line.

I don't think anyone at Ch 9 is smart enough to be that subtle, even with a week to think about it!

Still one of my favourite lines of commentary was from rabs when Brett returned against the tigers and scored 3

"they call him the prince of brookvale, I don't, I call him mr magic" or something like that

253929_10150204173194456_800469455_6933064_4448610_n.jpg

MadMarcus said:

Having met Rabs several times I think this is exactly his style. In social situations he is subtle as a sledgehammer but he loves to get subtle digs into his commentary cause he can't be seen to be favouring one side or another in the booth

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Lol what i notice about this pic is , all the local bronc`s fans are rugged up & the Manly fans are mostly all wearing short sleeved jersey`s lol..
I was the same when i went to QLD during NSW`s winter ,im wearing boardies & t shirts & the locals are wearing long pants with long sleeves shirts , jumpers.. :p

If you look at the bitch in glasses below the left hand side of the Giddy Up Stewy sign, she is the reason we were louder than normal.

The drum got confiscated shortly after this, courtesy of her complaints to security, so we decided we would be even louder than if we had the drum.

I did enjoy pissing her off as much as we did.

And the old crunt beside her was the guy having a go at Cambo. Sour lot. Funny that at the end of the game I asked him why he was such a prick towards us and he replied he was a Dogs supporter. I told him to go and get ****ed.

We had the same issues at Suncorp last year. We sat in the Away supporters bays on the corner of the stadium and this old lady sat right at the end of the next bay over the isle from us and kept complaining to security about our noise levels. The security told us to be quite and we of course ignored them, the police were brought around and basically just rolled their eyes and left again.

At the end of the game having won thanks to a missed parker kick on full time I crossed the isle and sweetly said to the lady, 'Have a nice mothers day' before leaving. She looked like she was going to die of shock. Funny stuff.

Why go to a live game and complain about the noise? Watch it tv if it's to loud.

Seriously we should be thanking that hag, she egged us on chronically we should invite someone like that to every game to rile us up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6