Game Day: Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles [Round 3, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought we might be a shot at being a top competitive team this year. Alas it looks like more of the same.. Inconsistent rocks and diamonds rubbish that leaves supporters confused and eventually disinterested in suffering this weekly.

To me,

We didn't adjust to the conditions; wet weather football needs a different attitude. It's a grind not a show, we didn't get down and dirty with them and out muscle them as the boys did last week.

As such, we didn't win the forward battle up the middle; in fact, on face value, we didn't compete with the intensity that needs to be there every week, not just when you're doing it in a canter like last week. The big forwards didn't seem to run as hard as last week and get a roll on through their middle. We let them dominate the ruck and slow us down.

We went wide to early before we'd earned that right.

There didn't seem to be any urgency in our play at times; again an attitude thing but it's desire.

That said, I was pleased to see a few bright spots; Jake is a beauty who'll lead the team for years; our two young centres are going OK, some good defence and glimpses of good attack; our rookie 5/8 is a very solid defender and will improve each week I believe.

Generally, an off day by the whole team, I'm sure the coaching staff will get into their ears about consistency each and every week.

I still believe we'll be there in the finals and I'm pleased Marty is talking about a Premiership this year, if it's a shared belief, even if they aren't all talking openly at present, it shows that he/ they believe in their ability and their team mates. I'm not sure of a Premiership this year(lucky I'm not playing) but another year or 2 and we'll be definitly be in contention.

Now the worst part for me, I have to listen to my vermin supporting brother rub it in until we thrash them later in the year.

Sorry unless it's in finals you will have to wait till 2019 as we don't play Souths again this year no home game against them.

Picked a good weekend to be away in a media blackout area. So just to summarise quickly what I’ve picked up from the forum

- We’ve gone from premiership favourites to deadbeats in the space of 6 days
- our forwards are hopeless
- Croker has gone from showing promise to completely useless
- Barrett can’t coach
- DCE still can’t run a team and needs someone to hold his hand
- Hastings is the answer, no matter what the question.

I’m figuring we were bad. Thankfully the Raiders are going worse so things should spin 180 degrees once we beat them this week.

Picked a good weekend to be away in a media blackout area. So just to summarise quickly what I’ve picked up from the forum

- We’ve gone from premiership favourites to deadbeats in the space of 6 days
- our forwards are hopeless
- Croker has gone from showing promise to completely useless
- Barrett can’t coach
- DCE still can’t run a team and needs someone to hold his hand
- Hastings is the answer, no matter what the question.

I’m figuring we were bad. Thankfully the Raiders are going worse so things should spin 180 degrees once we beat them this week.

You forgot;
- Taupau is a big mouth show pony
- Api can't pass (still)
- Winterstein > Thompson
- Kelly will never make it
- Wingers are the worst in the comp
- Turbo is way overrated and Dufty is miles better
- Anybody else not mentioned has one week to turn it around or they can piss off too

And the price of chicken nuggets have fallen ....

Oh! ... and Darcy gave away 2 silly penalties, even though he wasn't playing ...

You forgot;
- Taupau is a big mouth show pony
- Api can't pass (still)
- Winterstein > Thompson
- Kelly will never make it
- Wingers are the worst in the comp
- Turbo is way overrated and Dufty is miles better
- Anybody else not mentioned has one week to turn it around or they can piss off too

AND SACK BARRETT!

Gosh what one week can do to change everything on this forum. We just demolished Parra in 40 degree heat, and got some pay back this week. I seriously dont think last weekends result is anything to despair about. I suspected Manly might suffer a drop off after their Parra game. Playing in that heat without breaks (what was the League thinking...again) was obviously going to have its effect. And I suspect the forwards got a little cocky as well.

I think this side is going to change quite a bit, especially in the backline, as the season progresses, and I think this may be good. Croker is not ready. Hastings looks good swapping with Api in the five eighth/hooker roles. I'd give it a go. If it doesnt work bring in Tom Wright at 5/8. I know Barrett is talking centre but I think we have the cattle there in Kelly, Walker and Parker. Taufua is OK, but I'm afraid Uate has lost his sting. I'd take a big risk and have Anderson on the wing. He's a player with great speed, catches the ball with ease, great defence, and has mongrel. The forwards will switch around. Paseka and G'ski may get their chance. A long season yet and I still think we can easily make the 8

Don't be silly... we are no chance to beat the raiders. No one has a heart nor plays for the coach and we should bring back any ex coach we can find.

Don't write off Can'tberra, they are stinging as much as us, lose this one and i can't see us going higher the 10th.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6