Rabbitohs Extend Contracts of David Tyrrell and Thomas BurgessRabbitohs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cracker McDonald, Mal Reilly, Ray Brannigan, John O'Neil, Goldie Walker, John Gray, Boyd, Brown, Dorahy, Boustead, O'Connor, Ian Roberts, ah those were the days.

We used to attract the biggest names in the game, but that was a different world.

We have a recruitment manager with a pretty fair record but I wonder if we will struggle until we develop a group of heavy hitters from the big end of town with contacts and hence the ability to come up with the required (legit) Third Party agreements.

The Penns apparently have plenty of money but are other rich people happy to work with them? ( I have no idea, just wondering)

Get used to this happening now fella's. The unlimited 3rd party rort will ensure that this continues to be an issue. Clubs like ourselves will no longer be able to attract quality players from other corporately well backed clubs. We have burned all of our backers well and truly. Right as we are forced to lose all of our talent due to in fighting. Well done to all the selfish idiots in our club that cut the baby in half rather than see it survive and prosper.
I think we only signed Luke Burgess because he got arrested overseas.

and because he is an average first grader at best.

Get used to this happening now fella's. The unlimited 3rd party rort will ensure that this continues to be an issue. Clubs like ourselves will no longer be able to attract quality players from other corporately well backed clubs. We have burned all of our backers well and truly. Right as we are forced to lose all of our talent due to in fighting. Well done to all the selfish idiots in our club that cut the baby in half rather than see it survive and prosper.
I think we only signed Luke Burgess because he got arrested overseas.

I posted some months ago about South Sydney, the Dogs and the Roosters will in a very short space of time be the only one's who will be able to win the NRL due to third party (TP's) contracts.

It appears it is happening sooner rather than in a few years time.

It will always be those three with an occasional dark-horse team to make the four. Maybe a side like Melbourne or Penrith or even Parramatta..

The remaining clubs like Manly will be playing for the scraps to see if we can even get into the top eight. If we even get into the top 8 we'll think it is a successful year. Forget winning anything for a long time until the NRL starts to bring in a points system (which they won't) or starts to include TP's in the cap (again which they won't).

Where does all this leave Sam? Surely the Vermin couldn't fit him in with all the reupped guys.

They'll probably offer him a minimum and top him with TP's.

Where does all this leave Sam? Surely the Vermin couldn't fit him in with all the reupped guys.

He is a Rooster when he comes back.

Did you not get the memo. It also covered SBW, Hunt and Folou.

Cracker McDonald, Mal Reilly, Ray Brannigan, John O'Neil, Goldie Walker, John Gray, Boyd, Brown, Dorahy, Boustead, O'Connor, Ian Roberts, ah those were the days.

We used to attract the biggest names in the game, but that was a different world.

We have a recruitment manager with a pretty fair record but I wonder if we will struggle until we develop a group of heavy hitters from the big end of town with contacts and hence the ability to come up with the required (legit) Third Party agreements.

The Penns apparently have plenty of money but are other rich people happy to work with them? ( I have no idea, just wondering)

I wish we had an Ian Martin style player at present

The reason the NRL stopped capping TPA's was the idea that the cream of the crop (the marquee players like JT ang GI) would attract big sponsorship dollars (as a result of being more marketable), and thus keep them in our game and away from Union/AFL/Superleague etc.

What they didn't bargain for, was clubs like the Roosters having a heap of contacts in the corporate world thanks to Nick Politis, and they'll just throw their loose change at anyone to help the club recruit.

:swear: gutted at losing out on T Burgess.
I'm officially on the hate bandwagon of the current management.
A big name prop was essential in my opinion. A leader of our forward pack, was really hoping they had a crack at JWH but no they didn't.
So I thought we'd be a huge chance of snaring Tom, nope, nadda.

And not a peep out of management, seriously worrying.

Could we go with complete youth
:swear: gutted at losing out on T Burgess.
I'm officially on the hate bandwagon of the current management.
A big name prop was essential in my opinion. A leader of our forward pack, was really hoping they had a crack at JWH but no they didn't.
So I thought we'd be a huge chance of snaring Tom, nope, nadda.

And not a peep out of management, seriously worrying.

Kelly is on video saying 3-4 "high end players" should be announced by the end of May (7 weeks), so that would be exciting - especially on the back of hopefully Turbo 1, Turbo 2, Gutherson re-signing long term extensions (hopefully 5 odd years a piece).

Again, hopefully they all sign % of cap deals - i.e. 3.5% odd each off the cap or something.

Could we go with complete youth

Kelly is on video saying 3-4 "high end players" should be announced by the end of May (7 weeks), so that would be exciting - especially on the back of hopefully Turbo 1, Turbo 2, Gutherson re-signing long term extensions (hopefully 5 odd years a piece).

Again, hopefully they all sign % of cap deals - i.e. 3.5% odd each off the cap or something.
Lets make sure we have Gutho and the Trb's coming off at the same time too!

When our new boss says he has some "big name" signings coming what he really means is guys with names that have a lot of letters in them like Papademetriou or Vonbeyersdorf .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4