Quick question re: Kayo, Foxtel, Live Pass or Channel 9 - please help?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Morning all - I signed up for Kayo yesterday not realising that you need an App to watch it. None of our TVs have the app. We have updated the firmware. I don't want to be casting every time I want to watch sport. Is there another way to use Kayo on a TV without the App or should I just cancel the service?
Cheers

I am not sure as I don't have one, but can a chromecast or appleTV (dongle) work? Don't they turn your TV into a smart TV of sorts?

I am not sure as I don't have one, but can a chromecast or appleTV (dongle) work? Don't they turn your TV into a smart TV of sorts?
They are smart TVs but they dont have the App installed. Someone please correct me otherwise but I don't believe that you can just install the App. I think it is up to the tv manufacturer????

Morning all - I signed up for Kayo yesterday not realising that you need an App to watch it. None of our TVs have the app. We have updated the firmware. I don't want to be casting every time I want to watch sport. Is there another way to use Kayo on a TV without the App or should I just cancel the service?
Cheers
You will probably have to get Apple TV , but make sure you get the latest one as it allows you to download apps from their store, or perhaps Chromecast+Google TV, which will be cheaper, however not sure if you can download new apps .

They are smart TVs but they dont have the App installed. Someone please correct me otherwise but I don't believe that you can just install the App. I think it is up to the tv manufacturer????
Yes, it's up to the manufacturer as to whether the App is available, and as Kayo is relatively new it may only be available on the latest models, or perhaps after a software upgrade.

Mate I had the same problem when I canned Fox. Just went out and got the google chrome cast and it works fine. It’s a bit of a hassle initially but you get use to it. Another option could be to use your internet search on the TV and watch it through the Kayo website. We watch on the laptop Through the website. Never thought to try it on the TV tho.

Yes, it's up to the manufacturer as to whether the App is available, and as Kayo is relatively new it may only be available on the latest models, or perhaps after a software upgrade.
Kayo is only installed on a few brands of tvs. We were looking at new TVs recently and came across this.

Chromecast is probably the cheapest option. If you have a device that runs Kodi (runs great on an Xbox, for example), there's an excellent Kayo plugin for that.

Chromecasting it from my phone or tablet worked seamlessly, just need to be on same wifi.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4