QUESTIONS for the Current Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've only ever had good tidings and dealings with Bob Reilly. He's been nothing but transparent, open, and caring towards our supporter base (remember him stepping in when someone was suggesting they were thinking of suicide).

I think our current CEO David Perry is outstanding and comes with a great acumen/ resume, and has done nothing, but good for this club. Compared to the last CEO, it's like chalk and cheese.

Max Krillich is a club legend and would only have the club at heart.

The Penn's / Delmeges have been godsends. It's not one OR the other, it's both, and I find it funny people are choosing between the two. Basically, they are as important as Jane Malcolm, and her decision with the land apparent.

The end of the day, we have a host of people with good intent in their hearts and motives.

The only one I have had ill feelings from/toward, is Vidmar (Bob Stevenson), who I personally think should be as far as possible away from any of the clubs tidings off the park. Sorry Vidmar, but your tirade in a thread about me not connecting with you (mainly from my part because of my busy workload), and your attempt at alienation in my view bordered contempt, and that's not what this club needs in any fashion associated with itself.

I get that you do the most you can, and it's your time, but that slant against me ruined it in my book. Against a season ticket holder, against a recurring club member, and against a hardcore Sea Eagles fan.

It's just shocking PR.

It's for that reason (yes, over a small incident) why I'd be steering people into voting the Krillich ticket), but that is no way because of Reilly, Williams, Jones, Muscat or Cliffy.

"Integrity, stability and harmony isn't about ostrasizing fans". That's what you attempted to do, and that cannot be anywhere near a club board desperate for capital investment.

Be careful voters.

You can't get on with everyone and the decisions that need to be made should be on a professional basis as to what is best for the club. Personality differences should not really come into it. If a person is doing the right thing that should be a factor in voting for them, not because you like a person or not. How many friends have you got that make wrong decisions, you don't necessarily fall out with them. Same goes for people you may dislike, as long as they make good decisions they should be judged on that.

HappilyManly said:
Author Thomas Keneally's novel approach to Manly footy elections
JON GEDDES MANLY DAILY DECEMBER 06, 2013 4:21PM

AUTHOR and Sea Eagles supporter Thomas Keneally has written a letter to Manly football club members urging them to re-elect the current board at the upcoming elections.

The letter will be sent out to Manly district football club members tomorrow and was also signed by nine other prominent Sea Eagles identities including former star players Terry Randall, Fred Jones and Mal Cochrane.

The other signatories are former coach and CEO Graham Lowe, ground announcer Grant Goldman, actor Simon Westaway, media personality Wendy Harmer, Eagles Angel Nici Andronicus and former Manly financial backer Max Delmege.

"It's well known in footy, that if you've got a good team combination, you stick to it," the letter said.

It said for the last nine years the Sea Eagles have made every final series, appeared in four grand finals and won two.

"That's a pretty amazing record and a credit to all the people involved with the Club at every level during that time," members will be told.

Manly Sea Eagle legend Terry Randall has backed the current Manly board.

"But there are those who think we need upheaval - that we should change that winning formula.

"We don't want to be like the Parramatta Eels, whose achievements over the last two years has been two wooden spoons - something Manly has never had since coming into the competition in 1947."

The letter said the current board of Bob Reilly, Darrell Williams, Bob Stevenson, Chris Jones, Rory Muscat and Cliff Lyons have been strong and effective in representing the football club members.

They will be opposed by a group made up of former players Ray Brown, Warren Jowett, Max Krilich and Alan Thompson along with former Australian water polo captain Debbie Watson and retired tax investigator Warwick Bulmer.

"It is about integrity, stability and harmony," Brown said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/author-thomas-keneallys-novel-approach-to-manly-footy-elections/story-fngr8iii-1226777223241

This letter clearly indicates that Debbie Watson does not have the support of the eagles angles as she made out in her interview with Dean Ritchie a few weeks ago. I know Mel G T is firmly in the current boards camp is goes with out saying .she served as a director and is close to the current board.

AN OPEN LETTER TO MANLY WARRINGAH RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB MEMBERS

Terry Randall – Sea Eagles Legend, four Premierships, Australian International

Fred Jones – Sea Eagles Legend, first Premiership winning captain, two premierships, Australian International

Graham Lowe – Former Sea Eagles Coach & CEO, Queensland & New Zealand coach

Mal Cochrane – Sea Eagles Legend, one premiership, Clive Churchill Medal winner

Tom Keneally – Award winning Australian author

Max Delmege – Club saviour

Grant Goldman – the Voice of the Sea Eagles, radio personality

Wendy Harmer – Eagles Angels Founder and media personality

Simon Westaway – Actor & Sea Eagles tragic

Nici Andronicus – Eagles Angel, Businesswomen & former elite triathlete

Dear Member

It’s well known in footy, that if you’ve got a good team combination, you stick to it.

For the last nine years, the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have made every final series, appeared in four grand finals and won two.

That’s a pretty amazing record and a credit to all the people involved with the Club at every level during that time.

We want that success to continue.

But there are those who think we need upheaval – that we should change that winning formula.

We don’t want to be like the Parramatta Eels, whose achievements over the last two years has been two wooden spoons – something Manly has never had since coming into the competition in 1947.

The upcoming Football Club elections are important.

We’re supporting the current Board - the MEMBERS TEAM - who deserve to be re-elected.

They’ve played their part in the Club’s success.

Importantly, they’ve been strong and effective in representing us, the Football Club Members.

And, when necessary, they’ve stood up to powerful, vested interests who have used the media to try and intimidate them.

Football Club Members need to be sure their two representatives on the Sea Eagles Board are strong, have your interests at heart and are independent.

You can trust the current Board to continue doing that.

Why change a winning formula?

If you can’t attend the AGM on the 19th of December, give Cliff Lyons or the Chair your proxy vote (download here).

GO MANLY and the MEMBERS TEAM!

Terry Randall

Fred Jones

Graham Lowe

Mal Cochrane

Tom Keneally

Max Delmege

Grant Goldman

Wendy Harmer

Simon Westaway

Nici Andronicus

These are the same people I have known for 40 odd years in support of Manly on the Peninsular.
They have my vote already delivered in a proxy :angel:

bones said:
Can anyone tell me in which year did the Penn's become part owners of the Sea Eagles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Manly-Warringah_Sea_Eagles#Penn_Buys_In

January 2006.

They did not help out in when the Club was about to be liquidated, that is why Max Delmege was approached.
Its all documented in the Public Domain.

I recall a media blitz back in the early 2003 when Drip and Bozo were lobbying for the total sale of the Manly Sea Eagles to the Penns.

This really pissed me off, as in 1999 as part of the Save Our Sea Eagles Group, privatization was what we suggested, but Stanton and the rest of the inept Board went for the abomination of a merger :mad:

However the monies Penn Sports wanted to pay would not have cleared the debt etc.
So Manly held on hoping for another Partner, but by 2005 the NAB wanted its monies :s

Would it be correct to say that the 'dysfunctional board' stories started not long after the Penns became part owners?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod as a self-proclaimed swinging voter it seems curious you only want to ask probing questions of the incumbents. (To which I see Bob has at least provided a response.)

Aren't you equally curious to know, for example, what 'harmony' means? Are they simply promising to be friendly and polite? Play soothing music at board meetings…!

I am being tongue in cheek, yet it's a serious question. Surely 2 former international rugby league hookers and a bunch of successful business persons aren't standing on a platform of promising to vote against their own 'mission and values' rather than risk upsetting anyone?

It might just be me (?!), but if you do happen to know the answer to that question it would assist greatly if you would share it!

SER8, it's the gospel true, I haven't made up my mind.
I can still go either way.

The reason for "only want to ask probing questions of the incumbents" is because I can't see dudes like Krilich, Brown, Jowett, Bulmer, Thompson, ever hanging out in public forums to read questionnaires or be proficient enough to navigate the net. I would have loved for them to come to this forum and let us all interrogate them. Furthermore, the "incumbents" are already in the mix of things and if they don't know, who else does?

Hence, my apologies to the current mob if I appear to target only them. That is not my intention.

By attempting to uncover some answers, I thought the "incumbents" may be able to supply "some" answers to allow us to piece the stories together for ourselves.

Alas, I don't expect that will happen as the indepth "mission, values and objectives" seemed covertly private and not for publication. I'm just being a skeptic but I was hoping those in the know could openly declare their stance to allow for public endorsement or opposition. Too risky?

Ramrod said:
...4. In the Manly Daily, Bob Reilly said, "his board fights for members rights"? Specifically?? Vague!...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
...It is harder ….. when both camps appear to be saying publicly something less than what they really perceive the issues to be...

Ramrod said:
...I'm just being a skeptic but I was hoping those in the know could openly declare their stance to allow for public endorsement or opposition...

Why? It's not a campaign for public office, it is for Football Club members only!!

Bob responded at Post #7 above and explained why certain matters shouldn't be aired publicly – and inviting members to contact him for answers.

Meanwhile, Your Team has just sent a new email promising a "new Board that will stand up for your rights". Just as vague as Reilly's comment, and probably for exactly the same reasons!

I've spoken with Max Krilich, and yesterday I spoke to Bob Stevenson, and unless I hear something entirely dramatic very soon, I'll be mailing my proxy off to Cliffy first thing Monday. Sorry Max, I am just too unclear about the Leagues Club link and how you could remain independent, and about how you would achieve 'harmony'. However for all members, the Max Krilich team also enclosed mobile numbers on their email so any members can give them a call...

PS I encourage everyone who loves following the Sea Eagles to join up, it's only $25 - and you get access to all the low-down ;)

Ramrod said:
Alas, I don't expect that will happen as the indepth "mission, values and objectives" seemed covertly private and not for publication. I'm just being a skeptic but I was hoping those in the know could openly declare their stance to allow for public endorsement or opposition. Too risky?

Hi Ramrod,
I'm still open to take a call from you?

However, in the meantime to address your point above - Not quite sure what would lead to a perception of any covert "mission, values and objectives" ?

They are very clearly stated on the club website

http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/goals

These were put together by the members around 10 years ago, voted upon and agreed and have been in place ever since.

They form the foundation for any strategy and decision making and as such are what we the board are bound to support and protect.

Football Club Goals

Protect the Football Club's rights under the PREFERENCE SHARE issued to the Football Club by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd ("MWSE").
Maintain the independence of the Football Club from all Private Shareholders of MWSE.
Protect and represent the interests of Football Club members in relation to the MWSE.
Protect the history and traditions of the Football Club and the MWSE.
Ensure the long term continued participation of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the premier, national rugby league competition in Australia.
Ensure the MWSE continues to represent the Northern Beaches of Sydney for the long term.
Promote the long term solvency of the MWSE.
Football Club will continue to use surplus funds to acquire further equity in MWSE as required under the Football Club's Constitution, but "buying back" the Sea Eagles is not a realistic and active goal of the Football Club at this time.

Football Club Position on MWSE Structure

Football Club supports the MWSE having an Independent Chairman and that the position may be a paid position.
Football Club supports the MWSE always having at least two (2), but preferably three (3) or more, Private Shareholders.
Football Club supports all Private Shareholders of MWSE having equal shareholding and equal voting rights on the Board of MWSE.
Football Club supports all Private Shareholders being absolutely and totally independent of each other in every respect.
Football Club's right to appoint 2 Directors to the Board of MWSE and thereby actively and fully participate in all aspects of the management and operation of MWSE is a PREFERENCE SHARE right that exists irrespective of whether the Football Club holds ordinary shares in the MWSE or not and irrespective of whether the Football Club participates in the on-going funding of MWSE or not.
The Members only agreed to privatisation on basis that the rights given to the Football Club under the PREFERENCE SHARE (name, colours, home ground location and right to appoint 2 Directors) were guaranteed to the Football Club in perpetuity. All Private Shareholders chose to invest on that basis. The PREFERENCE SHARE cannot and will not be changed.

Boards are over hyped, overrated and usually a job for the boys/girls groups.
Boards in themselves are fine but the people elected are usually in it for themselves to either;

1) Maintain a presence within the business community in a networking capacity.
2) For a little extra pocket money(if it is a paid position)
3) To keep their name around in the fold for future job prospects within the organisation or other businesses linked to the club or corporation.
4) Enjoy the status within the community of being a board member.

I'm always wary of people on boards, it is very rare to find someone who's heart is genuinely in it for the love of the club.

Past players and B/C grade business men and women tend to use boards to further their own agendas and use cliche lines like "representing the members interests", or "Love of the club" as throw away lines without any real substance---more a case of lacking any real to the heart to the core ideas on why they should be on the board.

As for players caring about the board and the need for harmony what a load of crap. All the players care about like any other person with a job is that they are paid on time, without fuss and without the stress they will not get paid due to the business going under.

Yes a stable board is good for business but what is more important is that the business is making money and paying it's bills.(a stable board does not guarantee the club will make money/profit) Any business/club struggling to pay it's bills increases the chances of having a board at each others throats and people use this situation to enter boards for their own agendas/profile.

Conversely a business or club making good profits can also have a board full of people wanting their share of the pie or outsiders see an opportunity for themselves to enter the pie eating contest so you really can't win.

Not against boards and what they stand for just find it hard to trust most who are on them.

Chip and Chase said:
jbb/james said:
I would have thought the obvious question was.
Can the initial constitution ( about colors, logos and where they play etc) be over ruled, changed by a board vote.

From the rumblings and innuendo about gosford and official names etc i presume it can.

Anything after that is small bikkies really

I think that would require an EGM and be voted on by members. I don't think the board can change the constitution in that respect.

If thats the case, its puts a lot of the innuendo about moving to the central coast etc as a deterrent in voting right off the table and nothing but spin.

Again if thats the case the promoters of such spin are not being truthful at all.

Technical Coach said:
Boards are over hyped, overrated and usually a job for the boys/girls groups.
Boards in themselves are fine but the people elected are usually in it for themselves to either;

1) Maintain a presence within the business community in a networking capacity.
2) For a little extra pocket money(if it is a paid position)
3) To keep their name around in the fold for future job prospects within the organisation or other businesses linked to the club or corporation.
4) Enjoy the status within the community of being a board member.

I'm always wary of people on boards, it is very rare to find someone who's heart is genuinely in it for the love of the club.

Past players and B/C grade business men and women tend to use boards to further their own agendas and use cliche lines like "representing the members interests", or "Love of the club" as throw away lines without any real substance---more a case of lacking any real to the heart to the core ideas on why they should be on the board.

As for players caring about the board and the need for harmony what a load of crap. All the players care about like any other person with a job is that they are paid on time, without fuss and without the stress they will not get paid due to the business going under.

Yes a stable board is good for business but what is more important is that the business is making money and paying it's bills.(a stable board does not guarantee the club will make money/profit) Any business/club struggling to pay it's bills increases the chances of having a board at each others throats and people use this situation to enter boards for their own agendas/profile.

Conversely a business or club making good profits can also have a board full of people wanting their share of the pie or outsiders see an opportunity for themselves to enter the pie eating contest so you really can't win.

Not against boards and what they stand for just find it hard to trust most who are on them.

Some good points TC. From what I see if the board is doing well and the brand is progressing and we are in the top 20% of teams year in year out why change the FC board.

vidmar said:
Ramrod said:

Hi Ramrod,
I'm still open to take a call from you?

However, in the meantime to address your point above - Not quite sure what would lead to a perception of any covert "mission, values and objectives" ?

They are very clearly stated on the club website

http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/goals

These were put together by the members around 10 years ago, voted upon and agreed and have been in place ever since.

They form the foundation for any strategy and decision making and as such are what we the board are bound to support and protect.

Football Club Goals

Protect the Football Club's rights under the PREFERENCE SHARE issued to the Football Club by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd ("MWSE").
Maintain the independence of the Football Club from all Private Shareholders of MWSE.
Protect and represent the interests of Football Club members in relation to the MWSE.
Protect the history and traditions of the Football Club and the MWSE.
Ensure the long term continued participation of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the premier, national rugby league competition in Australia.
Ensure the MWSE continues to represent the Northern Beaches of Sydney for the long term.
Promote the long term solvency of the MWSE.
Football Club will continue to use surplus funds to acquire further equity in MWSE as required under the Football Club's Constitution, but "buying back" the Sea Eagles is not a realistic and active goal of the Football Club at this time.

Football Club Position on MWSE Structure

Football Club supports the MWSE having an Independent Chairman and that the position may be a paid position.
Football Club supports the MWSE always having at least two (2), but preferably three (3) or more, Private Shareholders.
Football Club supports all Private Shareholders of MWSE having equal shareholding and equal voting rights on the Board of MWSE.
Football Club supports all Private Shareholders being absolutely and totally independent of each other in every respect.
Football Club's right to appoint 2 Directors to the Board of MWSE and thereby actively and fully participate in all aspects of the management and operation of MWSE is a PREFERENCE SHARE right that exists irrespective of whether the Football Club holds ordinary shares in the MWSE or not and irrespective of whether the Football Club participates in the on-going funding of MWSE or not.
The Members only agreed to privatisation on basis that the rights given to the Football Club under the PREFERENCE SHARE (name, colours, home ground location and right to appoint 2 Directors) were guaranteed to the Football Club in perpetuity. All Private Shareholders chose to invest on that basis. The PREFERENCE SHARE cannot and will not be changed.

Great. This is what I'm after.
Guess I didn't look too hard for where to find the info.
Thanks again, Vidmar.

Neil Evans has just started a twitter campaign to oust the incumbents :p
He had the mike all year, yet no hint of dysfunctionality was reported till the pay cheques stopped :huh:

Drip and Stumpy, sound like match made in grudge heaven :cool:
Perry will be 2 Xmass cards short this year.

HappilyManly said:
He had the mike all year, yet no hint of dysfunctionality was reported till the pay cheques stopped :huh:

I herd on the grape vine that Evans was not up to the job so his contract didn't get renewed. He lobbied board members who backed perrys decision . zorba has told him and others that the krilitch ticket will dump Perry and Evans may get his job back. These blokes are a joke. All about self interest and nothing to do with members rights.. If this is right then there is huge risk in changing the board. The thing is I have herd it from 3 different people now .

HappilyManly said:

Lets see. Neil Evans and Ryan... Or Max Delmege, Thomas Keneally, Graham Lowe, Mal Cochrane, Terry Randall and Wendy Harmer? Hmmm... Difficult decision.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6