Questions and Answers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for getting back guys...CW no worries as I wasn't refering to you with the Slag fest reference - you asked valid questions and the more people who asks these types of questions the more apparent it will become to our executive as to our concerns and what they need to address..as mentioned I hope to get back this week with more info.

Cliffy...good question also mate, rest assured there is a lot of activity behind the scenes to get an understanding of the motives of the 3 councillors and to understand their concerns prior to the meeting on Tuesday but realistically any action needs to come from the community not private owners as such as this of course will be seen as a "corporation"trying to protect its financial interests?

C & C - Good to read your post and a nice way to wrap up...glad you will be a FC member and you are right we need many more...I look forward to catching up on Tuesday

Cheers
Vidmar

Just as a side point: In this day and age I want to be able to go to a url - sign up for membership online pay using paypal or via cc and be done in less than two min - make it that easy and your membership numbers will increase dramatically.

Thanks Missing Something and I fully agree and it is on the list as part as moving forward

As the membership admin is done by the Leagues CLub and they currently don't have that facility there are 4 ways you can join currently...

1. By going in person to the Leagues Club
2. Over the phone by calling (02) 9939 6722 and paying by credit card
3. By fax
4. By mail

You can download an application form from here:

http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/assets/documents/football%20club%20application%20-%20nov%202008.pdf

Membership runs from January to December and is just $25 a year

Although the 2010 cards haven't been printed as yet you can join now for 2010 and your card will be mailed out to you when they have been printed.

If you need a card to get access to the Leagues Club a temporary 2009 can be issued and then your 2010 card sent to you later.

The Leagues Club reception is open 7 days a week 10.00am - 7.00pm

Cheers
Vidmar

Ok it's not often I throw my weight around on this site, but there comes a time every few months when I really have little other choice than to say my piece.

After I have said this little point, I will allow a little time for it to be read and then close or delete the topic.

1 - The continued debate around membership, FC and the relative merits of such is unbecoming to both sides, and that way in which it is being approached is far from winning members.

2 - This site, whilst a place to discuss topics about Manly, and to some extent to advertise the Sea Eagles and their brand, is not a place to be an out and out membership drive. Next year I will be Happily placing advertising and links for both Membership and Marks trips (in most cases completely fee free, I don't want a financial interest in that)

3 - Shaming people into becoming members is a good way to lose the customers (That is what members are) who are likely to have the pull to attract other customers who were not previously likely to become members.

It is well documented that I am not and never have been any form of MWSE, FC or other member, though I would be interested to see how you could point me out as any less of a fan for it, given the work I do, do for this site, and therefore the Sea Eagles.

I want to here and forever state, that I do not want to see anymore bull**** disclaiming anyones rights to anything based on the fact they are not a member.

4 - Of all the Sea Eagles fans around the traps, those on this site are relatively few, including those that do not post but simply view, likewise MWSE. Over all with the two sites combined we would be lucky to have a reach of even 30% of supporters and fans out there. We have over 1000 members on here, of those only about 500 would be legit and still view I would say.

5 - I plan on providing a place where you can direct your questions about membership etc, and I plan on allowing an entire dedicated page to membership, the page will however be static without interactive content, and I will happily update it with additional information or changes as required. However I hope that any confusion in regards can either be posted directly to the club or the question and answers can be discussed, NOT DEBATED in a separate forum I plan to setup, again, a simple question and answer format, not an advertisement, not a debate.

I am siding with neither party here, I am just sick of seeing the footy forums fictionalized down these lines, when we there is football to discuss.

6 - That MWSE has not set up an instant sign up and payment process on their site, linked directly to an internal CRM, even if that CRM is a free one, is ridiculous, this technology has been around, available and free for over 8 years. It would take literally less than an hour to set up configure and have running, and would save backend staff hours and days of work as well as cutting down the lead time for customers. This was something I proposed to the club years ago, and  was essentially laughed at.

7 - The different levels of memberships is and will forever be confusing under its current format, sure if you are a member here you  may be occasionally enlightened but not your average joe on the street. 1 type of membership, 3 - 4 different levels, all support the team on the field, that is how it should be.

8 - Whether you like it or not, we are in a consumer generation Y world. People want value for money, and simply saying "this supports the team" is not in 99% of the peoples eyes, value for money! Increasing the cost by $10 but providing t-shirts or other cheaply obtained merch will always see a greater uptake than forum access or whatever. Say what you will but that is a cold hard fact

9 - You will find many many people dislike the current system and set up of the club, and the football club is archaic both in it's ideas, setup and direction, this is not a personal attack, but it is true that the current setup is holding us back from moving forward. I am sick to death of people stating the obvious and then being howled down personally simply because they dont agree with how things are currently done. People are of many varied and personal opinions, deal with that fact and stop the personal sniping. There are many on these pages who have outstanding business acumen and many are leaders in their fields. With that said, every company operates differently and we all need to accept the fact that MWSE operates the way it does, for better or for worse.

10 - An additional note on the above. No-one can argue that Max has done some great things for this club, no-one and likewise with the Penn's though they seem to get a lot less credit.
Furthermore, no-one can debate that Max has done some terrible things for the club either, and I share that opinion. The way the whole Mayer debate was handled was childish and underhanded, and to me put a certain label on Max, that I certainly dont see him shaking in my opinion.

Max comes from a certain industry which allows many to make their fortunes. The Penns are well known and varied business men, they deserve more credit and credence than they get.

Again I fall on neither side in this whole debate, it's none of my business and I simply have far too many other things to worry about, but you respect one side, you respect the other, you disrespect one side then you disrespect the other.

Really thats all I can be bothered writing for now. I dont see these discussions as healthy in any way shape and form for any involved part and they certainly are not assisting with membership drive. It's high time the club hired both a PR manager and promotions and advertisement management, not from within the sport or club but externally. A PR management company would sort this crap out in a day, advertising and promotions companies would also help.

Dan

There goes your reputation of having no clue Dan.

good post, and i very rarely say that about yours :)

Thanks Dan,

You have always been very supportive in supporting the Sea Eagles, The Football Club and even the initiative for selling No one likes us T shirts to raise funds towards the re-development of Brookie Oval.

I have a reasonable idea as to why you have taken the steps to post above and I fully support your motives and the post…we are all Manly fans and ultimately want the best for the club, granted there will always be differences of opinion but agree that these should be discussed and debated factually and the politics of people left out of the mix.

Just a couple of points re the above though?

Mention re MWSE not having on-line payment...this is actually in place and has been for a fair while so that memberships can be paid for, merchandise bought and even bus trips, social functions booked and paid for etc.

It is the Leagues Club that doesn’t have this facility (hence the Football Club memberships can’t be paid for on-line at present)

Thanks re mention of static pages for membership and separate forums etc and I will keep in contact off line with you re this?

Cheers
Vidmar

Dan link said:
After I have said this little point, I will allow a little time for it to be read and then close or delete the topic.

Fascist ! ;)

No problems Vid.

I just see the continued debate of these things, are more likely to cause further factions rather than reaching the ultimate goal of all which is the continued success and in fact continued existence of the Team and Club.

I would rather see discussion on the football team and the game in general than administrative battles that will never be won or agreed upon

Hear hear on the last point Dan!!

The last 2 or 3 days hasn't done my blood pressure any good so I may take a rest from this site for a while. I love talking football, teams (yes I love Ryans YART's), current players, future players, past players, performances (good and bad) BUT there are no winners in what has transpired on this forum over the last little bit.

I appreciate that people do have different opinions to mine and really quite enjoy it when they then detail why they actually have them. We are all human beings and the fact that I like Corona and Lime and you might like Tooheys Draught shouldn't mean we have to let that degenerate into an online argument over our views.

Spirited debate on why one tastes better than the other by all means but any more than that (when we are all on the same "team"...no pun intended) is not what I am on this earth for.

We are working on some new developments for the Travelling Supportahs Tours (and yes I do make a small amount of money from them, after all it's what I do) in 2010 and it would be great to see some of your Silvertails come along, a few of you do already but it would be great to see a lot more, at the end of the day we are after all, Manly supporters!!

I have met a few of you throughout the year and hope to meet many more of you in 2010.

Have fun during the off season.

My final contribution. Growing FC membership is only going to increase factionalism, not lessen it.  It's predicated on giving the FC more muscle to flex.  Until FC and Screaming Eagles memberships are combined (and that will take swallowing of pride from *both* parties) this issue will bubble away - and focus will be on these issues rather than fighting those without that would tear us down.

I hope I'm wrong on this BTW.

From where I stand Matabele's suggestion makes a lot of sense - one membership to one club and a simplified process. There may be good reasons why not (constitutionally for instance) but having the whole club singing off the same song-sheet should be a realistic aim. Good luck to those trying to sort out the matter - and enjoy any sandwiches you pick up on tne way!!! :) :) :)

The locked icon means the post is locked, you two have greater permissions so can reply. But please refrain from doing so.

I am deleting yours posts in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4