Quentin Pongia......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
"One of rugby league’s toughest players of modern times, Quentin Pongia, is fighting a brave battle against cancer.
A hard-as-nails prop in the rugged era of the 1990s, Pongia played 35 times for his native New Zealand and had a long and distinguished decade-long career for the Raiders, Warriors, Roosters and Dragons as well as English club Wigan.
Last year, Manly appointed Pongia as Wellbeing Officer because of the high esteem he is held in by young Indigenous players.
He recently underwent surgery and is fighting the good fight, getting plenty of support from former team mates as well as the Men of League organisation.
“I’m in hospital at the moment recovering from a fairly lengthy operation to remove a tumour from my bowel,” Pongia, aged 48, told Wide World of Sports.
“I’m on the mend now and pray I can overcome this moving forward.”

Sad to hear about Quentin......wishing him a speedy & permanent recovery so he can get back & be part of the new Manly era. Great player on the field & great ambassador off it! Hope he continues with us in his role as Wellbeing Officer. All the best mate!

Played Masters against his NZ team 3 years ago and he was fit and ripped....still plays tough but fair and after the game was in great spirits and friendly as you would ever meet.
Hope his recovery is good - shows this crap disease can jump over anyone even in peak condition - every healthy day should be appreciated....

Best of luck to Quentin for a speedy recovery.

Always considered him an "elder statesman" of league during his playing days due to his silver sidewings & dignified composure onfield, even though he's only a year older than me.

Go as hard at it as you did as a player Quentin and you'll smash it.
Thoughts and prayers big fella, we need you back on board.

IMG_20190412_201335.jpg

Where the hell is Billinudgel?
Can we buy tickets online ?

@The Wheel can you find out if it's possible to just donate the $100 please

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4