Qld team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
1. Matt BOWEN North Queensland Cowboys
2. Greg INGLIS Melbourne Storm
3. Justin HODGES Brisbane Broncos
4. Brent TATE Brisbane Broncos
5. Steven BELL Manly Sea Eagles
6. Darren LOCKYER (c) Brisbane Broncos
7. Johnathan THURSTON North Queensland Cowboys
8. Steven PRICE New Zealand Warriors
9. Cameron SMITH Melbourne Storm
10. Petero CIVONICEVA Brisbane Broncos
11. David STAGG Brisbane Broncos
12. Matthew SCOTT North Queensland Cowboys
13. Dallas JOHNSON Melbourne Storm

14. Shaun BERRIGAN Brisbane Broncos
15. Carl WEBB North Queensland Cowboys
16. Sam THAIDAY Brisbane Broncos
17. Nate MYLES Bulldogs

Good to see Bell got picked,
even better to see a few storm players playing SOO as well

Good to see origin selectors know what Karmicheal's form is really like!!

Congrats to steve bell!!

Probably the best side they could possibly come up with.. no excuses this year!!

Tate surprises me i would have gone with an under done tonga before tate but oh well

Good to see origin selectors know what Karmicheal's form is really like!!

Congrats to steve bell!!

Probably the best side they could possibly come up with.. no excuses this year!!

Tate surprises me i would have gone with an under done tonga before tate but oh well

Agreed, Nutzcraw.

Especially on Karmicheal - even though he had a pretty good game against us, he's not legitimately in the Qld top 17 let alone the Aust top 17. I'd reckon his Aust selection must've been to make him ineligible for future Kiwi selection, nothing more.

Well done Bell, Beaver and Kite :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Good to see some Eagles back in the teams again.
I lean towards a close Maroon victory on those lineups, but it ain't gonna happen - 'Carn the Blues'. :drunk:

Bell on the wing is a waste when they have genuine flyers like Wiliams and Sing etc He will do a few hit ups but is a genuine gap runner than a speed man out wide. Well done on his selection but what has Tate done to get the call. He is quicker and has played wing before.

A big factor this year is that if both sides win their home game the decider will be played in Melbourne. No home advantage to the Blues.

A big factor this year is that if both sides win their home game the decider will be played in Melbourne. No home advantage to the Blues.
If the Maroons lose you can bet on them having more chips on their shoulders than a timber worker.

I think putting Bell on the wing in that team is a good move!!

He is renowned for his finishing off prowess and that is why he is there, he is also tall and can hold his own against the big blues wingers... I don't know how many remember but when St George played against us, as much as i don't like to admit gasnier was running past Steve Bell alot...

They obviously think Tate can hold his own in defence against Gaz and Bell and Hodges is a pretty potent weapon down the right hand side i think.

Bell should be in the centres with Tate on the wing, Tate has more experience on the wing in 1st grade and rep level. I have never seen Bell play wing.

Bell on the wing is a waste when they have genuine flyers like Wiliams and Sing etc He will do a few hit ups but is a genuine gap runner than a speed man out wide. Well done on his selection but what has Tate done to get the call. He is quicker and has played wing before.

Sing is retired from rep footy and Williams has a broken leg.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

Sing is retired from rep footy and Williams has a broken leg.

[/quote]
Thanks for that. Good to have the right facts. I still think they should have Bell in the centres.

I note that Willie Tonga has been overlooked and that Bowman and Hannay didn't get a look in. (I know Hannay is playing PL!)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4