Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I'll be attending the pre match function in Albury and Joe Kelly will be attending for a Q & A
So post your questions below ( keep them civil )
And I'll see what I can do to get them to him

What is the plan for using our cap space?

How will you fill the void in the halves? What is the desired outcome? No names but what kind of mix of experience, outside or inside the club, etc.

How are you going to address the issues with our forwards? Similar to halves question.

What is being done to keep our boom youngsters at Manly?

Why are so many of our players fat?

Are you plotting a Major League style tank job to move the team to Florida?

Do the players like you - yes/no? (ask this first as it is most important)

1) Is the reported rift between senior Players and 2v being mediated?
2) Will the Club release a Media Stmt to indicate 2v's tenure?
3) Will the Club acknowledge DCE's service and departure via Media Stmnt like the one for Foran ?
4) Do Manly have another Major Sponsor to replace Kaspersky from 2016?
5) Who is responsible for liasing with Warringah Cncl's ground staff?

1) Do we have a goal kick trainer?
follow up to yes
2) Good to hear. Can we employ a better one ?
follow up to no
3) I believe Joey used to kick goals, not sure if you knew that..

Q: which stadium is the club planning to take our other home game from Brookie to this season?

Advice to Joe - from one balding man to another - shave the head mate, it's liberating ;)

Didn't you work for Chelsea? (As if we didn't know already.)

But on a serious note:

Is 2V's job safe for this year and next as per his contract?

Why did you frig around with DCE's contract offer when he reported that he had almost signed on the dotted line before the change in ownership happened?

Did the club actually want to retain DCE or did they orchestrate a plan to have him move on?

Is the club looking at another coach for next year and if so whom?

How are you progressing with getting funding for the upgrade of Brookvale, if at all?

Are you well on the way in getting new sponsor for next year and how confident are you in getting one?

Is all of this just a plan to reduce the club to rubble and then be 'forced' to be relocated to the Central Coast and get a motza from the NRL in relocation expenses?

Is there a hidden agenda anywhere by admin, coaching staff or players?

Do you really give a sh!t about the fans or do you just issue political spin to us? (I ask this because I hear very little in the way of communication about anything about the club and what we get appears to be simply rhetoric.)

Are you really acting honestly and in the best of faith in your fiduciary position as executives of this great club? Or are you in breach of your fiduciary obligations as recent past performance may allegedly indicate when one reads various news articles about the unrest at Manly etc?

Do you understand that we mere fans are REALLY unhappy at the moment? Or do you just don't give a flying toss?

The fans knew that Foran was leaving last August.

Surely the club knew as well. Then why wasn't our offer for Foran pulled last year and the money used to sign DCE?

Who will be our half and 5/8 for next year now that you have lost our existing ones?

Last edited:
You have been the Manly CEO for just over 5 months now. What are the most significant improvements you have made for the club during this time? How do you rate your performance as CEO in this time?

Brief outline of your job and that of the Head Coach and in what areas might they overlap?

The fans knew that Foran was leaving last August.

Surely the club knew as well. Then why wasn't our offer for Foran pulled last year and the money used to sign DCE?

Who will be our half and 5/8 for next year now that you have lost our existing ones?

This definitely needs to be asked

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4