Putting my head on the block.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
After todays performance, and looking at the games that lye ahead. Manly will struggle to make the 8. No matter where we sit right now, I doubt a top four for sure. And as for the 8. Well, thats it. 8th will be our best bet, if our thrashings at the hands of Dragons, Souths dont play a part in For + Against.

That was depressing. But no need to slit your wrist yet fLIP. The results went against all the top teams except Storm and we are still equal second.

we are one bye up on the teams in 6th - 8th

also - that game was not that bad, got beaten by a better side who had a few good bounces of the ball to blow out the scoreboard (2 times the ball had a deflection forward but not played at)

Despite our extraordinary start to the season, I don't think anyone could honestly say that they expect us to be top 4 side (except the most ardent "true supporter"). After last year I think most people on here would have been happy with us scraping into the 8. So to be in the position we are in at the moment is a bonus. We should make the 8, we have a bye left and 4 home games. So I think we will hang in there for another win or two.

We don't have the class just yet to be a genuine top 4 premiership threat, but we are definitely building on a good core. I really hope we have some good news come July 1st.

I agree with Flip. We will struggle big time from here on. We are starting to get rolled heavily quite frequently.

Chip and Chase is full of intelligent comment. Thers is a fair bit to run on this year yet. Short of class and depth but overperforming!

We will make the 8. The scoreline wasn't a good indication of the game. Dessie has a lot to improve on. We'll win at least 4 more games.

Just relax, the bulldogs played very well. We didn't. But we will learn from it.

What im most worried about guys, and this is why im getting a little concerned. We struggled against the nights last weekend. We should have burried them in a 60 point thrashing but we just didn't put anything together except for a 20 min burst that came I presume after a des hasler spray in the sheds at 1/2 time.

We had a great win over the roosters, I was quite happy with that win but the souths game? Players out is no excuse to be beaten by 40 against them.

This week, we played the most injury ravaged side after newcastle and came up short. We we're smashed by brisbane (not so hard to understand) were the first team to lose to the dragons.

I posted a poll not to long ago that lasted about 2 days but basically compared to the defesive efforts at the start of the season, the last 8 rounds have seen us conceed nearly 150 more points!!! That is a shocking figure.

Thats an average of "3" trys EXTRA per game. That is an alarming igure and when you factor the run we have once our bye is gone, Its going to be a very tough run to the finals. Im not saying we won't be in the 8, its too easy from here on in considering the bye up our sleves but I do say we will sit very low in the 8 come finals time.

The only thing with this weeks lost is cause almost all the top sides lost it doesnt really hurt us, it is just a bummer we didnt get into second by ourselves.

As long as we bounce back we will be fine. Still a top 4 finish for my mind.

Our draw is a horror. Cronulla, Canberra and Penrith away - all hoodoo grounds.

Brisbane, Cowboys and St G all at home with the Warriors as well, who are redisovering their form.

Add Tigers and Knights away. Tigers will be hard to beat as we have more than a full pack out and Newcastle are getting back on the rails.

stress not comrades!! we havent had a form slump all year, when the origin is over things will get better. we are still a couple of class players away from real premiership contenders but we are going to get priceless semi final experience which only a handful of players have had. if that doesnt make our boys hungry for more in 2007 they should be playing netball! we'll be right, dont throw in the towel just yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4