Punch now a professional foul

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just another excuse to soften up the game.

Before we know it we will be playing touch footy because tackling is too dangerous.

I hope if NSW is losing they start a fight anyway just to prove a point.

What's next Oz Tag, Pistols at 20 metres , we all play the game "online"......I blame the wanker Queenslanders who were " Horrified at poor Natie copping a few in the chin", hope the pricks lose 3-0

He's not actually Mark from Brisbane, he is Mark in Brisbane :)

The problem is making a one-size-fits-all rule.
It can't work in all situations. Sometimes they should get 10, sometimes they should get nothing. Sometimes they should get sent off.

I know of three young blokes that have been forced to switch to soccer by their mothers. And everyone of them had the same reason. Not the biff,not the physical nature of the game, they were increasingly coming up against Maori/Islander giants weighing in excess of 100kg. These boys only averaged around 65kg in weight, they were getting some serious injuries. The only rule they need to introduce to keep the parents happy would be bringing about the weight divisions as they do in Auckland.

Aka mark from mooree.

I hope two teamd have an all in punch up and every player goes into the bin

wombatgc said:
I know of three young blokes that have been forced to switch to soccer by their mothers. And everyone of them had the same reason. Not the biff,not the physical nature of the game, they were increasingly coming up against Maori/Islander giants weighing in excess of 100kg, averaging 65kg, they were getting some serious injuries. The only rule they need to keep the parents happy would be bringing about the weight divisions as they do in Auckland.

Weight but same age its unfait for some bigger young blokes to have to play up a few years becsuse of their size

Mark from Brisbane said:
What's next Oz Tag, Pistols at 20 metres , we all play the game "online"......I blame the wanker Queenslanders who were " Horrified at poor Natie copping a few in the chin", hope the pricks lose 3-0

The only reason QLDER's will be horrified is because we won't be able to smack Grub Gallen with impunity in game two as we should be able to.

Blame maggot Gallen Mark, his cowardly, cat attack is the instigation behind this new rule.

Although to be fair he will need protection from now on; big mouth ********** that he is.

COMMANDER said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

The only reason QLDER's will be horrified is because we won't be able to smack Grub Gallen with impunity in game two as we should be able to.

Blame maggot Gallen Mark, his cowardly, cat attack is the instigation behind this new rule.

Although to be fair he will need protection from now on; big mouth ********** that he is.

Shame they didn't ban this dog act

Explosion of leg-twisting in Origin

That is a true cowardly act from low life scum, this can rub a person out for an entire season. The person on the receiving end of that cheap shot has no means of defence or retaliation - that is until they smack the living **** out of them the next time they are face to face on the park.....

Kiwi Eagle said:
Try and keep it a bit cleaner commander

Yeah ok mate I'll keep that in mind.

voicefromthehill said:
COMMANDER said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Shame they didn't ban this dog act

Explosion of leg-twisting in Origin

That is a true cowardly act from low life scum, this can rub a person out for an entire season. The person on the receiving end of that cheap shot has no means of defence or retaliation - that is until they smack the living s**t out of them the next time they are face to face on the park.....

Don't agree with the Sydney media take on it; I'm sure if he looked at the tape from the same game he'd see as many instances of grubbiness from NSW.

Would be happy for you to point them out - I certainly noticed the leg twisting and attempted head butts from my QLD brethren, and apart from the best three punch combo seen on the field in years I saw nothing.

voicefromthehill said:
Would be happy for you to point them out - I certainly noticed the leg twisting and attempted head butts from my QLD brethren, and apart from the best three punch combo seen on the field in years I saw nothing.

"Best three punch combo" what a joke. Pretty easy to put a combo together on a guy who has just been stiff armed by a coward who was third man in to a tackle and then tee's off against a bloke with his hands down.

This new rule ensures Grub shouldn't be expecting it; which is quite the conundrum for me.

voicefromthehill said:
Typical QLDer loves it when they win the fight - but bitches and moans when they get their arse handed to them. Steve Price anyone....

In fairness to Qld after Price did get laid out they did respond with the Qld spirit and hard tough play of kicking the ball to the smallest man on the park and attempting to smash him

To be fair Nate Myles deserved some sort of " square up" for the crap he'd been doing in game 1, and for a long time before that.....I think the Gallen punch was pretty poor form BUT he was no doubt very angry. Personally I think Myles should have been cited, his tackling style ( leading with the head) needs to be rubbed out. But I can understand the Queenslanders ( and their media) going off as it did look really bad.

Such a pity the biff is gone, I don't condone thuggery but lets face it all of us here love a bit of it, especially in Origin.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
He's not actually Mark from Brisbane, he is Mark in Brisbane :)

The problem is making a one-size-fits-all rule.
It can't work in all situations. Sometimes they should get 10, sometimes they should get nothing. Sometimes they should get sent off.

In the dim dark ages I started as Mark from Moree......live here ( and enjoy it for 362 days of the year) but NEVER a Queenslander

I think gallen said "we exchanged words, he knew what was going on, what did he think we were going to do exvhange numbers?" Or something to that effect

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4