Punch now a professional foul

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
This really deserves a whole topic on it's own.
WTF is this independent commission thinking? A punch now is an automatic 10 minutes in the bin, what a stupid rule, and I can't believe where they are trying to take the game. It's turning into a hugathon and love fest.

Lets start getting rid of the dives and wrestling which are the real problems in the game rather than wasting time on on banning something that just about every fan of the game loves, a good old fashion dust up.

We are now in a position where there is a potential for every single player bar one or two to end up in the bin, I mean what happens if we get a punch up like the cattledog punch up, there wouldn't be a player left on the field. Or a smart team would try to get just about everyone involved bar one or two players on their own team and be 2 on none for 10 minutes...then again who would be left to kick off at the other end.

Absolutely ridiculous, I am actually going to write a letter about this to the NRL, because its just dumb knee jerk stuff and they are trying to remove the essence of what makes this very tough game what it is.

If i were a ref, I would refuse to police this rule and just go with a penalty. Honestly, it's going to turn into a touch footy soon. The diving, banning the big hit i.e. the shoulder charge and now banning punching.

dumb and lame, who the F is running this game, winnie the pooh?

The Who said:
What's Judy? A professional rooster?

I know it's Sunday, but there is no excuse for the absolutely poor quality of that Dad joke, not even I would have told that one

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-to-show-zero-tolerance-for-footy-violence/story-fndv2twz-1226664374292

So now the nigglers, milkers, divers...generally cowards are getting the game handed to them.

It's like the arrogance of the admin thinking they have the 'worlds best game' means they think they can just do anything to it.

@Dan you should have a 'petition' piece so we can all be a part of your letter.

There should be a 5 min sin bin anyway. 'min sin bin' teehee

edit: Anderson should be fixing up his own deplorable refs first.

Time to see some afl style 'jersey hits'

Punches stem from ref's not doing their jobs properly.

Fights in nhl have not equaled mums not letting their kids play.

globaleagle said:
So now the nigglers, milkers, divers...generally cowards are getting the game handed to them.

It's like the arrogance of the admin thinking they have the 'worlds best game' means they think they can just do anything to it.

@Dan you should have a 'petition' piece so we can all be a part of your letter.

There should be a 5 min sin bin anyway. 'min sin bin' teehee

Yeah I am thinking I am going to start a petition and get signatures to send on. Then we can spread the word to other sites. They say they are listening to fans...yeah right

Whilst Boxing is an Olympic Sport, I don't get the NRL hysteria about grown men throwing a few on rare occasions.

Gifty got sent for 10 when he didn't throw a punch, so which Referee will sacrifice a Team to playing one man short, only for the MRC to exonerate them? :mad:

The old chestnut of Mum's not letting kids play League, due to it being aggressive, is ludicrous.
None of my friend's teenage kids take any notice of their Parent's wishes - they all hang out with their mates and they are the ones being listened to.

Why does Mrs Burgess allow all of her brood to play NRL, have the NRL asked an actual Mum her opinion?

If the NRL insist on turning the game into touch footy, they will have to reduce the price of tickets.
TV ratings will also fall if substandard games are a factor, due to an uneven number of Players being on the field.
The betting market will be rife with matches being fixed by an Opposition Player baiting a hothead like Choc, Gal et al.

The appeal of NRL is its aggression along with the athleticism of huge humans.

Knee jerk reaction at its worst - the ARLC are contaminating League with Soccer ideas:mad:

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
exactly right, just over the top, not to mention the worlds fastest growing sport, UFC!

How long until the players have to wear a meter to measure the force in a tackle, and if a tackle is too hard it is 10 in the bin

Absolute joke of a ruling

Yup just stupid. This is one I really think we need to start sending to the NRL to tell them what we actually want as fans

Stupid knee jerk reaction. Is this because the CEO is worried about a square up in origin 2?

I am sick about hearing is not good for the kids. I have 2 boys who play league and they know that it is wrong. In an age of ufc and everyone taking their kids to martial arts, I don't understand the fuss in the is fight in league every now and then

Results: Bin for some biff?

It looks like that there are more people agreeing with the new ban than not.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-to-show-zero-tolerance-for-footy-violence/story-fndv2twz-1226664374292

Thanks for voting!
Do you agree with NRL plan to ban the biff?

Yes 53.36% (2858 votes)
No 42.61% (2282 votes)
Undecided 4.03% (216 votes)

Total votes: 5356

More insanity from NRL.

Ban the shoulder charge to keep the media sooks, jealous AFL jocks & mums happy so their boys can play league. OK. So how many more mums have let their boys play league in 2013 now its banned? None. How many more people are watching NRL? None.

Ban punching to keep the media sooks, jealous AFL jocks & mums happy so their boys can play league. OK. So how many more mums will let their boys play league in 2013 now its banned? None. How many more people will watch NRL or Origin? None.

Will AFL jocks keep bagging league & telling us to get rid of something else that will make it as close to soft AFL? ABSOLUTELY.

Time for a rebel RL to start up.

If the NRL was running the V8s they would ban any driver that crashed into another car or drove too fast.

Not too fussed. How many punches have you seen thrown this year other than the SOO? I concede it's a petty rule.

Now banning the shoulder charge is an entirely different matter.

Yeah game has gone soft but what do you expect when we bubble wrap everything these days. Nothing wrong with a little biff, it's exciting and spectators love it even the women.

would love to see an all in brawl this weekend which leaves 13 in the bin for 10 minutes from each team. At least then the refs would be the highlight of the game

I thought the idea of getting rid of News Ltd was to put RL again under control of RL people? Been nothing since but decisions that annoy & turn off RL fans and players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4