Protocol on the Hill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get annoyed when people save spots for others. Not there in time, sit elsewhere. People ho turn up earlier should get preference.

Garts said:
I get annoyed when people save spots for others. Not there in time, sit elsewhere. People ho turn up earlier should get preference.

The spit bridge is the only excuse for being late. That run from neutral Bay to the ground has cost me getting there in good time soooo many times

I hate ppl who want to sit down on a rug to watch the game & then whinge when someone wants to stand & watch the game in front of them..
Like someone said it aint no picnic.

jjai said:
I hate ppl who want to sit down on a rug to watch the game & then whinge when someone wants to stand & watch the game in front of them..

Are you serious or taking the piss?

Phantar said:
jjai said:

Are you serious or taking the piss?

Well think about it mate if its packed .. It only works if everyone then sits down as well, i always have to stand because others are, would love to sit down on the grass & watch the game instead of holding a cold can standing..
Fanta :p

Daniel said:
Garts said:

The spit bridge is the only excuse for being late. That run from neutral Bay to the ground has cost me getting there in good time soooo many times
I had to get there from the Blue Mountains via Georges Hall and I managed to get there just before halftime in Toyota cup, The Hill is the Hill, first in best dressed, no saving grass :) Oh and yes, the Spit bridge sucks A&%E!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Cameron said:
Gees I thought this was gonna be about language on the hilll and what you can and can't say.

The Laungauge was up in the box

You couldn't be more wrong about that mate.... I didn't hear any swearing in the box.

It's pretty simple really: we are there to watch a game of footy and to support our team, not to have a picnic. There is limited space as is, so if your friend had an issue there is one answer, fold up the rug because it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Duff said:
Picnic rugs should be banned. They get in the way of people moving up and down the hill, or people get narky if you tread on one.

If everyone just stood up on the hill, we'd already have our 30,000 stadium.

It's hard to expect the crowd to get enthusiastic if they're in picnic mode.

This.

It's a grey area, but the idea of holding space for people swanning in after kick off seems like too much to me. if it's a big crowd these things usually get resolved 'mob rule' manner, like the standing up vs sitting down thing.

I was at what (I think) is still the record crowd at brooky in the early 90s when we were playing canberra raiders (eventual premiers, mal meninga's last club game), last game of the season. Got there at midday and the ground was already packed. Took up a spot in front of the score board right at the fencing that was there then. Standing only. All cool until I had to nip to the toilet. Getting back to the spot was close to the last thing I did that day with some of the resistance met by people not buying my 'I've been here since midday' line.

btw, we got beat pretty comfortably, despite a couple of very late tries after the raiders had clocked off.

For the raiders game, 5 of us saw a few metres of vacant bench space and went for them.

Until an older lady sitting in the row behind put her foot on the seats saying these are for my son and his partner.

My mate cheekily replied "that much space for two people, are the wide loads still at maccas"

Daniel said:
Garts said:

Yep better off travelling the extra distance to approach via Roseville Bridge when driving from the south.

There should be no reserving of bench seats or hill space in GA areas. Sure if you're minding a spot for 15mins, OK but any longer and its then up for grabs.
If there is a bench space that's been reserved from midday and someone volunteers to mind those seats until kick off so their pals can wonder in right on kick off (or after), the seat 'reserver' is going to have a hell of a time preventing me from sitting there. They will need to do significantly more than place a foot on the seat like they own it.

Attending the games are a privileged, not a right and GA means exactly that.

Spit bridge is not an excuse, live on the correct side of it foreign invader!

And if you don't you know what time it opens on weekends - here it is

8:30am
10:00am
11:30am
2:30pm
4:30pm
6:30pm

The last two are in the off chance we get a Saturday might game

Now you can all plan your arrival accordingly ;)

Oh and learn the rat race on either side of Military Rd to avoid the traffic, if you are sneaky you can get all the way to the spit bends no worries

voicefromthehill said:

Oh and learn the rat race on either side of Military Rd to avoid the traffic, if you are sneaky you can get all the way to the spit bends no worries

May longer way but if you go via Roseville it's a heap better drive

voicefromthehill said:

I knew all the rat races along both sides of military road, but it was of no help when the bridge was up or had been up recently. The entire area was a nightmare, in the end I used to just go via the Roseville it was faster, even when I used to live on Ourimbah Road

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6