Pros and cons 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

RedEagle

Our go forward has held us back over previous seasons, but a major positive of this season has been yardage. We haven’t struggled to get in position.

Without a 6 & with Cherry moving mid season from right side where he has played his entire career to the left, every play we set up goes from Chez to Turbo on the left edge. Only variation is when Jake plays first receiver. We rarely play to the right but if Elgey can play right half and Walker moves back to right centre it will balance the field and make us twice as dangerous. Even Uate looked good last year with Walker getting early ball.

Our timing in attack is woeful. We’ve had 9 tries disallowed/forward pass/held up/dropped last pass in the last two weeks. Improve this and we’re twice the team.

We can’t tackle and it’s bleedingly obvious the enthusiasm we show when in possession with blokes queuing up for a carry isn’t matched when we don’t have the pill. That’s desire & a carry over from our young blokes graduating from the 20’s Oztag comp we won last year. Tom Wright and Manase Fainu are class with the pill but realistically we are hoping they are saviours because of where we are on the ladder but they are only good at 50% of the skills required to play first grade rugby league at an elite level.

Our outside backs are simply not good enough.
Turbo and DEC are the only two in our backline who would make any other team.

With DCE , Walker , Turbot and Kelly we have the makings of a good backline. We need a decent 5/8 with a kicking game.

Parker Suli and Jorge just don’t cut it right now.Jorge is just a hit up man now with ordinary hands. Aerial skills are needed in the modern game.its a shame because at his best he was a favourite.Parker is simply not up to it and moving him to the forwards is hilarious . He is a rag doll now. Wait till the big boys get hold of him.

Suli can improve with a better attitude and I hold hopes for Tom Wright and Anderson.

As a defensive unit as a whole the backline are awful and that is mostly coaching.A side well coached in defence and with a resilient attitude can compete and not capitulate regardless of personnel. Watch the Storm side play with 5 or 6 stars out. They didn’t lose a game over the origin period.

Our best run on forward pack is more than competitive. Our forward depth is skinny. Too many high impact short minutes style players and not enough hard heads.

JetSki , Winterstein , Perret, Sipley are reserve graders,Winterstein not even that. Paseka needs to be told how big he is. Tony Williams anyone? Would like to see Amone get a go.

We need wingers, a tough no nonsense prop and a top line second rower. With that we can compete with anyone. Our best players DCE Turbots Walker Tapau AFB are world class. If I was a coach I would love to get my hands on those 6 players as a base to build on.Tom needs a good coach. His defensive attitude and positional play is ordinary . Fix that and stand back. He will be unstoppable.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8