Props

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is he though or do we often just unfairly expect the world of him cause of his physique?

Here are so stats for this year

METRES PER RUN
Paseka 9.16m
Papali'i 9.03m
RCG 9.03m
JWH 8.91
JFH 8.47

MINUTES PER TACKLE BUST
Paseka 15.5min
Taumalolo 16.9min
Haas 22.8min
AFB 38.2 min
RCG 41.8min
Paulo 43.2min
JWH 71.5min

MINUTES PER OFFLOAD
Tapine 28.4min
Paseka 29.7min
Haas 54.6min
Taumalolo 59.2min
JFH 74min
Tino 77.6min
JWH 214min

Now none of the above is implying Paseka is better than any of the above props. A) stats dont differentiate between a run on the front foot off a quick play the ball or a tough carry off you own line and B) adjusting fo minutes played can be tricky as obviously you can be more dynamic in shorter bursts.

I think the above though does show that when Paseka is on the fied he is making an impact.

I'd go as far to say if Paseka got into the odd argy bargy and roughed up the odd rookie many here would fawn over him.

Now as for the Roosters having four props in the top 20....lets compare Paseka with their old and new guard (JWH and Collins)

MINUTES
Collins
JWH 644
Paseka 357

MINUTES PER GAME
Collins 48
JWH 42
Paseka 32

TRIES
Paseka 2
JWH 2
Collins 0

RUN METRES PER GAME
JWH 115
Paseka 93
Collins 91

METRES PER RUN
Paseka 9.16m
JWH 8.91
Collins 8.82

LINE BREAKS
JWH 2
Paseka 1
Collins 0

TACKLE BUSTS
Paseka 23
Collins 11
JWH 9

OFFLOADS
Paseka 12
JWH 3
Collins 0

TACKLES PER GAME
Collins 30
JWH 21
Paseka 15

MISSED TACKLES
Paseka 18
JWH 26
Collins 34

ERRORS
Paseka 7
JWH 7
Collins 7

Again stats can be tricky but Paseka compares quite favourably

For mine the question is why are his minutes low....is Paseka unable to keep it up or is Dessies tactics holding him back....I tend to think the latter.

I think he could and should be at 40-45min a match
kudos to you research capacity .

Is he though or do we often just unfairly expect the world of him cause of his physique?

Here are so stats for this year

METRES PER RUN
Paseka 9.16m
Papali'i 9.03m
RCG 9.03m
JWH 8.91
JFH 8.47

MINUTES PER TACKLE BUST
Paseka 15.5min
Taumalolo 16.9min
Haas 22.8min
AFB 38.2 min
RCG 41.8min
Paulo 43.2min
JWH 71.5min

MINUTES PER OFFLOAD
Tapine 28.4min
Paseka 29.7min
Haas 54.6min
Taumalolo 59.2min
JFH 74min
Tino 77.6min
JWH 214min

Now none of the above is implying Paseka is better than any of the above props. A) stats dont differentiate between a run on the front foot off a quick play the ball or a tough carry off you own line and B) adjusting fo minutes played can be tricky as obviously you can be more dynamic in shorter bursts.

I think the above though does show that when Paseka is on the fied he is making an impact.

I'd go as far to say if Paseka got into the odd argy bargy and roughed up the odd rookie many here would fawn over him.

Now as for the Roosters having four props in the top 20....lets compare Paseka with their old and new guard (JWH and Collins)

MINUTES
Collins
JWH 644
Paseka 357

MINUTES PER GAME
Collins 48
JWH 42
Paseka 32

TRIES
Paseka 2
JWH 2
Collins 0

RUN METRES PER GAME
JWH 115
Paseka 93
Collins 91

METRES PER RUN
Paseka 9.16m
JWH 8.91
Collins 8.82

LINE BREAKS
JWH 2
Paseka 1
Collins 0

TACKLE BUSTS
Paseka 23
Collins 11
JWH 9

OFFLOADS
Paseka 12
JWH 3
Collins 0

TACKLES PER GAME
Collins 30
JWH 21
Paseka 15

MISSED TACKLES
Paseka 18
JWH 26
Collins 34

ERRORS
Paseka 7
JWH 7
Collins 7

Again stats can be tricky but Paseka compares quite favourably

For mine the question is why are his minutes low....is Paseka unable to keep it up or is Dessies tactics holding him back....I tend to think the latter.

I think he could and should be at 40-45min a match
As the Homer Simpsons on here would say though....
Facts shmacts,facts can be used to prove any silly idea,lol.

Last weekend junior and regan were the one two punch often following a good kick return from the back 3 for parra.

We start with 3 backs hitting it up which often puts manly on back foot for rest of set.

Agree that stats are only one indicator however I have been impressed by Paseka's ability to bend the line and he hits hard in defence. And I am quietly confident he has more ability than Keppie or De Luis and yet he has been in ressies and 18th man on too many occasions in my opinion. He has the tools so please use him.

Rueben G is at 12 our only guy in the top 50
But if you change it to post contact metres per game we have 4 in the top 50 and 3 in the top 25.

Dunno, its a bit straightforward this one, comparing outside backs and forwards, not factoring in minutes played.

Plus the age old question of is battling for a extra metre or two better or worse than getting a quick play the ball?

Agree that stats are only one indicator however I have been impressed by Paseka's ability to bend the line and he hits hard in defence. And I am quietly confident he has more ability than Keppie or De Luis and yet he has been in ressies and 18th man on too many occasions in my opinion. He has the tools so please use him.
I reckon he is being held back because of a dodgy knee, has had heavy strapping on it all year. Perhaps he needs an op and they are nursing him along.

As everyone has said many times before, if he only realised the damage he could do if he had a serious crack he'd be the best in the business, if you look at how he steamrolled the opposition in juniors I don't understand why he's so timid these days
My guess is, Eagleron, that it's just not in his nature? It may also be that he was brought up in a family/environment that discouraged aggression? I don't think Paseka will ever be the fired up type, but he can certainly become a smart and effective player without it (we've seen glimpses already). I think he needs time to develop his smarts from more experience. I don't think all props need to be in the JWH mould of aggression in order to be good, but we need patience to allow Paseka to develop in the way that's right for him...

Quick quiz: How manly Manly props would make a list of the top 20 props in NRL?

I have one: Josh Aloiai.

Roosters arguably have four; Broncos have three; Storm have three; Raiders have two; Eels have two and so on.

Keppie, Sipley, Paseka, Boyle and co haven't kicked on as expected. they wouldn't make 17 in most top 8 sides.

That's where I'd be fixing roster.
Yeah sounds right. Aloiai is elite but the rest of them are just average first grade props.

I think the others are all first graders but would be the 4th prop on a good team. The problem for us is that they are the 2nd,3rd and 4th props on Manly.

I still have hope for Paseka and to a lesser extent Keppie. But they have been "promising" for a few years now and haven't kicked on.

Alois 12 games
Paseka 11
Toff 15
Keppie 17
Kapow 17
Bully 9
Delux 3
Probably shows we we're one top prop down in most games Kapow, Keppie very inconsistent this year
Bully is only young so I hope he will become similar to Aloia
Toff I think one of his better season's
Jake 19 games

Props are where the real leaders of teams are at. We need an experienced leader who plays prop even more than we need a new Prop.

Have you ever noticed how often Paseka goes of injured in the big games and usually when he's going really well. The trouble with Paseka he teases the Manly fans, he does a few knock em over skittling hit ups, and we all say, yes !! where as this been, then gets hauled off or carried off for some mystery injury or who knows...what a frustrating player !!
Manly’s Phil Charlton, 21st century style.

Aloiai and Paseka I would keep. Bullemore is young and still has potential so would keep him as well. The rest of them are easily replaceable.
Bullemore has been... Bulleless for 90% of the season, apart from the Sharks game where I thought he went ok in a losing side. He hasn't shown us any of the stuff we've seen on the Utube highlights reel. Why do we sign players and spend good cap $'s because they have...."potential", to me this is taking a punt on a player who might or might not come good.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8