• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll keep it simple... Why the he'll does Des persist on picking backrowers as props? We need Sipley back asap. We have zero punch once our starting props go off. The one bench prop we do select in Paseka in generally ineffective. Des' loyalty to Paseka, Gosiewski and Waddell is baffling. We need 2 genuine props on the bench and Sipley has to be one of them

Last edited:
I would like to see Tent start for team balance, I don’t know how JetSki and Waddell are in front of Guacamole, Sipley and Boyle. I assume Keppie has a niggle.
You'd think it's pretty obvious to Des by now. Sipley, Keppie, Ola and Boyle. I'd even have Saddler in there for some agro. Geez Des seriously needs to look at his selection policy. We have the players but they're just not getting picked

I agree, I’m always a 2 prop on the bench man

I think the reason that Des is going that way, is based around our attack looking to identify agility and footwork through the middle, seemed really noticeable early on tonight with Elliott and co taking more runs than the big boys early on

While on props, Taupaus last 2 weeks have been outstanding, best for a year or so

I'll keep it simple... Why the he'll does Des persist on picking backrowers as props? We need Sipley back asap. We have zero punch once our starting props go off. The one bench prop we do select in Paseka in generally ineffective. Des' loyalty to Paseka, Gosiewski and Waddell is baffling. We need 2 genuine props on the bench and Sipley has to be one of them

I agree I can only think keppie got a niggle in the warm up. I thought paseka was really good tonight and is on the improve.

Jet Ski is only on the bench as centre/backrow cover. He fills in and called upon most games as we always seem to have players break down. Like yourself Robbo I've been a massive Sipley and its way beyond me why he isn't getting look at.
Waddle has a go but just offers no impact at all, this has been the biggest selection surprise most weeks.

Considering the warm conditions in Townsville I think Des went with guys who have match fitness rather than bringing in Sips and Olakau'atu who haven't played in a fair while.
The only way to get match fitness is to play matches. What happens if we need these guys at the business end of the year and they haven't played at all? We need to start rotating these guys in and who knows they might actually stand up and grab the opportunity just as Cust has

The only way to get match fitness is to play matches. What happens if we need these guys at the business end of the year and they haven't played at all? We need to start rotating these guys in and who knows they might actually stand up and grab the opportunity just as Cust has

I agree. But in the conditions tonight I can understand why Des played who he did.

Jet Ski is only on the bench as centre/backrow cover. He fills in and called upon most games as we always seem to have players break down. Like yourself Robbo I've been a massive Sipley and its way beyond me why he isn't getting look at.
Waddle has a go but just offers no impact at all, this has been the biggest selection surprise most weeks.
Yes true he is there to cover backrow, just not the backrow in the stands where he would look better.

We have so much talent that can cover the role JetSki can, he was very ordinary again tonight.

Guacamole should be in front of him and Waddell.

I agree, I’m always a 2 prop on the bench man

I think the reason that Des is going that way, is based around our attack looking to identify agility and footwork through the middle, seemed really noticeable early on tonight with Elliott and co taking more runs than the big boys early on

While on props, Taupaus last 2 weeks have been outstanding, best for a year or so
Yep, Tapaua has been huge. Basically carrying the go forward himself

I must be blind because I thought Paseka and JetSki did their job well tonight.
Yes, you must be. Paeska was ok, Jetski missed tackles, bombed a try, watched cow boys forward crash over the line next to him, gets smashed with the ball, and when running wide, seems to almost drop it every time when he goes to catch it, which makes him stop, and then gets smashed. Compare than to say a Boyd cordiner off Luke Keary, that's what we need edge back rower running into it and splitting defenders and one that can tackle, especially on own goal line

Yes, you must be. Paeska was ok, Jetski missed tackles, bombed a try, watched cow boys forward crash over the line next to him, gets smashed with the ball, and when running wide, seems to almost drop it every time when he goes to catch it, which makes him stop, and then gets smashed. Compare than to say a Boyd cordiner off Luke Keary, that's what we need edge back rower running into it and splitting defenders and one that can tackle, especially on own goal line
Disagree mate. How many times did he drop it? Once, when he was trying to offload in a tackle. The Molo try was subjective... look at the gap he ran into. 33 tackles, one miss, beautiful catch off DCE which was denied by the Cronulla speedo wearing prancer. Them’s the facts!

edit... 33 tackles, 3 missed, one handling error.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2