Proof the game is being manipulated!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
They’ve made a simple game with pretty simple rules into a melange of grey areas and interpretations that can easily be used to manipulate outcomes….
The best games of footy are the ones where you don’t even notice the referee: but now they’ve made that man into the most influential person on the park, rather than the players themselves.

Its something that has to be recognised by the powers that be, and rectified ASAP

They’ve made a simple game with pretty simple rules into a melange of grey areas and interpretations that can easily be used to manipulate outcomes….
The best games of footy are the ones where you don’t even notice the referee: but now they’ve made that man into the most influential person on the park, rather than the players themselves.

Its something that has to be recognised by the powers that be, and rectified ASAP
Ah for a game when the penalty count is 3-2 and no six agains !!

That’s where you’ll see “ game of the season “

I kinda believe it but it is Masters
Stats are stats though mate, not a fan of Masters myself but having watched refs interfere with the course of so many games, particularly this season it looks pretty obvious to me at least that there's an agenda for opening the game up with an emphasis on attack and try scoring even though the imbalance of talent throughout the competition still sees blow-outs in most games between the top and bottom half teams, referees who once were almost invisible are now without doubt the stars of the show

Ah for a game when the penalty count is 3-2 and no six agains !!

That’s where you’ll see “ game of the season “
I was super critical of the wrestle a couple of years ago and wanted them to fix it up but I think they tipped the balance too far the other way.

I would have liked to see the interchanged reduced to 4; that is, once you're on, you're on. That's probably impossible now with all the HIAs that aren't HIAs being used to manipulate the interchange. So no 6 again, just reduced interchange to bring fatigue into the forwards. That would have been enough for the creative players to get a go without needing to completely rewrite the rule book. As for the wrestle, the sin-bin for repeat infringements inside 20m would take care of that.

But they went too far. 6 agains and tap restarts and all the rest. Now it's too open. Introducing fatigue and speeding the game up are two different things. The NRL don't see it that way.

I was super critical of the wrestle a couple of years ago and wanted them to fix it up but I think they tipped the balance too far the other way.

I would have liked to see the interchanged reduced to 4; that is, once you're on, you're on. That's probably impossible now with all the HIAs that aren't HIAs being used to manipulate the interchange. So no 6 again, just reduced interchange to bring fatigue into the forwards. That would have been enough for the creative players to get a go without needing to completely rewrite the rule book. As for the wrestle, the sin-bin for repeat infringements inside 20m would take care of that.

But they went too far. 6 agains and tap restarts and all the rest. Now it's too open. Introducing fatigue and speeding the game up are two different things. The NRL don't see it that way.
Cannot disagree at all with any of that!!

The powers that be have screwed the game. Never before has there been such a glaring gap between the handful of good sides and those making up the numbers.

Never before have the referees been so central to a game. Funny that.

The powers that be have screwed the game. Never before has there been such a glaring gap between the handful of good sides and those making up the numbers.

Never before have the referees been so central to a game. Funny that.
Yeh if Manly were getting flogged by 50 each week like most of the teams below us, this forum would be crying out for the NRL to do something. I know it's not really in RL Fan DNA but I feel sorry for so many of the other clubs...with the exception of the Dogs obviously. Barrett deserves what he is getting. The rest, I feel sorry for. To know before kick off that your team has between 1-5% chance of winning and a 10-20% of avoiding a flogging each week must just make them want to follow a different sport.

The 'six again' call was meant to replace giving a penalty. I'd like to see the stats comparing the number of six agains 2021 vs number of penalties 2019. Its obvious the referees in 2021 are calling 'six again' where previously in 2019 they would not have given a penalty.

The 'six again' call was meant to replace giving a penalty. I'd like to see the stats comparing the number of six agains 2021 vs number of penalties 2019. Its obvious the referees in 2021 are calling 'six again' where previously in 2019 they would not have given a penalty.
Yep, they tried a mass crackdown a couple of years ago and it was ended because there was a media outcry against the massive penalty counts resulting in stop start footy.

6 agains are nothing but a penalty by another name, so we don't end up with penalty counts in the 30s.

I wish the Refs held their nerve and didn't bail out of the game of chicken with the coaches, we would've had a few years of pain but if the refs were consistent the coaches would yield and adapt.

I have said from the start the 6-again rule removes accountability from the referee. Calls that would have closer scrutiny if it were a penalty are forgotten within a set or two and never looked at again. The refs can freely CONTROL the game rather than facilitate it.

All the talk that the teams need to get better, what about the refs. How do you adapt a team to rules arbitrarily applied by each ref depending on the game status.

It's like trying to dig a perfect hole in dry sand

I have said from the start the 6-again rule removes accountability from the referee. Calls that would have closer scrutiny if it were a penalty are forgotten within a set or two and never looked at again. The refs can freely CONTROL the game rather than facilitate it.

All the talk that the teams need to get better, what about the refs. How do you adapt a team to rules arbitrarily applied by each ref depending on the game status.

It's like trying to dig a perfect hole in dry sand
Can control AND do !!

Yeh if Manly were getting flogged by 50 each week like most of the teams below us, this forum would be crying out for the NRL to do something. I know it's not really in RL Fan DNA but I feel sorry for so many of the other clubs...with the exception of the Dogs obviously. Barrett deserves what he is getting. The rest, I feel sorry for. To know before kick off that your team has between 1-5% chance of winning and a 10-20% of avoiding a flogging each week must just make them want to follow a different sport.
Undoubtedly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8