Professionalism (not)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I just posted the Monaghan statement that's on the front page of the club's official forum to our news page.

However, before I did so I had to correct no less than 10 (yes 10) spelling and syntax errors. The whole statement was riddled with them.

The Orford/Monaghan situation will be one of the bigger issues of tomorrow's press and here we have the club's official web-site putting out something riddled with error (not to mention that it's badly written in general). Is it any wonder we're a laughing stock?

One of the most important issues for any corporation these days is their handling of the media and their approach to electronic media and promotions. FACT.

Another FACT. Manly's official web-site remains the most static and unprofessional in the NRL.

Another FACT: Manly's approach to handling the media is archaic and riddled with unprofessionalism. Secondly, it falls far short of the possibilities that could be achieved.

Sorry - I'm just really pissed off at having to fix an official media release like that. It shouldn't be that way. PERIOD..........

Then you have this pack of idiots who don't have the brains to realise that this statement was written for Monaghan and that he was probably strong armed into letting it be released! :roll:

http://forum.mightyeagles.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40536

I totally agree. Our website is crap and Zorba is probably sending out media releases by morse code and smoke signals.

Boo hoo i guess i'm just a yobbo and just don't care. Was there nothing else to pick on this week Mata? Next week it will be that the toilet paper in the dunnies wasn't 4 ply for your pompous arse.

I give up trying to explain the importance of presenting a professional face to media organisations to people like maddog.

You can lead a horse (or ass in this case) to water but ..............

The club should be better than this, but it wouldnt suprise me if its come through the one man who constantly seems to be unprofessional on these things

Oh he called me an ass...smashed me...congrats!

Mata, i'm like 99% of the people that love their footy and don't really feel the need to write a 300 word essay on a few spelling and punctuation mistakes from a media release. Surely there must be something more important to focus your attention on?

I just posted the Monaghan statement that's on the front page of the club's official forum to our news page.

However, before I did so I had to correct no less than 10 (yes 10) spelling and syntax errors. The whole statement was riddled with them.

The Orford/Monaghan situation will be one of the bigger issues of tomorrow's press and here we have the club's official web-site putting out something riddled with error (not to mention that it's badly written in general). Is it any wonder we're a laughing stock?

One of the most important issues for any corporation these days is their handling of the media and their approach to electronic media and promotions. FACT.

Another FACT. Manly's official web-site remains the most static and unprofessional in the NRL.

Another FACT: Manly's approach to handling the media is archaic and riddled with unprofessionalism. Secondly, it falls far short of the possibilities that could be achieved.

Sorry - I'm just really pissed off at having to fix an official media release like that. It shouldn't be that way. PERIOD..........

I can't find 10 differences between the original media release and your re-post of it.

Sure, you picked up the missing 'e' in 'elswhere' and added a space after quotes (twice) and after fullstops (three times).

You also changed the correctly spelt "fulfil" to the variant spelling "fulfill".

That's 7. There were a few other spaces missing.

Maybe the 'original' has been fixed up overnight to the best of the original author's 'capabilities'.

Thank you c.

However, when you're dealing with Daily Telegraph readers (reading age 8 ) who think Sydney Confidential is undeniable truth, there is little point in trying to engage in constructive debate. :bdh:

c_eagle yes i agree with you, somethings should quiet possibly be handled better. It's just, you know, the constant bleeting.....storm in a tiny tiny teacup sort of stuff.

Hands up who else would have really, i mean really typed a post on this?

Who else serves the prophetic role on this site?

Interesting that you now concede that I have a point. Maybe we should get a marketing expert in here to adjudicate?

Pepsi, where are you?

c_eagle yes i agree with you, somethings should quiet possibly be handled better. It's just, you know, the constant bleeting.....storm in a tiny tiny teacup sort of stuff.

Hands up who else would have really, i mean really typed a post on this?

funniest line on hear ! Storm .. get it!

sure the club doesnt really send out the best messages and it hasnt been assisted with the likes of Banagahan and Monahs. The whole Monaghan saga this year ( off the field) has been a shambles, looks like its again going to rear its ugly head. There is no question that the release last night was a knee jerk reaction to once again Monaghs or his manager shooting from the hip before the brain is engaged.

I have no doubt that if we dont sign Orford or Bell, and as was the case with King as well, that the whole epiosode has turned them off manly.

I don't disagree with you at all. But come on, there must be better things to do. It's minor. Send your corrections straight to him, no need to publicly ridicule him, although i gather that that is the intention of posting it here.

But the "True Supporters" will still think Monas is a legend and "loyal" to the club.

The reality is that he's loyal to naught but his own self-interest.

Very, very sad..........

Why should this amateur correct the professional?

Your suggested course of action has been tried and has failed.

So what would you do? Sit and accept the mediocrity, or do what you can to bring about positive change?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4