Pritchard wants out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Now Pritchard wants to join Panthers exodus

Glenn Jackson | July 11, 2007

Penrith have spiralled deeper into crisis, with New Zealand international second-rower Frank Pritchard requesting a release from the club.

The Herald understands Pritchard, who has played nine Tests for New Zealand and is regarded as one of the most explosive forwards in the game, asked to cut short his contract on Monday.

The stunning development comes on the back of the club's decision to offer club co-captains Tony Puletua and Luke Priddis releases last week, with further speculation fullback Rhys Wesser and lock Trent Waterhouse were unwanted by the club.

The Panthers declined the verbal request, apparently issued by Pritchard's agent, but the 24-year-old is still considering making a formal application to move to the English Super League.

With the Panthers struggling on and off the field and his friend Puletua on the outer, Pritchard - who is contracted until 2009 - wants to move on.

Already, the Panthers have lost prop Joel Clinton, five-eighth Peter Wallace and halfback Craig Gower for next season, and the loss of Pritchard would arguably be felt more than any of them.

Panthers general manager Michael Leary did not immediately return the Herald's calls.

Priddis has been selected in premier league this weekend, almost three weeks after he was rested by coach Matthew Elliott. Priddis's future is also up in the air, with his manager, David Riolo, saying: "I've contacted quite a few clubs on his behalf. The difficult thing is that most clubs have got an established hooker and it makes it difficult to place Luke at this stage."
-------------------------------------------------------------

I know Penrith probably wouldn't allow him to play for Manly, but could be handy to put the feelers out there and offer something, may help us if he returns from SL in future. He is a top player

And apparently Waterhouse wants out as well.

They are loking awful for next year if you beleive the rumours of who is going/wants out

Gains, Civoniceva, Woolnough, Tighe
Losses, Wesser, Gower, Waterhouse, Wallace, Pritchard, Puletua, Priddis

He was great for 20 mins last weekend but did little after that.

He would be great in Maroon and White but missed his chance earlier this year when offered good money to come. Penrith would be mad to let him go and it won't happen.

Things must be ugly out there though. Short odds for the wooden spoon methinks. How did we ever lose to them!!!!????

I put Pritchard into the same category as Faumuina. We dont need players that can cause such upheaval at a club.

I would vote no. It looks like Penrith have reversed their position in any case.

Completely disagree with waterhouse for willo. Waterhouse is soft in the defensive role. Willo gives sterling service in that department and carts it up without regard. I realize he's not creative, but neither is waterhouse. Waterhouse's hands are suspect as well. No way we should have him.

There was a game between Manly and Penrith a few years ago ('05?) where Donald dropped the ball at the very end, letting Priddis (?) score a try losing us the game...

...anyway, my strongest memory from that game is that Waterhouse dropped caused an error anytime he was on screen. I swear to god, he was Manly's best player by a mile that day.

I remember that game at Penrith. They were shocking and we were even worse gifting them a win in the last seconds. It was 95 after Monasgate, when we lost zillions of games in a row, though I don't think Jye played that night. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4