Prime Minister Abbott's new role as Manly #1 ticketholder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
THE Sea Eagles have received a big boost in the countdown to the NRL season with the country’s No. 1 man becoming the club’s No. 1 ticketholder.

Prime Minister and Federal member for Warringah Tony Abbott is to take on the role.

The coup was formally announced during the Sea Eagles season launch on Thursday night at Le Kiosk restaurant at Shelly Beach.

Read More

RE: Abbott Manly#1 ticketholder

Boo !!! Bring back Russ.

I can only hope that there is an ulterior motive to having this muppet as our Number 1 fan, and I'm guessing that is something to do with upgrading Brookie. I can live with some short term pain for some long term gain.

By the way the season launch was a very understated event, no controversy, no publicity. Is good.

Tony please my god we are hated enough as it is but now sheesh there will be pitchforks and burning effigies at the gates of the Spit and Roseville bridges. Quick everyone man the barricades , circle the wagons , the Peninsula will be under seige soon.

We need to see the colour of your money Tony, Brooky needs immediate fixing.Step in and get it done, enough talking!!

"Mr Abbott was unable to attend due to a more pressing engagement - the sitting of Federal Parliament- but he sent a video message which was played on the night."
More pressing engagement?....there can be no higher honour and he's got a previous engagement....geez get your priorities right big ears.

THE Sea Eagles have received a big boost in the countdown to the NRL season with the country’s No. 1 man becoming the club’s No. 1 ticketholder.

Prime Minister and Federal member for Warringah Tony Abbott is to take on the role.

The coup was formally announced during the Sea Eagles season launch on Thursday night at Le Kiosk restaurant at Shelly Beach.

And it follows the news that head coach Geoff Toovey has had his contract extended until the end of 2016.

Mr Abbott was unable to attend due to a more pressing engagement — the sitting of Federal Parliament — but he sent a video message which was played on the night.

Manly general manager David Perry contacted the Prime Minister inviting him to take on the position with the club in the heart of his electorate.

“Thank you very much for your recent letter inviting me to be the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Number 1 ticket holder,” Mr Abbott replied.

“It is a great pleasure to accept your offer.

“Let’s hope 2014 will be a great season for the Sea Eagles.”

Perry said it was a great privilege for Manly to have Mr Abbott in that position.

“We look forward to working with Mr Abbott to help enhance the club and it’s brand moving forward,” he said.

“And he is planning to attend a home game early in the season to acknowledge his position and our dedicated Sea Eagles fans."

Perry also praised Toovey’s leadership after it was revealed the club stalwart has agreed to a two-year contact extension as head coach.

“The whole club is proud of the fact that Geoff has agreed to a two-year extension for seasons 2015 and 16,” he said.

“You wouldn’t find a more passionate and committed leader of the Sea Eagles and this will no doubt rub off on the playing group and the culture of the club.”

Toovey, a Sea Eagles man down to his bootstraps, said it was fantastic the contract extension has been finalised.

“And it will give some continuity to the rest of the staff as well,” he said

JON GEDDES THE DAILY TELEGRAPH MARCH 01, 2014

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/prime-minister-tony-abbotts-new-role-as-manly-sea-eagle-number-one-ticketholder/story-fni3gnk1-1226841246892

RE: Prime Minister Abbott’s new role as Manly #1 ticketholder

Berkeley_Eagle said:
show us the money dickhead

He hides the money in his ears and down his speedos.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Show some respect BE . Not a very classy thing to say from a Silvertail !

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Show some respect BE . Not a very classy thing to say from a Silvertail !

We have a Prime Minister who has vowed to help our club and we are using our forum to insult him . The Silvertails forum deserves better than this

So the last #1 ticket holder paid 40k (approx) for the honour...

This #1 holder has already reneged on 10 mill (that's right, you promised to match the 10mill from labor, not just honour it)

So I am next years #1 ticket holder....as I promise to give brookie 50 mill....and will then not give a cent. 50 > 10 so I win.....unless 1 of you promises more than 50!

bob dylan said:
BOZO said:
We get more out of people when we treat them with respect than when we put ... on them

Agreed, but respect is earned, not given.
Agreed bob , so lets give the guy a go and see what he does before we tear him down

Yeah, you guys can discuss this in brookie's brand new shiny stadium.

globaleagle said:
This #1 holder has already reneged on 10 mill (that's right, you promised to match the 10mill from labor, not just honour it)
I never saw Abbott quoted saying he'd deliver an extra $10m. If there's a link feel free to prove me wrong.

pffft, I yawn at your ill concealed challenge, and obv lack of internet skills.

Say, what happened to your time zone, shouldn't you be fast asleep or something?

oops, could it be my riveting posting has caused you to nod off after all? :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4