Price of jerseys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
I was browsing through the Wanderers website and saw their 2014/15 jerseys are under $90. This got me thinking and questioning why NRL jerseys are so expensive at around $170. It probably costs about $30-$40 to be produced and imported. Who gets the money and how us it broken down, by percentage?I know there are licensing agreement. Rugby League jerseys these days are much like soccer jerseys anyway. It also explained to me why I see so many Wanderers jerseys around. It is cheap to jump on the bandwagon.

I reckon it's more like $5 to be produced. (if that)

Licensed by the nrl so I think they get a percentage of the $$$$ of which some trickles down to the club.

O/s sites do the jerseys cheaper but I think ISC read this site (!) as when I mentioned it regarding the wolverine jersey....the UK shop I buy from quickly put up that they can't post to Aust.

The ISC Leeds Rhinos jerseys when we were there for WCC in 2012 were less than $50 AUD, came out of the same Chinese factory for $5

EVERYTHNG is made in China. From Billabong to Rip Curl. D&G to Gucci. And they are sold as originals in stores all over Australia.

Then there are the rip offs. Surprise, surprise. Also made in china, by the same factories that make the "originals".

The Chinese are getting very clever too. You used to be able to buy say, a pair of D&G jeans form China and pay around $35 + postage. Say $50 all up. That's because they charged in US dollars. The exchange rate wasn't too bad.

Now, the slippery little beggars are selling the same items, but want to be paid in British Pounds. Check the exchange rate between the Aussie dollar and the Pound Sterling. If the NRL is paying that to have them made...

The correct answer for cheap jersey manufacturing is Pakistan.

OK. While we're on the jerseys, I'll go straight to my pet peeve.
Why oh why are the supporters jerseys in the same material as the players?
I get that the change from the old cotton happened so players couldn't be grabbed by the shirt. BUT. Players bodies are made for that clinging material and the vast majority (we are an obese country) of supporters have a little flab here and there which is highlighted by the cling.
Why not have supporters in the old material?
It used to be great to keep you warm on a cold day too.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
I get that the change from the old cotton happened so players couldn't be grabbed by the shirt. BUT. Players bodies are made for that clinging material and the vast majority (we are an obese country) of supporters have a little flab here and there which is highlighted by the cling.

MINE TOO.

And you can get an aussie jersey in the old style material, so they can make them!

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Canterbury/Australia-Kangaroos-2014-or-15-Classic-Rugby-League-Shirt-Centenary-Green

globaleagle said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

MINE TOO.

And you can get an aussie jersey in the old style material, so they can make them!

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Canterbury/Australia-Kangaroos-2014-or-15-Classic-Rugby-League-Shirt-Centenary-Green

Yep. And some heritage jerseys are too.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

And a normal collar too please. Some recent jerseys look ridiculous when worn by civilians in public.
I just wear old ones from the 90's. Never worn any of the newer ones.

My Warringah Mall Woolies docket yesterday had a 50% off everything fully priced at the Sea Eagles superstore so that takes a few bucks off it...

The last jersey I bought was the 2012 one for like $60 in 2013 - that doesn't fit snug - it's cut straight which isn't the same cut as the players jerseys. It's kinda like with soccer jerseys how fans get a straight cut Adidas Jersey whereS players wear the tech-fit style. I'm pretty sure the jerseys we can buy also don't have the ice bit at the top of the back numbers.

@globaleagle is that Lovell site the one you use. I may have to grab one as it's just too expensive getting one from oz

Yeah guys. At this time of year you can get the 2014 jerseys for about $50 at some places. Great time to buy one. I stupidly paid heaps at the gf a couple of years back. Was half price a few weeks later.

Dan said:
@globaleagle is that Lovell site the one you use. I may have to grab one as it's just too expensive getting one from oz

yup.

that's the one.

unless @loobs is going to buy a couple of grand of jerseys at half price then sell them on to us!!?!?!?!?!?!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
damiennp90 said:
Yeah guys. At this time of year you can get the 2014 jerseys for about $50 at some places. Great time to buy one. I stupidly paid heaps at the gf a couple of years back. Was half price a few weeks later.

Peter Wynn, in Parramatta, had both 2014 jerseys for $50 but they sold out. You can still pick them up fairly cheaply.

Sports On The Run in Winston Hills has them for $70. Ignore the website. They're on sale.

Actually just checked again, and the home one is still available.

http://www.peterwynnscore.com.au/index.php/rugby-league/sea-eagles.html?limit=30&p=2

I get my merchandise from this place in the UK - downunderleisure.co.uk - he sells the shirts for about £60 (about $110) and always gets new stock in come the new season. When a friend of mine went over to Aus I asked him if he could bring me back a jersey, he agreed but when he got there he told me how much they were :huh: I asked the guy in the shop and he gets the shirts imported from Aus not direct from manufacturing factories, so can't work out how he manages to flog em for £60 a top and make a profit and they're $170 in Aus especially when they're going to be more common in Aus due to obviously much more interest in the league/sport.

Anyway, yeh I don't know if he will ship to Aus either, might be worth a try if any of you want to give it a go. End of season sale is on as well, so kit is going for 25%-50% off.

Player and fan jerseys are quite different.

Different fabric, cut, printed not embroidered etc.

Gib the Pom said:
I get my merchandise from this place in the UK - downunderleisure.co.uk - he sells the shirts for about £60 (about $110) and always gets new stock in come the new season.

I always thought lovell was cheaper than downunder....I'll start to re-look.

A couple of reasons that uk is cheaper than aust MAY be:

1) If the nrl get some sort of licensing fee from aussie stores selling the merch, or
2)greedy aussie buggers, or
3) quite often aust gets screwed with imports. Gerry harvey bleats on endlessly about on line shopping but screw him, he's just a landlord, not a retailer BUT there is one senator that always wants inquires about why digital prices are more in aust than o/s. Shouldn't be....as it is just digital info.

I dunno if this makes sense, I am dizzy

A couple of years ago when our team switched to ISC for jerseys I noticed on the ISC website that the Sharks were with ISC too (back then). They were selling a nice high quality Sharks supporters jersey with collar and no sponsors. It was like the old canterbury brand jerseys well made and long sleeves. I reckon we should have a supporters jersey made like the old Rugby Jerseys with the traditional maroon with white hoops and a nice collar. A bit like the Wormald jersey with a white collar.

For older-timers like me the thrill of wearing the strip that the players wear is not really where I am at. I would rather something that looks nice at the game that you can wear elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4