Premium Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whatever keeps the site up and running Dan and minimises the issues of the recent past.

I've been trying to come up with some smart ass line about paying for premium content from a website but alas, couldn't come up with anything tasteful.

And anyone who knows me knows what a classy guy I am. :D

Hey @Dan. Have you received my payment? Not sure what account I paid it from to see if it went through lol

your primary group was set rather than your additional one.

Fixed now

sorting now mate, there is a quirk with the updated system I am working out now

Hi quite a few sign ups it's at the sacrifice of lower advertising income but it is good to know where we stand financially. I am deciding between a server move and paying up front for the next year on this server with a few added extras. Once that is complete and as I have more time I am going to do some code review to try and improve page speeds and reduce memory consunption

Has this been worth it Dan? Hope it has. Come on you guys who haven't signed up yet. Sign up & get your premium member.........ship.... We'd all be filthy if we lost this site.

its helped a little with a few things, just keeping an eye on the site with the new host over the next 3 weeks to determine if we stay with them.

Every transaction costs me $1 so that hurts but it has helped certainly

BUMP!

I can guarentee for anyone who hasn't yet chipped in for Premium Membership give it a go, and compare your experience.

I've been subscribing for months now but a couple of times I don't immediately notice when it expires (for my account).

I prefer to go month-by-month (not one for long-term plans or commitments if I can avoid it, lol)

But the last 24 hours without Premium (and therefore with the ads and slower-loading) is seriously like chalk-and-cheese folks!

For $4 a month why not give it a try?

I reckon you'll be very pleasantly surprised if you do!

Thanks mate, and much appreciated. The extra money is pretty much always taken up immediately with added server benefits, though I am saving for a something to help with further stability and management.

The ads will add a fair bit of time to the site loading because it has to download the JS and the image for every ad.

Personally I browse with the ads on because i dont want to be unfair. but when I benchmark the load times there is a clear difference

Well I'd assume $4 wouldn't go very far anyways @Dan

(You'll just have to cut down on the whiskey-budget then mate!)

lol.

Obviously the more peeps that chip in $4 the better.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2