Premier League's no 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Premier League's no 7

I've been away this week but went to the game last Sunday. Great effort with the firsts, but the PL was disappointing. I noticed our no 7 was particularly weak in defense. Just who was that guy?

Premier League's no 7

I wasn't sure, either.

Wells had a great game. If we get any injuries to the backrowers in the startin 17, he is the next one up.

Premier League's no 7

I'm pretty sure it was Clint Halden. PL didn't seem to have much direction, but parra have a very good PL team!

Premier League's no 7

I didn't see very much of PL but it would've been Halden.

He's been in sensational form over the past few weeks in attack, carving up the Maggies & Sharks. I can't say I've noticed his defence, but that's not his job anyway. Like Ox, Benji & Groom he's there to run the attack, which he's been doing in a man of the match way.
Maybe it was an off day.

Premier League's no 7

just on aaron groom

I see on his Myspace page that one of his friends made a comment that he left because the club thought he was a hooker.

Premier League's no 7

just on aaron groom

I see on his Myspace page that one of his friends made a comment that he left because the club thought he was a hooker.

Why did someone go and ask him "How much?"

Premier League's no 7

Heres the comment:

'You serious :|.. they think your a hooker thats BS.. i thought u would have been next in line after Orford..I read sumwhere a few months back that they where playing u at Hooker in Premier League to strengthen your D.. oh well.
Come back to Manly when your an international... haha
best of luck mate'

BTW dan, what do you mean?

Premier League's no 7

I've been away this week but went to the game last Sunday. Great effort with the firsts, but the PL was disappointing. I noticed our no 7 was particularly weak in defense. Just who was that guy?

Haha, that was your hero Clint Halden. Remember the bloke that is better than Matai... :drunk:

Premier League's no 7

DSM, has there been a new player in the last few seasons that you actually rate on defence ?

Every time someone emerges into NRL footy you have a crack at their d, can only assume the D is your name stands for Defence :)

Premier League's no 7

Mate, from where I sat at Parra, Bay 21 on the line, I saw this guy, whoever he was, slap two try scorers on their way through. I know PL isn't the main game but it's where the next generation come through. That's all. I wondered if it was Groom who is leaving. I can remember giving Halden a rap over his game at Telstra against the Dogs when we won and I thought he played reasonably well at Penrith when we lost. I'm fearless in my crits with defensive lapses and proud of it. In my opinion defense wins games, just look at Stewie last weekend mopping up when that slime half ran through some of our tired (lazy) forwards. Saved the game.

Premier League's no 7

just as a question DSM5, how old are you?

i am not having a shot at all but the "Defense wins games" comment is one that I would envisage coming from an older guy, as in not in teens or 20s.

As I said not having a dig, was just wondering.

Premier League's no 7

We can't be ageist Fro, but since you're interested no, I'm not in my teens anymore. I know the younger folk love the attack, or so I'm told by my visitors at the old folks home, that is, when they take the time to visit, and I too see merit in scoring tries, it's just that I hate it when the other team scores more than us. You didn't ask whether I had anything against our brothers and sisters across the Tasman either.

Premier League's no 7

Defence wins games, yes. BUT, there are a lot of good halves going around that can't tackle.
A good defence protects this half, it doesn't blame him for being what he is.
Para targetted Ox in first grade & all power to them. That's what big, mobile 2nd rowers are there for. They help their little bloke in defence & target the other mobs in attack.

Premier League's no 7

Maybe off topic, but was watching the Sopranos last night and Junior was back in it again

That is how i picture DSM5

Premier League's no 7

When the topic of defense winning games was mentioned, I knew you'd be around somewhere Kiwi.

Premier League's no 7

I am always around DSM

Of course defence goes a long way to winning games, don't think anyone would ever dispute that. However these days, while that is still the most crucial part, you need to have the balance of a bit of attack in you as well.

You will never get 17 blokes who are awesome on defence, same as you will probably not get 17 who are awesome on attack. That is what makes the game so good, it is a team game and everyone works in with each other to get the best results.

Premier League's no 7

Back in 2003 we had sensational attack and scored about 35 or so points each week. Sadly we conceded about 50 each week due to no defence.

I am of the old school and would rather win 2 - 0 than lose 50 - 36 as we used in those days. Call me a dinosaur but winning may not be everything but losing isn't anything!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4