Pre Season 2023 - officially under way.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember as an 11 yr old boy, sitting a foot away from the TV screen watching FREDDIE JONES being chaired off the field after MANLY won our 1st PREMIERSHIP.
The joy and jubilation I felt as a BIG fan of The Sea Eagles couldn't be contained.
This was a very significant occasion in Northern Beaches history and I was aware of this.
I'd been a conscious MANLY supporter from the age of 6 & I always will be.

Three things I'm intensely passionate about are my MANLY SEA EAGLES, SOCIAL & ECONOMIC POLICY that helps the Australian Workers and the most genuine and honest ROCK Band of all time, STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!

In the Winter of 1972 I went on a school ' excursion ' to The Snowy Mountains to see the Hydro-Electricity infrastructure and to do some sight seeing and tobogganing.
The Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electricity Scheme was the brain-child of the great Labor Prime Minister, Ben Chifley.
In 1949. the influx of foreign workers stimulated the Australian economy and made Australia strong and prosperous.
The Australian people showed their appreciation for Chifley's foresight by voting the conservative retards back into Govt.

In December 1972 the Australian people sensed that harsh economic times were imminent, so there was a seismic shift in Australian politics with the Mighty Gough being swept into Government.
They spent the next three years transforming our nation socially & culturally.
Gough's Labor Government dragged Australia out of the ' Dark Ages ' after 23 yrs of retarded right-wing conservatism.
Riding on the Sheep's back into the Energy Crisis of the early 70's.
Ironic how Labor get voted in just before a major economic catastrophe occurs.
In May 2022, after 9 yrs in opposition the Interest Rate increases and Inflation rate, plus the cost of living is now Labor's fault.
Labor's euphoria turns to despair as Capitalism drives the economy into the ground.
Labor will fix the problems so that the Liberals & Nationals can take all the credit time & time again, then Australians will be stupid enough to put them back in Govt.
Howard & Costello tried to take all the glory & credit for the economic platforms put in place by HAWKE & KEATING.

On the 15/12/1972 one of the greatest Rock albums was released by STATUS QUO on the VERTIGO record label called PILEDRIVER. It peaked at a respectable #15 on the Music Chart.

They were very happy and exciting events for an 11 yr old boy starting to make some sense of the world.

Go MANLY & LABOR!!!!!!

I remember as an 11 yr old boy, sitting a foot away from the TV screen watching FREDDIE JONES being chaired off the field after MANLY won our 1st PREMIERSHIP.
That is a massive post SQ, full marks for originality in posting outside the usual narrow model of what a post in a given thread should be!
Couple of thoughts - conservative pricks or arseholes more aceptable terms these days than calling people retards as an insult...
And a little irony in you hating conservatives yet loving a band called Status Quo! lol
Regardless, your post has got my day off to a bright start, thank you :)

My father used to say " Thank God I'm an Atheist "
If there is an invisible spiritual force called God, then they, or it, put me on this Planet to educate and entertain.
The irony of STATUS QUO calling themselves STATUS QUO is that they became the most versatile and diverse Band in history. They weren't Conservative, they were adventurous.
33 albums of many and varied styles.

I must apologise to the Retards, because comparing them with Conservative C#nts is an insult to them.
Some of my best friends are Retards, in fact I've been called a Retard on many occasions.
If I didn't make love to a Partner efficiently and effectively, they called me a Retard.

The NDIS is another irresponsible, expensive Labor policy designed to help people with a Disability. It's a terrible waste of money, according to the Liberal Party.
That's the Labor Party, always trying to help the less fortunate people in society.
We should hide the Retards in Dickensian sweatshops, out of sight from 'decent' society.
Anyone for cucumber sandwiches??

That money should be allocated to the purchase of new yachts and luxury cars and property for Liberal Party's mates that they play golf with on a Wednesday, well any day actually.

The later Manly start their preseason the better.
More time for injuries to heal.
Not just the physical injuries either.
Inclusivity means consultation with the Players.
Manly's management's lack of Inclusivity is ironic.

Go Manly!!!!!

Good grief ..

1667864398873.png

I wonder if this is finally the year where we might get to see some photos of our boys, (lesser knowns and all) hard at it on there first day back at official training) 14th of November.
Usually one or surprises running around.

Every other year it's like we need a day or two for the photos to be developed. SurelyVideo editing can't take that long. The news seem to pump things out quickly.

It's not a first world problem. But I do think it's a lost opportunity. If there is excitement around 14th November as the day the boys getting stuck into the hard yards. There's going to be traffic on the socials on that day. Don't let the fans go away disappointed Add to that excitement. Grow it. Enhance it.

This year on Big Tony's watch. Just may be, anything is possible.

My father used to say " Thank God I'm an Atheist "
If there is an invisible spiritual force called God, then they, or it, put me on this Planet to educate and entertain.
The irony of STATUS QUO calling themselves STATUS QUO is that they became the most versatile and diverse Band in history. They weren't Conservative, they were adventurous.
33 albums of many and varied styles.

I must apologise to the Retards, because comparing them with Conservative C#nts is an insult to them.
Some of my best friends are Retards, in fact I've been called a Retard on many occasions.
If I didn't make love to a Partner efficiently and effectively, they called me a Retard.

The NDIS is another irresponsible, expensive Labor policy designed to help people with a Disability. It's a terrible waste of money, according to the Liberal Party.
That's the Labor Party, always trying to help the less fortunate people in society.
We should hide the Retards in Dickensian sweatshops, out of sight from 'decent' society.
Anyone for cucumber sandwiches??

That money should be allocated to the purchase of new yachts and luxury cars and property for Liberal Party's mates that they play golf with on a Wednesday, well any day actually.

The later Manly start their preseason the better.
More time for injuries to heal.
Not just the physical injuries either.
Inclusivity means consultation with the Players.
Manly's management's lack of Inclusivity is ironic.

Go Manly!!!!!
Wait What Reaction GIF

I have no words. Bravo :clap:

The joy and jubilation I felt as a BIG fan of The Sea Eagles couldn't be contained.
This was a very significant occasion in Northern Beaches history and I was aware of this.

Three things I'm intensely passionate about are my MANLY SEA EAGLES, SOCIAL & ECONOMIC POLICY that helps the Australian Workers and the most genuine and honest ROCK Band of all time, STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!

In the Winter of 1972 I went on a school ' excursion ' to The Snowy Mountains to see the Hydro-Electricity infrastructure and to do some sight seeing and tobogganing.
The Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electricity Scheme was the brain-child of the great Labor Prime Minister, Ben Chifley.
In 1949. the influx of foreign workers stimulated the Australian economy and made Australia strong and prosperous.
The Australian people showed their appreciation for Chifley's foresight by voting the conservative retards back into Govt.

In December 1972 the Australian people sensed that harsh economic times were imminent, so there was a seismic shift in Australian politics with the Mighty Gough being swept into Government.
Gough's Labor Government dragged Australia out of the ' Dark Ages ' after 23 yrs of retarded right-wing conservatism.
In May 2022, after 9 yrs in opposition the Interest Rate increases and Inflation rate, plus the cost of living is now Labor's fault.
Labor's euphoria turns to despair as Capitalism drives the economy into the ground.
Labor will fix the problems so that the Liberals & Nationals can take all the credit time & time again, then Australians will be stupid enough to put them back in Govt.
Howard & Costello tried to take all the glory & credit for the economic platforms put in place by HAWKE & KEATING.

On the 15/12/1972 one of the greatest Rock albums was released by STATUS QUO on the VERTIGO record label called PILEDRIVER. It peaked at a respectable #15 on the Music Chart.

They were very happy and exciting events for an 11 yr old boy starting to make some sense of the world.

Go MANLY & LABOR!!!!!!
Was that a Wakehurst Public School excursion?

Can I ask a favour - can we please leave politics / religion / race / sexual ID etc off the menu for the pre-season?

And then for the season itself, too? And all the pre-seasons and seasons after that?

For all the rhetoric these days about being 'inclusive', the above topics usually have the opposite effect here (and there, and everywhere - even at the 'United Nations'), and end up being 'divisive', rather than 'inclusive'.

Call me an idealist ("you're an idealist!"), but isn't supporting a team supposed to bring disparate people - as well as similar people - together in a shared love / respect for one team - in our case the Sea Eagles?

As for Status Quo - I rather enjoy a lot of their music, and can play a decent version of 'Roll over, lay down' on the guitar.
Whatever you want. ;)

isn't supporting a team supposed to bring disparate people - as well as similar people - together in a shared love / respect for one team - in our case the Sea Eagles?
Shared love and respect?? ... Hmm never thought of it like that.
After years reading comments here by Sea eagle fans it's clear that at any one time there's not a single part of the club that isn't distinctly disliked by some of us (And we are Manly fans!) From players, through to coaches, owners, the whole shebang.

I suggest that supporting a team is really about bringing disparate people together in a shared dislike of the opposition. Sport brings us together in hate and fear!! And the whole point is that we dislike the opposition more than we dislike our own side. This is the true togetherness of fans of a footy club.
Or so I thought! @:D

Shared love and respect?? ... Hmm never thought of it like that.
After years reading comments here by Sea eagle fans it's clear that at any one time there's not a single part of the club that isn't distinctly disliked by some of us (And we are Manly fans!) From players, through to coaches, owners, the whole shebang.

I suggest that supporting a team is really about bringing disparate people together in a shared dislike of the opposition. Sport brings us together in hate and fear!! And the whole point is that we dislike the opposition more than we dislike our own side. This is the true togetherness of fans of a footy club.
Or so I thought! @:D
Dont confuse footy with forum. Ive been in a few tours with manly strangers and they have been crackers. Some oddities but never anything but US
40 Nil is quite a tour song. winning was the way back then , and in this. community winning is emotion

the forum is different, anonymity for starters. Not everyone is at the bar at the same time is another, and footy chat is filed for future reference. Rarely used for good. .

when everyone agrees in the cause , which is the forum , intricacies such as with road to choose are far less determined.

we dont know eachother and have respectfully debated DCE. But if we were at the bar at the footy i reckon we would have agreed to disagree waaay earlier, for the vibe if nothing else.
what a laugh it would be to bring everyone from this forum together. I reckon there would be more laughs than scowls,

or do you think it would be a split camp based on cherry love, wrestlemania style. a good ol stand off over a good ol stand off………..

Go MANLY & LABOR!!!!!!
Forty five hundred times I’ve told you how much I care

Dont confuse footy with forum. Ive been in a few tours with manly strangers and they have been crackers.
It's OK I was just a little tongue in cheek.
And by the way I've been on a few Manly trips myself and totally agree, great vibe amongst the travelling supportahs! :)

Go MANLY & LABOR!!!!!!
Is this a footy forum or a sounding board for the ALP?, I have my political opinions just like everybody else, but I keep them to myself.

Can I ask a favour - can we please leave politics / religion / race / sexual ID etc off the menu for the pre-season?

And then for the season itself, too? And all the pre-seasons and seasons after that?

For all the rhetoric these days about being 'inclusive', the above topics usually have the opposite effect here (and there, and everywhere - even at the 'United Nations'), and end up being 'divisive', rather than 'inclusive'.

Call me an idealist ("you're an idealist!"), but isn't supporting a team supposed to bring disparate people - as well as similar people - together in a shared love / respect for one team - in our case the Sea Eagles?

As for Status Quo - I rather enjoy a lot of their music, and can play a decent version of 'Roll over, lay down' on the guitar.
Whatever you want. ;)
Agree 100%

Good to see a new poster getting acquainted , but don’t really need the political slant.

Let’s stick to footy

Is this a footy forum or a sounding board for the ALP?, I have my political opinions just like everybody else, but I keep them to myself.
Ditto.

Funny but when I turned up for my first bowls game when we moved out of the city to Redland Bay the club President came over shook my hand and said “ welcome Mark great to have you here oh and two rules 1) don’t talk about politics 2) don’t talk about religion , there’s enough of that **** everywhere else “.

That is a massive post SQ, full marks for originality in posting outside the usual narrow model of what a post in a given thread should be!
Couple of thoughts - conservative pricks or arseholes more aceptable terms these days than calling people retards as an insult...
And a little irony in you hating conservatives yet loving a band called Status Quo! lol
Regardless, your post has got my day off to a bright start, thank you :)
I used to luv the song roll over lay down. Brings back lots of memories

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4