Pre-Match Manly v Tigers Round 23

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We can't underestimate the tigers, who have been gutsy of late. Although we can beat them well if we turn up

Manly by 20

Tigers seem to lift against Manly. That drubbing at Leichhardt oval a couple of years ago is still a thing of nightmares!
We weren't convincing a few weeks back against them, but hopefully we've turned the corner.

Go Manly!!!

Don't let their fullback run, pressure their halves especially brooks in defense and keep charging up the middle. Then the back s will do the rest.

We need to keep the ball rolling and continue from where we left off against the Roosters. Finals footy must start a month early for us if we are to become a genuine contender this year. If we win all of our 4 remaining games, for and against might not even come into play.

I expect us to lose at least one of the next four games, Panthers is probably the real danger game but the other one is this game.

I watched the Tigers game at the weekend ( normally don't but at home with a dose of the flu) and they are no easy beats.

It's far from the MIGOTY , however if we want a top 4 spot and a guaranteed second chance then we need to win every one of these last four.

I think every game from here on out is important. We're carrying some battered bodies in the team and they would love for a week off in the finals to refresh. Top 4 and you get a second chance or a week off. We don't get that option if we lose even once.

I don't think we have a good record at Leichhardt, where the Tigers always seem to lift. That's what worries me most.
For our team I imagine Wright will be out injured. So Kelly to come in at centre with Parker moving to the wing, where he can assume the Tafua hit-up role. AFB to take Tango's spot.
That leaves a decision about goal-kicking. Kelly can kick but hasn't been used. I wonder if he has been practising, because one way to ensure you always get picked in First Grade is to be the No. 1 goal kicker. If not him then Cherry, Walker or Api?

I don't think we have a good record at Leichhardt, where the Tigers always seem to lift. That's what worries me most.
For our team I imagine Wright will be out injured. So Kelly to come in at centre with Parker moving to the wing, where he can assume the Tafua hit-up role. AFB to take Tango's spot.
That leaves a decision about goal-kicking. Kelly can kick but hasn't been used. I wonder if he has been practising, because one way to ensure you always get picked in First Grade is to be the No. 1 goal kicker. If not him then Cherry, Walker or Api?

IF Wright is out, it will be an interesting decision whether Baz leaves Parker at centre and plays Kelly on the wing

IF Wright is out, it will be an interesting decision whether Baz leaves Parker at centre and plays Kelly on the wing
One thing ive been wondering, was kelly dropped , rested or injured. It may have been made public but i missed it

Depends on the reason will depend on the position. Parker did all he could and im a kelly fan but id like to see parker given the opportunity based on his ability to grab his chance and keep him at centre. He will know he needs to keep doing a cracker job as kelly is in the wings

One thing ive been wondering, was kelly dropped , rested or injured. It may have been made public but i missed it

Depends on the reason will depend on the position. Parker did all he could and im a kelly fan but id like to see parker given the opportunity based on his ability to grab his chance and keep him at centre. He will know he needs to keep doing a cracker job as kelly is in the wings

Baz said rested/dropped to work on a few aspects of his game ... dropped is the answer.

Thanks, i missed that. Gee parker proved baz correct and has given the young man a challenge. Love it

And I may be wrong but I think Kelly has more wing experience than Brad, he certainly played wing for the u/20 SOO.

Guess the determining factors will be kick returns and bomb disposal abilities.

Edit .. but I do prefer Parkers defence and line breaking ability at centre.

Last edited:
No bloody talk of resting players these next 3/4 games. If injured, it is not a rest!!! Depending on results, we could have an outside sniff of Top 4, or 5th or 6th gives us home ground advantage. If we cannot make top 4 by the last round, and have 5th or 6th sewn up, then a rest could be justified to freshen some key players.

Us by 24+

The top four is far from settled. Cronulla, Brisbane and the 'Boys have tough draws. I reckon if we win three of our final four we'd scrape into the top four. Along with Doesn'tmatta we have the easiest run home . . . on paper, that is.

Baz will have the boys ready for this game... and probably the next.

I really do think that if we play our best footy - the next 4 games are all very winnable. But it'll be a matter of being "up" and staying there for the next month.

If we win the next 2 I can see complacency rearing its head before the finals....most likely against the warriors in NZ or Panthers in rd 26.
The Panthers game could be a four point game, with the loser missing the 8

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8