Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s 17 on 17* once they cross that line Mark. If we come with the right attitude, focus and application we will win this game. The sharks have been nothing short of inconsistent all year and are lucky to be playing finals.
(*13 on 13 really after crossing the chalk but you know what I mean)

Yes I do know what you mean but you don’t have to be a genius to see we are seriously undermanned in comparison.

At full strength I think we’d be right up there with the top 2 contenders BUT we’ve only limped into the finals so I’m just being honest in saying what I am.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Come on you lot, have you all forgotten about Dessie's famous radar?
All I've heard about all afternoon, even on radio news bulletins, is T Rex.
Meanwhile we select a debutant in the actual 17 along with a bloke who hasn't played for 6 months and it has slipped right under!
Dinosaurs are good for clickbait but I'll be most surprised if he lugs himself onto the hallowed turf on Saturday night.

I can see Tony Williams as a genuine X Factor coming off the bench.

He will be hungry knowing that this would have to be his last real shot at getting a NRL contract.

For a 30 yo his body would have to be fairing better than most with his extended breaks from the NRL.

Trex is the only forward on the extended bench, I reckon he is only there in case Sipley or Jack doesn’t measure up coming back from injury or there is a training mishap in the forwards during the week
Maybe, but Manly went to the nrl for an exemption so might be be more into it . Seemed to go to lengths to get him in .

Jwh free to play vs rabbits just announced he beat the charge.
Not surprised at all sadly
Todd again choosing he favourites

That team list has the DES playing Jedi Mind Games feel.

Can't but feel TREX being named means the dinosaur is actually playing this week.

Can Shipley realistically be any chance?
I agree
The Mad Scientist is trying to screw with Guppy heads in their preparation. Hopefully they will spend half a week digging up video of Trex playing for BWSE and stuffing around trying to plan around our 21 and the different combinations. I hope the Guppies are planning around stuff like Parker to Second Row, Walker to CEntre, Trex to Five Eight etc
Let them try and guess what Des' plan is. Naming Trex in the 21 is a great tactic!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6