Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not exactly full strength; They were missing Woods, Graham, Johnson and also Moylan who might be back. Plus we had our best possible forward line - that pretty much won us the game.
Without the experience of Siro and Thomson in the back row we will be tested when the ball gets moved around and spread wide. Hopefully no one attempts to read the play and see what happens this week - we need to shut it down early before our backs get turned around and burnt.
@Nuts giving us fake news ,thanks trump.

expect Des to mix this up game day, Fainu to start Api to lock and Jake to prop for immediate impact to blow them away in the first 20-30mins with speed - ball control and defence will be key after that. we execute and we win SIMPLEZ!

FYI. (Hope it helps).

SIGNATURES AND AVATARS
Your signature image(s) will not exceed 600x200 pixels and your avatar will not exceed 80x80 pixels. The combined file size for avatars and signatures may not exceed 500 kB.

Yes I do know what you mean but you don’t have to be a genius to see we are seriously undermanned in comparison.

At full strength I think we’d be right up there with the top 2 contenders BUT we’ve only limped into the finals so I’m just being honest in saying what I am.
You should show some faith in the players we have & not be so pessimistic! I look at the Sharks team & our team.....with a full strength Manly team we kick their ar$es. With this team we will be competitive & it could go either way. I still lean towards a Manly victory.

Sic’ em Rex!
IMG_20190911_054934.png

Bringing T Rex in is one of those selections that you feel like it Manly win the game, everyone will hail Des as a genius, but if we lose people will say it was a foolish call.

Personally I think with Marty, Sirro and Thomo out, T Rex will bring some much needed experience in the pack. And he’s also got a wealth of finals experience. Which can’t be said for most of the squad. I’m sure he’ll be more than up for the game after a long stint out.

Just for the record.....our collective number of Finals games played for the 17 named is 33. That becomes 46 if T-Rex plays, depending on who is left out (though that is likely to be Sipley I'd imagine which wouldn't change the number).

The Sharks can boast a collective total of 105 Finals games, 86 alone just in the starting 13 named.

But you know something? You can have the most experienced Finals team.....and still lose.

Just for the record.....our collective number of Finals games played for the 17 named is 33. That becomes 46 if T-Rex plays, depending on who is left out (though that is likely to be Sipley I'd imagine which wouldn't change the number).

The Sharks can boast a collective total of 105 Finals games, 86 alone just in the starting 13 named.

But you know something? You can have the most experienced Finals team.....and still lose.
I agree that experience doesn't guarantee a win but it is extremely important, especially for a big game such as this.
The 17 Manly named include 4 forwards with a grand total of a mere 37 NRL games between them. And that doesn't even include Gosi and Perrett who don't have much more themselves.
For that reason alone T Rex is a real chance.

I agree that experience doesn't guarantee a win but it is extremely important, especially for a big game such as this.
The 17 Manly named include 4 forwards with a grand total of a mere 37 NRL games between them. And that doesn't even include Gosi and Perrett who don't have much more themselves.
For that reason alone T Rex is a real chance.

We're behind the 8 ball. Our backs are against the wall.

But isn't that when Manly thrives, against adversity?

This game isn't won yet like the so-called experts are predicting. Hell, the game hasn't even started.

And I agree with you. I think T-Rex will come in on the bench for Sips.

Des seems to have tried his best for a few forwards who can offload, I expect they will try win as much quality offloads/ 2nd phase as possible and Fainu/Dce in particular to be close to the ball....hope Elliott, Garrick and Walker can also get around in support as this, along with a good kicking game are the best chance of points.
In attack Cronulla have big forwards and great edges, particularly the left edge with Graham where they are by far most dangerous....their bench are monsters so their interchange will have sting and add momentum, but on the flip side defensively, Sharks are quite flimsy through the middle, which is Manly's attacking strength, so Fainu and co will create havoc - especially late in each half.

We need to do the old motor racing tactic of getting out front early and being able to control things from there. Make them play catch up.

If we let Cronulla get the sort of start that we let Melbourne and Doesn't-matta get off to in the past couple of weeks.....we could be in for a very long night.

We need to do the old motor racing tactic of getting out front early and being able to control things from there. Make them play catch up.

If we let Cronulla get the sort of start that we let Melbourne and Doesn't-matta get off to in the past couple of weeks.....we could be in for a very long night.
Hard to do with our current strike power. Especially with most of our opportunities coming by exploiting tired forwards through the middle. Hopefully we catch them napping early but I doubt it in a elimination final.
I think Des will more likely try and hold tight for the first 20 and then strike with Fainu like he has in the past two weeks - I just hope our defence is up to the task this time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8