Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
....and change our name to Asbestos Eagles, because we'll be untouchably hot on Saturday night.
dsc_0041.jpg

I now get why Manly let Fox set fire to Brookie - we do not fear fire :p

dsc_0111-2.jpg

If I was Des i would be telling our players to turn this Sharkies game into trench warfare ...aggressive but not stupid
Emphasise repeatedly not to read to much into these Cronulla players even though on paper they maybe better then us
Focus instead on a basic animal instinct survival level ( not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog) they’re mere mortals of flesh and bones and bleed just like us.
Be more desperate in everything you do, a clear mindset, a premium effort by all The players

Clear mindset. Desperate. Premium effort by all players
On defence :wondering: @:mad: :banghead:
On attack
Offloading (wins games)
Backing up ball carrier
Catch everything
Keeping onside. :wondering: @:mad: :banghead:

In a nutshell play with urgency and for each other as a team and we will win

Just keep writing us off everyone. Betting agencies have the turpin as certainties. Keep it up. Massive blind side coming the sardines way.

Just keep writing us off everyone. Betting agencies have the turpin as certainties. Keep it up. Massive blind side coming the sardines way.
Sardines, lol.
I am certain they will be relaxed and confident ... which is a hop step and jump away from complacent.
Their rookie coach versus our been-there-done-it-all coach could be the one crucial advantage we have.
(Oh yeah, and also Brookie - be there!)

If I was Des i would be telling our players to turn this Sharkies game into trench warfare ...aggressive but not stupid
Emphasise repeatedly not to read to much into these Cronulla players even though on paper they maybe better then us
Focus instead on a basic animal instinct survival level ( not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog) they’re mere mortals of flesh and bones and bleed just like us.
Be more desperate in everything you do, a clear mindset, a premium effort by all The players

Clear mindset. Desperate. Premium effort by all players
On defence :wondering: @:mad: :banghead:
On attack
Offloading (wins games)
Backing up ball carrier
Catch everything
Keeping onside. :wondering: @:mad: :banghead:

In a nutshell play with urgency and for each other as a team and we will win
One thing I noticed is that Cronulla started pretty slow Sunday, and contrary to their form-line I don't think they really gel and play as a team - more as individuals. (thats why they ran 8th)
I'd like to see:
Fast play the balls - particularly the first 20 minutes - high octane straight up the middle and plays on tackles 4 and 5 only.
Simple instructions to the forwards - straight up the guts, stand up (read that Marty-and take note for next week IF you play) and play the ball quick.
Focus on possession possession possession.
No structured plays like we saw against the Eels - please (Cronulla will read it and eat it up). Do not play around Dylan again - keep the attack moving forward and do what we did until round 23 - bury them in the corners.
A straight line in defence. No more excuses.
I think if we do this, and execute, we can get off to a good start and win this footy game.
Please put Reuben back in his position on the wing and Elliot at fullback,otherwise Feki or Ronaldo Multalo will run riot.https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/ronaldo-mulitalo/

There is my gameplan. Fill in any gaps with what we did up to round 23 - and put simple instructions and pick high workrate forwards.

Manly by 8.

NYEagle

Last edited:
I will add to my above post - notice how the Tigers played. They ran side-to-side all day (particularly Nofaluma) and got absolutely nowhere. They ran the lackluster Sharks into form. We better not do the same thing.
NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7