PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Under the old rules we would beat the Warriors 9/10 times same with the Sharks. Now that the game has changed those 2 teams we beat us.

I have to be right ... I cannot begin to contemplate or comprehend being 0 - 5 ... or 1 from the past 15 .... before this it has been something completely outside my experience in 55 years of supporting them ...
It’s not the last 5, it’s only having beaten the Bulldogs in FIFTEEN GAMES.

This is my 58th year ( but in reality probably 50 years of serious following ) and I can never ever remember a darker time.

Only 5 hours and 36 minutes to go until we start to find out whether Manly are consigned to the whipped four (with Nth QLD, Bulldogs, and Brisbane), or whether we can separate from them to be a lower member of the middle bunch.

That's about the only intrigue I could come up with about tonight. Anyone got anything else to add?.

NYEagle

Only 5 hours and 36 minutes to go until we start to find out whether Manly are consigned to the whipped four (with Nth QLD, Bulldogs, and Brisbane), or whether we can separate from them to be a lower member of the middle bunch.

That's about the only intrigue I could come up with about tonight. Anyone got anything else to add?.

NYEagle
GO MANLY
Is all I got

NYEagle
I have faith at FULL strength will make a charge at the 8 , but fall 9th -11th....also feel our odds at $3.20 today is good and get on...as are the Raiders at similar odds - 1 or both - will Win

Things I'd like to see today.. Line speed in defence - a bit of urgency ffs. Completion rate over the match at 80% + , a few repeat sets with astute kicks. I'm beyond focusing on wins atm but I'd like to see some of the basics covered at least. Go Manly

Honestly , regardless of our ins or outs , if we get thrashed tonight by a cricket score, we are terminal.

I don’t expect a win , but, with the hot ( and cold ) Warriors , and with a few outs in their side , if it’s 52-4 then I think we can just resign ourselves to the fact there is something very very seriously wrong in camp Sea Eagles.

If it’s say a 26-14 loss and they’ve tried hard then that’ll be a sign that despite 5 losses we are at least starting to recover.

Only time will tell.

Honestly , regardless of our ins or outs , if we get thrashed tonight by a cricket score, we are terminal.

I don’t expect a win , but, with the hot ( and cold ) Warriors , and with a few outs in their side , if it’s 52-4 then I think we can just resign ourselves to the fact there is something very very seriously wrong in camp Sea Eagles.

If it’s say a 26-14 loss and they’ve tried hard then that’ll be a sign that despite 5 losses we are at least starting to recover.

Only time will tell.
Didn't we say that a couple of weeks ago?

Just sayin’

Things I'd like to see today.. Line speed in defence - a bit of urgency ffs. Completion rate over the match at 80% + , a few repeat sets with astute kicks. I'm beyond focusing on wins atm but I'd like to see some of the basics covered at least. Go Manly
“Beyond focusing on wins” - is this how low this once proud and envied Club has crashed !
UNBELIEVABLE HOW MANAGEMENT, RECRUITMENT, COACHES & PLAYERS ARE TAKING NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING US INTO THIS BLACK HOLE .
And the supporters are still hoping for a win tonight because they at least still care !

“Beyond focusing on wins” - is this how low this once proud and envied Club has crashed !
UNBELIEVABLE HOW MANAGEMENT, RECRUITMENT, COACHES & PLAYERS ARE TAKING NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING US INTO THIS BLACK HOLE .
And the supporters are still hoping for a win tonight because they at least still care !
Manly has become a disgrace, masquerading as a professional football club.

The successes of the 2005-14 years simply covered up all the issues (which makes those team's achievements even more remarkable when you compare to other well-run organisations).

Honestly we need Gus as GM for about 5-10yrs to do what he did at penrith. unfortunately, this will never happen. Thus, our only ticket out of this mess is for the Penns to sell to a more passionate and engaged owner! Until then, we will find ourselves on the very bottom, on and off the field, for several seasons - that is until the next (global) financial crisis hits, at which point we could most certainly find ourselves on the extinction list.

R.I.P Manly Warringah

The warriors' team doesn't look any better than ours. If anything it looks a little worse. If we lose tonight then the only possible conclusion is that we just aren't a first grade rugby league team. There'll be nothing for it but to hope that the cowboys, broncos or dogs pick up the spoon whilst we madly redesign everything for next year.

Tonight is Marty’s chance to show what he’s worth and rip in, especially with the injuries to the Warriors pack. I hope he is fired up and leads our team to a much needed win.

I think we just need to face facts that we have a very sh1tty overrated team! The for and against doesn't lie.

To avoid disappointment we need to lower our expectations!

Just sayin’

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8