PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 21, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cricket score coming up. I can’t see any reason why we won’t flog the warriors. We are way too good for these guys this year. We need to put a good score on them being so close to the finals especially if we want a top 4 spot. This is a must and plus we have parramatta sitting just below us. Parra are playing the dragons and it seems like an easy win for them this round. We need to win this game by as much as we can because after this game it gets tougher. West tigers have off late been more than a challenge for us then the raiders and Melbourne and Parra.This is it, as it’s the last off our so called “easy games”. We need this game more than the warriors and have the players to win big this year. We have more than pride to play for.

Cricket score coming up. I can’t see any reason why we won’t flog the warriors. We are way too good for these guys this year. We need to put a good score on them being so close to the finals especially if we want a top 4 spot. This is a must and plus we have parramatta sitting just below us. Parra are playing the dragons and it seems like an easy win for them this round. We need to win this game by as much as we can because after this game it gets tougher. West tigers have off late been more than a challenge for us then the raiders and Melbourne and Parra.This is it, as it’s the last off our so called “easy games”. We need this game more than the warriors and have the players to win big this year. We have more than pride to play for.
My main concern is the weather - cold windy wet Auckland night game may even the sides up.

Good to see Des has taken the team over there early to get them focused

Whilst like many I always have some degree of reservation with every team we come up against (largely due to form over previous years!), looking at both sides we should be pretty dominant, as long as there is no level of complacency etc.

There is no hiding their strike comes from RTS, however with Nikorima and Luke out he doesn't have as much around him in terms of creativity. Their forward pack is also depleted and with players like Ashford and Beale in their backline, we really have more in attack than them.

Whilst like many I always have some degree of reservation with every team we come up against (largely due to form over previous years!), looking at both sides we should be pretty dominant, as long as there is no level of complacency etc.

There is no hiding their strike comes from RTS, however with Nikorima and Luke out he doesn't have as much around him in terms of creativity. Their forward pack is also depleted and with players like Ashford and Beale in their backline, we really have more in attack than them.

Agree 100% BUT the same was said about us earlier this year with players like Parker / Suli / Garrick / Elliott.

Every side is dangerous on their day!!

All I know it's great to be looking forward to a weekend match knowing we are in it up to our left nut.

We’ve had a couple of wonderful events with the mad butcher in his lounge at Mount Smart.

He always took the piss out of us massively BUT with tongue firmly in cheek.

Gave me a Warriors jersey signed by their players and him as the organiser.

Great man for Rugby League in NZ.

Has never been a more deserving man of the title ‘sir’, would do anything to help out someone who is struggling, biggest heart you will find and as you say a hard case to go with it

Says a lot about the guy when even the Aussie league guys know him and love him, Joey Johns was in holiday over here and stayed at his place not long ago

Here they are feathered friends

The smiling assassins

Our boys look very relaxed and ready to go in for the Kill

img_0395.jpg

My main concern is the weather - cold windy wet Auckland night game may even the sides up.

Good to see Des has taken the team over there early to get them focused

To be honest with you mate ......

I dont think a double tsunami can save the Warriors the way our blokes are going.

We are a force to be reckoned with

1736-mean-eagle-wrestler-in-wrestling-pose-cartoon-vector-image.jpg

All I know it's great to be looking forward to a weekend match knowing we are in it up to our left nut.
Too right, brad. Remember the days (the first Des days) when no matter who we were playing, we expected a win? Feels like we're close to getting back there - and much sooner than I ever expected. And Des was a master at getting his teams firing at the back end of the season, so it's going to be interesting to see how this group goes.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6