PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is going to be a really tight fixture with the outs from both teams. I think we certainly have them in the forwards and I'm really confident in Eliot's capabilities after he filled in admirably for so long with Turbo out.

No was so looking forward to Tom playing tomorrow
Can understand him being rested but with him we would have been so lethal tomorrow
Still like us in this match
A 1 point victory will do tomorrow

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/07/12/nrl-squad-reduced-for-souths-match/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has reduced his team to play the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Saturday in round 17 of the Telstra Premiership.

Tom Trbojevic, Kane Elgey and Lloyd Perrett drop out of the 22 man squad named on Tuesday.

Manly team
14 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Dylan Walker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Cade Cust

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Addin Fonua-Blake

9 Manase Fainu

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

15 Corey Waddell

16 Morgan Boyle

17 Taniela Paseka

18 Lachlan Croker

20 Brad Parker

21 Haumole Olakau’atu

To me the biggest danger is complacency tomorrow.
If we think just turning up tomorrow will be enough then we have another thing coming for us.
Complacency?
We are not that good to be complacent against any team. Souffs may have a lot more out then we do but they still have a lot of excellent players.
With their full squad Souffs would be marginally behind Easts and Melbourne as premiership favourites.
We will need to be at our best.

Good test for young Nase playing against a quicksilver hooker.

Hope he learns the lesson of fast ball distribution and scooting out of dummy half when there is only one marker :nod:

Complacency?
We are not that good to be complacent against any team. Souffs may have a lot more out then we do but they still have a lot of excellent players.
With their full squad Souffs would be marginally behind Easts and Melbourne as premiership favourites.
We will need to be at our best.
I agree with you
I think like Titian’s home game this year and panthers game I think we thought we had the game won just by turning up and not doing the 1 percenters.
I agree with you Souths still have a strong squad and we will have to play well to win, I was just getting at with my post with the outs of Souths if we think we can just turn up and we will win easily then we will be in for a rude shock.

It must be a precautionary measure. The medicos have probably warned that his hamstrings need rest between maximum exertion. Two big matches within three days may be too big a risk.

Spot on, it’ll all be about load management. As Des said they were all ‘capable’ of playing.

I thought I saw Tom with bandages around his left fingers when the blues were posing for photos, so I thought he may be injured.

But it sounds like he's being rested.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7