PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Penrith v Manly [Round 8, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The first 20 minutes will make or break us. If we make errors and get hammered on 6 again's it will be a bridge too far.

A special mention for Jake: after you have completed the tackle, don't touch them again. FFS.
What will beak us is if we do not stay focused and compete for the full 80 minutes

What will break the Cats is if we put them off their game with our ruthless and resilient defensive effort

Just chatted to a bloke from dubbo. He laughs at panfers saying they developed burton. Apparently burton a very talented kid who learnt most of his skills in dubbo from his coach there. Some ex norths player.
100% correct

Yup.

I always hope we receive the ball from kick-off as there's less chance for the ref to yell 'Jake' continuously and give the opposition numerous re-starts followed by a penalty - until they score, get 6 ahead...then the ref lets the game start for real.
Yeah and Tge tough thing is most of the time Jake concedes it’s not poor reffing. It’s clear as day he infringes!

What will beak us is if we do not stay focused and compete for the full 80 minutes

What will break the Cats is if we put them off their game with our ruthless and resilient defensive effort
Their rent is due Bozo. And they will pay at 3pm tomorrow! 24hrs (or so) Penrith the clock is ticking.......

Won’t happen but that is the squad even with sirro, jorge and suli back I would go forward with . Only walker Lawton and Fainu if he gets off the charges would I bring in.

going to be a wonderful match tomorrow.

All jokes aside we have to be realistic in understanding that the Panthers are in the middle of a generational team Not unlike our 2008 side.... so as much as i want us to win if we at least compete for the majority of the match then i see it as a paper win.

All jokes aside we have to be realistic in understanding that the Panthers are in the middle of a generational team Not unlike our 2008 side.... so as much as i want us to win if we at least compete for the majority of the match then i see it as a paper win.
A wins a win a loss is a loss. These guys are not invincible and are ripe for the picking.

Probably like to see Cust to have more time on the field especially if the game is quite up tempo . Panthers will be trying to put plenty of pressure on Manly early and really just have to follow suit . Every indication that Manly "s edge defence has improved but will have to fluster the Panthers in all areas with solid D . Should be up for it and if a few things go their way and they are on the front foot from the kick off , certainly capable of pulling off a win and what a boost that would be .

A wins a win a loss is a loss. These guys are not invincible and are ripe for the picking.
Given they could only manage 20 points on the Broncos and the Titans put 28 on them in a loss, it just goes to show how variable a team's performance is. The Panthers have only just done enough to win their last couple. They are very beatable, and are actually quite vulnerable once they start to tire.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12