PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No team has been able to handle Fifita yet this year, it’ll be a big ask. The Titans do a great job of isolating the smallest defender on the edge and giving him early ball.

They’ve also got Kelly and Thompson on the same side who have been in great form. Big day for our right edge defence.

MY Fears
df.png

Last edited:
Titans are damaging with Fifi and Tino running wide. Have to come up quick on their playmakers Ash and Jamal who can be rattled and cut the decision time. Wouldn't get too carried with the Tits they only beat the Broncs, Cows and Knights reserve grade. They've lost to Warriors and Raiders who are struggling.

Big ask for Oloakau - atu to come straight into the starting side and an edge with injury recovery and not a lot of footy this season but maybe not a lot of options . Not doubting his capacity to do well , just if he would be totally prepared but in the 17 at least . Could always put Alioia there in the short term as an edge and even could consider Paseka [ even though that would diminish the go forward a bit ] but again ideally Oloakau - atu will be ready for that edge role to replace Jet Ski . Defence has to be the key , not the most potent attacking side but Warriors still had some pretty handy players to trouble Manly and for the most part they did aim up . In every match so far this season . Manly 's props have provided the go forward to put them on the front foot , just the attack and shape after that still a bit lacking ., and again if their defence is not in order , really can not be too competitive , even against the mid range sides . At least they were able to hang in there against the Warriors , gain a bit of vital self belief that they can actually win games again and very hopefully the return of Tom can lift them further and help with even more improvement .

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 5-6)
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust - (Virus)
15. Toafofoa Sipley
16. Sean Keppie
17. Martin Taupau

Reserves:

18. Tevita Funa
19. Christian Tuipulotu
20. Ben Trbojevic
21. Zac Saddler - Development Player
22. Tolutau Koula
23. Sione Fainu - Development Player
24. Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
25. Kaeo Weekes - Development Player
26. Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 5-6)
27. Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)

Injured or Unavailable:
  • Jack Gosiewski - (ankle, TBA)
  • Dylan Walker - (hamstring, TBA)
  • Morgan Boyle - (shoulder, TBA)
  • Moses Suli - (back, TBA)
  • Haumole Olakau'atu - (elbow, round 5)
  • Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 5-6)
  • Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 5-6)
  • Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)
  • Karl Lawton - (Achilles, round 11-12)
  • Andrew Davey - (knee, season)
  • Manase Fainu - (stood down, indefinite)
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 5-6)
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust - (Virus)
15. Toafofoa Sipley
16. Sean Keppie
17. Martin Taupau

Reserves:

18. Tevita Funa
19. Christian Tuipulotu
20. Ben Trbojevic
21. Zac Saddler - Development Player
22. Tolutau Koula
23. Sione Fainu - Development Player
24. Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
25. Kaeo Weekes - Development Player
26. Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 5-6)
27. Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)

Injured or Unavailable:
  • Jack Gosiewski - (ankle, TBA)
  • Dylan Walker - (hamstring, TBA)
  • Morgan Boyle - (shoulder, TBA)
  • Moses Suli - (back, TBA)
  • Haumole Olakau'atu - (elbow, round 5)
  • Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 5-6)
  • Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 5-6)
  • Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)
  • Karl Lawton - (Achilles, round 11-12)
  • Andrew Davey - (knee, season)
  • Manase Fainu - (stood down, indefinite)
Really appreciate what you are doing here Jethro. Thank you.

Our hardest task against the Tits will be trying to match their speed. They do everything at pace and love throwing the ball around. We play very conservative football; rarely does the ball reach our wingers.
Our style of play when we have Turbo will change for the better, but I'm not sure we have the (selected) talent to keep up with the Tits.

Our hardest task against the Tits will be trying to match their speed. They do everything at pace and love throwing the ball around. We play very conservative football; rarely does the ball reach our wingers.
Our style of play when we have Turbo will change for the better, but I'm not sure we have the (selected) talent to keep up with the Tits.
Yeah I was at the Titans game yesterday and they do throw the ball wide a lot and often early in the tackle count. It's gonna be a big ask for our edges. Id consider putting Parker on the right with Olakau-atu to help stop Fifita. Its definitely their "go to" edge

I just posted the news headline. But I didn't know he was doing a fitness test yesterday, did you?
Getting touchy again Kevin.
Why not assume the poster who posted this (ie me) is intelligent enough to know it was a headline and was having a bit of a laugh at the ott media?
Or not.

Yeah I was at the Titans game yesterday and they do throw the ball wide a lot and often early in the tackle count. It's gonna be a big ask for our edges. Id consider putting Parker on the right with Olakau-atu to help stop Fifita. Its definitely their "go to" edge

Just saw this after I posted the same suggestions ... smart boy the better one ..

Cool, intercept city it is then!

Well it would be if I was playing. Only thing I was good at...besides pulling the hammy. lol

so who is up against D fifita?

Schusters defence seems good but fifita is a huge ask for a 19yo five eighth. I think fifita has been playing on the left, which means he'd be likely up against Haumole on the right which is probably best.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4