PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 19, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boy the majority of those questions were redundant. How about asking if Ben is playing, or what will the backline reshuffle will look like, or what positions have you identified that need strengthening now you have cash available.

Yep. I cant see Miski being used as a bench player. This is based on something I read somewhere in the past. Is it possible that Des will move Harper to 5/8, Burbo to centre and Croker to the bench to cover hooker. Has a certain logic to it.

I more see young Turbo taking the bench spot than starting.

With AFB now gone ... its time for Paseka to stand up and be counted. That starting spot is his to lose.

There's gotta be something going on in regards to these teams Hasler has been running out this year.

I wonder if some of these younger blokes are on incentive based contracts that need to be carefully managed?

The Penn's would be limiting their expenditure in the current environment and I imagine things like an asset that generates no income would be at the forefront at the moment, not to mention our precarious salary cap management of recent.

There's gotta be something going on in regards to these teams Hasler has been running out this year.

I wonder if some of these younger blokes are on incentive based contracts that need to be carefully managed?

The Penn's would be limiting their expenditure in the current environment and I imagine things like an asset that generates no income would be at the forefront at the moment, not to mention our precarious salary cap management of recent.

Incentive based contracts would still come out of the salary cap though, not out of Penn's pocket so it wouldn't him so much.

The NRL grant to clubs is more than the salary cap.

I more see young Turbo taking the bench spot than starting.

With AFB now gone ... its time for Paseka to stand up and be counted. That starting spot is his to lose.

Spot on mate and I think he has certainly shown enough in the last two months to say he is up to a starting prop position in 2021.

Incentive based contracts would still come out of the salary cap though, not out of Penn's pocket so it wouldn't him so much.

The NRL grant to clubs is more than the salary cap.
Valid point, 3:30itis Friday pontifications after a few lunch schooners - excuse my ignorance!

Edit: As a side note I wouldn't be against bringing in Flannagan as an assistant to help Hasler with squad selections, turned the Dragons around when he was given some input there.

Valid point, 3:30itis Friday pontifications after a few lunch schooners - excuse my ignorance!

Edit: As a side note I wouldn't be against bringing in Flannagan as an assistant to help Hasler with squad selections, turned the Dragons around when he was given some input there.
You say you've been drinking then you say you want Flannagan.
Ok then.

A bloke that was caught cheating whilst being stood down for cheating.... Yeah nah

I would like Haumole to play. But it looks like Des will cut him again :(

I also have respect for Parker, he has done well, but I would prefer to see what a Funa / Hopoate centre pairing could look like ... could be the future (backed up ably by Harper/Parker and Suli when fit).

I'd love for Croker to have a standout game, c'mon mate lessgoooo!

Finally, Miski is gonna get a complex being the eternal fall guy in BenT plays in front of him lol ...

Love for Ben T in on the bench and OLy in for duck. Afte OLy missing out last few weeks I have a gut feeling it might just happen this week.

Poor old Miski just looks like someone who's a good player. He's not actually a good player. Not bad. Just not good.
My thought on him is similar, I won’t be surprised if Miski is let go by the club also for next season.

There are a few younger players that are pushing for development contracts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4